PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

ChrisRay
06-07-05, 06:35 PM
Want idiots? They're patch service is all borked today. Having to download from an outside source.

ChrisRay
06-08-05, 01:23 AM
I knew it was to good to be true. A patch that went a day trouble free. Servers have crashed. GG Blizzard.

Vagrant Zero
06-08-05, 02:07 AM
Haha you to huh? I couldn't download from their downloader, had to use another website as well. And now their servers are dead...idiots.

Ah well, at least this new D-Link DGL-4300 Gaming Router kicks all ass. Goodbye linksys POS.

Hero's Journey, Lord of the Rings Online, and D&D Online can't get here soon enough far as I'm concerned.

vampireuk
06-08-05, 03:27 AM
Battlegrounds suck, it's just a zerg inside a instance.

UDawg
06-08-05, 10:44 AM
I knew it was to good to be true. A patch that went a day trouble free. Servers have crashed. GG Blizzard.

AHAHAHAHAA!!!!1 Sure glad I quit WoW! You know the solution bro. ;)

Zelda_fan
06-08-05, 11:01 AM

lol this always happens on patch day. I can nearly garuntee that every time they patch something the servers crash. I know it kinda sucks, but I still like the game regardless. Lots of good fun. Friday, my guild is doing a MC raid for the first time! I'm psyched.

Sidric
06-08-05, 11:32 PM
in regards to actually getting the patch, well. go figure people, they release a new patch, the servers go down. it happens. I just downloaded it from fileplanet(subscriber), installed it, waited a few hours, then jumped on no prob. and unlike the pessimists I like the patch cuz it fixes a lot of the issues associated with my class(I'm a lock). the two biggest issues obviously need work (soul shards and a defensive ability, we have none, don't deny it), but with promises of even more lock love next patch, I think I'll enjoy playin my lock instead of startin an alt unlike all the whiny idiots on the official lock forums do.

ChrisRay
06-08-05, 11:41 PM
in regards to actually getting the patch, well. go figure people, they release a new patch, the servers go down. it happens. I just downloaded it from fileplanet(subscriber), installed it, waited a few hours, then jumped on no prob. and unlike the pessimists I like the patch cuz it fixes a lot of the issues associated with my class(I'm a lock). the two biggest issues obviously need work (soul shards and a defensive ability, we have none, don't deny it), but with promises of even more lock love next patch, I think I'll enjoy playin my lock instead of startin an alt unlike all the whiny idiots on the official lock forums do.

I like the content in the patch. Dont get me wrong. I think its a good patch. Despite it did little for priests or druids. :cool: But the distribution and server quality once again reared their ugly head today.

carkis
06-09-05, 02:35 PM
I haven't even touched the battlegrounds yet. I started doing quests in Revantusk in Hinterlands. Some rewards are actually pretty sweet! Definitely worth looking into. Melee trinket, new fishing pole, decent bow ... as you can tell I'm mostly into PVE content. I wish I experimented with a fury build a little more on the test server to figure out if I wanted to respec or not.

... and I never play on patch days. Always wait a day.

vampireuk
06-09-05, 03:08 PM
Alterac....SUCKS

Warsong on the other hand is very fun to play.

carkis
06-09-05, 03:41 PM
I got a glimpse of a polearm reward for a quest in Alterac. Another reward choice was a crossbow that's pretty sweet. They have awesome stats, but I have little idea of what it entails. I just know you gotta kill some dude. Anyone done this quest yet?

UDawg
06-11-05, 12:39 PM
Alterac....SUCKS

Warsong on the other hand is very fun to play.
For a warrior NOTHING beat Alterac cheese. :D

vampireuk
06-12-05, 05:38 AM
I got a glimpse of a polearm reward for a quest in Alterac. Another reward choice was a crossbow that's pretty sweet. They have awesome stats, but I have little idea of what it entails. I just know you gotta kill some dude. Anyone done this quest yet?

Don't even mention that god damn polearm, Blizzard have screwed over so many people with that zerg weapon.

Mangler
06-12-05, 06:55 AM
Don't even mention that god damn polearm, Blizzard have screwed over so many people with that zerg weapon.

How, the reaper is still better

carkis
06-13-05, 11:28 AM
Perhaps, but I ain't rich. I'll take what I can get. Sooo close to my epic mount now.

Still haven't touched battlegrounds. Done most of the extra quests in Revantusk and Thorium Point, so that's my next stop.

vampireuk
06-13-05, 02:11 PM
How, the reaper is still better

By a very small margin yes, but why bother getting a end game crafted weapon when you can simply press the enter battle button and get something nearly as good.

carkis
06-14-05, 04:36 AM
Well I tasted Warsong for the first time today and it was a blast. However, I must question this: how the hell does the horde win 3 to 1 and get less honor? I don't understand the bonus honor system. "Beery" had JUST joined and he got an insane honor bonus. The battle lasted a long time and I gotta give props to the alliance putting up a good fight. The first two matches I was in were easy wins.

... anyhoo I just got my epic mount and now I'm poor cuz I couldn't wait to make sergeant for the discount :p

Marcos
06-21-05, 10:37 AM
locks and warriors free respec weh heh heh

carkis
06-21-05, 11:12 AM
Got sergeant the next day, lost it the same day cuz I was stupid enough to join a raid on Astranaar. Idiots kept killing civilians, got 7 DKs and went back to grunt :mad:

Last night tasted Molten Core for the first time ... pickup group. When we finally gave up on Lucifron, I had died 18 times. I then appreciated my gear when I noticed I was missing over 1k health :p

I must say ... it is awkward being an offtank. You are unsure of who you're responsible for and you don't get much love from healers. I spent a lot of time sitting on the side just waiting for a heal. This experience discourages me from doing this kind of high-end stuff.

vampireuk
06-21-05, 12:56 PM
Pickup groups suck for the MC. If a healer does not heal you simply because you are a offtank then the healer sucks, it requires a hell of a lot of teamwork to pull off the MC and you will fail miserably if people dick around. Try and find a guild who makes MC runs and try to join them.

UDawg
06-21-05, 03:50 PM
Got sergeant the next day, lost it the same day cuz I was stupid enough to join a raid on Astranaar. Idiots kept killing civilians, got 7 DKs and went back to grunt :mad:

Last night tasted Molten Core for the first time ... pickup group. When we finally gave up on Lucious, I had died 18 times. I then appreciated my gear when I noticed I was missing over 1k health :p

I must say ... it is awkward being an offtank. You are unsure of who you're responsible for and you don't get much love from healers. I spent a lot of time sitting on the side just waiting for a heal. This experience discourages me from doing this kind of high-end stuff.
If you are off-tank then you should have a DRUID that is your personal healer. There is NO way around it. Nothing pisses me off more than people not doing their jobs.

carkis
06-22-05, 12:16 PM
Well went again last night. It's MC training for small guilds and pickups. The problem is everyone bails when they die two times and expect phat loot every kill. Didn't even get to lucy this time cuz everyone kept leaving even when we were doing way better than the previous night. I felt bad for the rogues who would die instantly when the hounds would spew fire out their ass, but it was soooo funny!

... and I got Sergeant back :D
Definitely helped with repairs last night.

UDawg
06-22-05, 02:22 PM
Well went again last night. It's MC training for small guilds and pickups. The problem is everyone bails when they die two times and expect phat loot every kill. Didn't even get to lucy this time cuz everyone kept leaving even when we were doing way better than the previous night. I felt bad for the rogues who would die instantly when the hounds would spew fire out their ass, but it was soooo funny!

... and I got Sergeant back :D
Definitely helped with repairs last night.
YEah, I love seeing that repair bot. Rogues finally see how awesome warriors are when they get into MC. Instead of just beating warriors in duels they see warriors hold a raid together.

carkis
06-22-05, 03:29 PM
YEah, I love seeing that repair bot. Rogues finally see how awesome warriors are when they get into MC. Instead of just beating warriors in duels they see warriors hold a raid together.
I haven't lost a duel to a rogue since I hit 60. It's revenge for all the defeats up till now! I even respecced to fury/prot and squeaked by my last one using shield & 1h. Arms is definitely the way to go ... I miss improved overpower with deep wounds. Dual wield and 1h spec are nice for mobs, but I'm totally gimped in pvp. Lost tactical mastery and I miss it so much. I'm probably going back as soon as the next patch hits, although the new fury blood thirst might turn out pretty sweet.

ChrisRay
06-23-05, 07:06 AM
My Druid is now 58 and my priest is 56 still. I like the druid more but I am gonna finish getting them to 60. With the 7800GTX arriving I'm not gonna have much time play for a bit. But it'll be worth it none the less. So I will at least accumulate rest experience.