PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

carkis
06-23-05, 05:14 PM
I hate you :p

Don't be gone too long, there is a rest cap. I hate hearing stories of druids soloing elites their level. I just can't break away from my warrior because I want to get to high end content soon!

UDawg
06-23-05, 05:30 PM
I haven't lost a duel to a rogue since I hit 60. It's revenge for all the defeats up till now! I even respecced to fury/prot and squeaked by my last one using shield & 1h. Arms is definitely the way to go ... I miss improved overpower with deep wounds. Dual wield and 1h spec are nice for mobs, but I'm totally gimped in pvp. Lost tactical mastery and I miss it so much. I'm probably going back as soon as the next patch hits, although the new fury blood thirst might turn out pretty sweet.
In the lower lvls warriors get their arss kicked by rogues. I stared beating rogues in a regular basis when I hit 60. I am arms fury or was arms fury. Just as soon as a rogue dodges overpower kicks the crap out of them and my polearm deals so much damage that it ain't funny and it is only a blue.

BTW with fury/proc you get stun so of course you have just as much chance at winning a rogue as I do with my dps.

ChrisRay
06-23-05, 06:12 PM
I hate you :p

Don't be gone too long, there is a rest cap. I hate hearing stories of druids soloing elites their level. I just can't break away from my warrior because I want to get to high end content soon!

Trust me. Bear form is not as appealing as it seems. Druids have the same problem Paladins have. We last forever but bear form is the lowest melee DPS in game.

Ninjaman09
06-24-05, 07:09 AM
Well I'm thinking of returning to WoW, my account's been dead for about 2 months now but I've definitely been interested in some of the new features. How's it looking now, guys? Is it worth it to come back?

UDawg
06-24-05, 12:22 PM
Trust me. Bear form is not as appealing as it seems. Druids have the same problem Paladins have. We last forever but bear form is the lowest melee DPS in game.
I can attest to that. I have beaten many druids. Every time the druid goes to bear form as a last resort. When I see them do that, I really pour it on them cuz the end is near. I have also lost my share to druids.

carkis
06-24-05, 03:27 PM
I only dueled one druid, and I lost so bad I never dueled one again. Roots = death. I know a druid who can solo the princess ... it takes 3 warriors to do that.

Well I'm thinking of returning to WoW, my account's been dead for about 2 months now but I've definitely been interested in some of the new features. How's it looking now, guys? Is it worth it to come back?
The battlegrounds are the big new thing right now. Warsong Gulch CTF is very fun. I haven't played with Alterac "epic" battlegrounds mainly because it's hard to get people in there. There have been some balance changes for warriors and there's more to come. There's few "high-end content" but the upcoming patch is going to add some. I'm certainly not ready for it yet :p

ChrisRay
06-24-05, 09:58 PM
I can attest to that. I have beaten many druids. Every time the druid goes to bear form as a last resort. When I see them do that, I really pour it on them cuz the end is near. I have also lost my share to druids.

I just go to bear form, immediately. Slowly wear the warrior Down. A warrior has to kill me at least 3 times. Even with Mortal Strike.

Build up 100 Rage, ((Easy with a warrior on you)) ---> Click Frenzied Regeneration. 1 rage = 20 HP (10 rage at a time 200 Health regenerated every 1 second)) ((2,000 free HP in bear Form) ----> Tank some more ---> Low On HP, ---> Caster --> Nature's Swiftness ---> Healing Touch ((Instant 2,500 HP) + Rejuv, additional 900)) ((both instant casts)) ---> Pop Back into bear. --> Outlast again. --> Bash. 5 Second Stun. --> Pop Out, Cast Regrowth + Rejuvenation 3,000 HP Heal over times)) While stunned.

And usually a warrior just cant outlive my 3 lives. And if I'm smart. I can usually bash a 2nd time since its a 60 second timer. Mortal Strike can make things annoying but usually I can manage it. Add to the fact that druid mana regenerates while in forms. I dont have much trouble with warriors in duels. But duels just mean nothing to me.

nVidi0t
06-24-05, 10:11 PM
I'm away on vacation and just DYING to play again :( Just got my char to lvl 60 before I left.. havent had time to grind any high level instances yet..

The new features look awesome too, I had a few games on BG but never got to experience it fully. Everyone seen that Dark-something faire add-on coming? Looks awesome!

Vagrant Zero
06-24-05, 11:21 PM
I just go to bear form, immediately. Slowly wear the warrior Down. A warrior has to kill me at least 3 times. Even with Mortal Strike.

Build up 100 Rage, ((Easy with a warrior on you)) ---> Click Frenzied Regeneration. 1 rage = 20 HP (10 rage at a time 200 Health regenerated every 1 second)) ((2,000 free HP in bear Form) ----> Tank some more ---> Low On HP, ---> Caster --> Nature's Swiftness ---> Healing Touch ((Instant 2,500 HP) + Rejuv, additional 900)) ((both instant casts)) ---> Pop Back into bear. --> Outlast again. --> Bash. 5 Second Stun. --> Pop Out, Cast Regrowth + Rejuvenation 3,000 HP Heal over times)) While stunned.

And usually a warrior just cant outlive my 3 lives. And if I'm smart. I can usually bash a 2nd time since its a 60 second timer. Mortal Strike can make things annoying but usually I can manage it. Add to the fact that druid mana regenerates while in forms. I dont have much trouble with warriors in duels. But duels just mean nothing to me.

And we're getting a nice bump in cat form among other things in patch 1.7.

[My new and final main is a Tuaren Druid....OMFG Sex...a bit boring on grinding and not so good at farming {that's what my Tauren Warrior and Undead Rogue are for} but Sex nonetheless]

ChrisRay
06-25-05, 01:47 AM
And we're getting a nice bump in cat form among other things in patch 1.7.

[My new and final main is a Tuaren Druid....OMFG Sex...a bit boring on grinding and not so good at farming {that's what my Tauren Warrior and Undead Rogue are for} but Sex nonetheless]

Omg man druids are the BEST farmers. Can stealth anywhere, Heal and Tank, It doesnt get any better than that for instance farming. When I am done with my 7800GTX stuff. I intend to finish my druid ((2more levels)) Then my priest ((4 more)) so that they're both 60 and then farm instances :P

UDawg
06-25-05, 02:10 PM

I hear ya, duels are just for fun and a great way to get to know other classes for PVPing. I have lost more time to druids than I have won but I haven't lost to a druid who used bear form. I also don't use mortal strikes or my other urber talents when dueling. They have a 20 minute cool down. When I fight a caster I sheild bash them to death so they can't cast spells and regen health. That is the key to dueling casters. Then I pull out my polearm and it usually takes 5 hits and they go down.

vampireuk
06-25-05, 02:27 PM
Fighting casters in duels I just push my second I win button (recklessness) I /bow as they wonder what the hell just happened to them. :D

ChrisRay
06-25-05, 07:08 PM
You two guys using an arcanite reaper? Usually the biggest problems druids face is they dont get any better damage when the higher end gear starts coming into equation so they scale poorly.

vampireuk
06-25-05, 07:27 PM
Yeah I got my reaper a while back, I also have the quest to forge Quel'Serrar which we are attempting on Tuesday for a server first of taking down Onyxia and the first guild to get hold of Quel'Serrar. :D

UDawg
06-25-05, 07:35 PM
You two guys using an arcanite reaper? Usually the biggest problems druids face is they dont get any better damage when the higher end gear starts coming into equation so they scale poorly.

When I played I used the Blackhand Doomsaw I wond in a roll off of Rend in UBRS. This baby causes major damge and since I arms/fury my crit went through the roof if I did crit you. Yet that is just it, warriors have a hard time getting to people but if we do it can surely end fast.

Blackhand Doomsaw
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand Polearm
151 - 227 Damage Speed 3.50
(54.0 damage per second)
Durability 100 / 100
Requires Level 58
Chance on hit: Wounds the target for 324 to 540 damage.
Sells for 7 Gold 43 Silver 46 Copper to vendors
Item Level 63

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=20827
http://img237.echo.cx/img237/3870/doomsaw2gx.jpg

carkis
06-27-05, 10:56 AM
My guildie protection warrior got doomsaw a while back. I still don't have one ... and I'm polearm specced :(. Currently using lame peacemaker.

Last night, I lost to a rogue :eek: ... first time above lvl 50 and it surprised me. I admit I was ****y and didn't prepare/react like I should have, but he stunlocked me like crazy, even threw that powder crap. I just expected the absolute win when he challenged me. He was alliance too, so I couldn't inspect and figure what he was using. This is going to bother me all week!

Marcos
06-27-05, 01:44 PM
Doomsaw is godly for MS.

Recklessness is godly vs casters.

three shared 30 minute cooldowns is ungodly..

vampireuk
06-28-05, 03:48 PM
We took our first short at Onyxia this evening, with 16 people. The login servers were down so the other half of the raid could not sign in. We got her down to 63% however and into phase two where we didn't have enough for the whelps. Not a bad attempt though :D

Sidric
06-29-05, 02:12 AM
I hear ya, duels are just for fun and a great way to get to know other classes for PVPing. I have lost more time to druids than I have won but I haven't lost to a druid who used bear form. I also don't use mortal strikes or my other urber talents when dueling. They have a 20 minute cool down. When I fight a caster I sheild bash them to death so they can't cast spells and regen health. That is the key to dueling casters. Then I pull out my polearm and it usually takes 5 hits and they go down.

The warlock spell Demon Armor now regens health in combat as of 1.6. So basically pre-patch it was just a crap spell, now its slightly less crappy.

carkis
06-29-05, 10:52 AM
Tested out the new patch. Now warriors train for the top-end rank 4 skills for all three trees, like it should be.

The new bloodthirst looks good on paper, but it didn't seem to be all that effective. The damage is pretty low and the health didn't seem to make a difference since the effect is short and dual wielding means you're gonna miss quite a bit.

Shield slam is pretty much just a damage ability, but for a 1h+shield combo it's hard to generate 30 rage to use it. Aggro would be better generated using a couple sunders instead, if that's the goal.

I noticed that improved shield block is broken on the test server. For the hell of it, I put in 3 points and all I got was a 9s shield block, no extra block. I'm sure attention just needs to be drawn to it and it'll be fixed.

UDawg
06-29-05, 11:21 AM
The warlock spell Demon Armor now regens health in combat as of 1.6. So basically pre-patch it was just a crap spell, now its slightly less crappy.
I have never beaten a warlock.

carkis
06-29-05, 01:08 PM
Come to think of it ... I've never dueled a same-level warlock.

Vagrant Zero
06-29-05, 04:45 PM

I do it all the time with my druid. Take out their minions then just rape the warlock. If he hurts you heal.

Marcos
06-30-05, 02:21 PM
I hate trade skills. Im level 50 and I cant mine mithril because I dont feel like combing the land for Iron. My smithing is a pathetic 206 because I dont feel like sitting in the AH for hours looking for mats. Got a mean set of blue armors and weapons tho..

Maraudon is the ****. Thank god too because Uldaman and Zul'farak were a PITA.

Marcos
06-30-05, 02:22 PM

RECKLESNESS WOOOOOOT!!!!!