PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

UDawg
06-30-05, 03:30 PM
RECKLESNESS WOOOOOOT!!!!!
Ya I know I could beat a warlock using recklessness but I don't use my urber talents for dueling. I like to try and beat them using my main talents.

For some reason I either don't have the skill or knowledge to beat warlocks. I really have a hard time with them. Same thing I had with rogues until I got a good routine down with overpower and stealing their weapon.

vampireuk
06-30-05, 04:59 PM
Today we got Onyxia down to 39% and into stage 3, one hell of a task for a 30 man group with only 3 priests and no druids, we would usually have around 6 priests and 4 druids on but we were missing a lot of people tonight. :D

Anyway she goes down soon!

lostlilchild66
06-30-05, 10:34 PM
I got my rogue up to 50, and I put him asside and started leveling my GF"s druid (now 44), and her warrior (now 26). Sure is fun to try diffrent classes in this game :)

Out guild is basically made up of a bunch of tired SWG guys who decided to migrate over to WoW. We're going to be expanding our guild so that we can take part in the high-end content WoW has to offer... plus, I want a full set of Bloodfang armor for my rogue :P

Ninja Prime
07-01-05, 06:53 PM
Anyone else fought Ragnaros yet? Damn, he's frickin impossible, best we've done is get him to 68%.

vampireuk
07-01-05, 08:40 PM
Anyone else fought Ragnaros yet? Damn, he's frickin impossible, best we've done is get him to 68%.

Our group should be taking the bugger on within a month hopefully.

Sidric
07-02-05, 12:29 AM
I do it all the time with my druid. Take out their minions then just rape the warlock. If he hurts you heal.

There's so many strategies for a lock against a druid I'm not going to bother to name them all. Basicly, if I have my felhunter out, the druid is going to have a hard enough time getting spell locked and his buffs all eaten up, plus the fact that I'll probably be siphoning life from you while simultaneously draining your mana. And then theres all the dots . . immolate, curse of tongues, and of course curse of agony. I prefer CoT against casters . . more time for me to tear them apart. And if I nightfall . . hehehe . . . well it'll be over quick my friend(nightfall is if corruption or drain life procs, then I get an instant cast shadow bolt). The fact is that you hafta to deal with both of us, which can be a lot of people's downfall. Most people tend to ignore our pets which can be to their benefit . . or not depending on the situation. Like any class, if we get the jump on you, its pretty much over from the start.

The class as it is right now has a lot of problems with it, but its extremely fun to play when you get the hang of it. Soul shards are a biatch, no real defensive ability against melee classes is even worse(fear DOES NOT count), and the fact that blizzard seems to blatantly ignore all of our real issues and only concern themselves with the demonology tree(which needed a lot of work anyway, but still). I enjoy it because its a challenge to play. I suppose I had to trade a bit of power for the uniqueness of the class, but I'm fine with that.

ChrisRay
07-02-05, 12:47 AM
Why are you using curses against a druid..? Thats like using magic dots against a priest...

Sidric
07-02-05, 09:29 AM
Why are you using curses against a druid..? Thats like using magic dots against a priest...

Ummm . . I'm a warlock so what other tactic should I use?? Believe it or not it doesn't matter whether the curse gets cured or not . . they become so preoccupied with getting rid of what I put on them(I still got corruption, siphon life, immolate, nightfall SBs, drain life, etc . .)that before they know it they are dry of mana and I'm at full hp and mana quickly draining them till death. And if I decide to go with a bit of demonology . . well . . . fel dom an instant succubus and seduce if they get antsy. I'm not saying I will beat a druid everytime . . because like unlike most classes, in PvP we are purely circumstantial. If I have the right pet out(i.e. a felhunter), then I could take on perhaps any caster type including a druid. Voidwalker? Imp? Kind of at a loss there . . I could demonic sacrifice one of them for their respective bonuses . . or voidwalker sac, but that will not give me any true advantage. But I'm mostly affliction so you'll probably only see me with either a succ or felhunter. I like the fel since he has a decent amount of hp, mid range as far as damage is concerned, and has a good sized mana pool for dark pacting if necessary. Suc is for if I just wanna plow threw mobs with no down time. Fel is if I'm takin some higher lvl mobs and need a bit of a better tank, or if I'm fighting casters. Like I said, the majority of our abilities is reliant on the pet we have out at the moment. Including, some of our defensive abilities which is a bit of problem since if we don't happen to have that void sac, or succ seduce . . we gotta rely on a 1.5 second cast fear, or 2 second cast aoe fear HoT. We don't have a single instant cast defensive ability to call our own. And the only problem is, Blizz is focusing on the demon tree, which needed help in its own right yes, but wtf happened to the soul shard bag, the promised defensive ability, the solution to pet pathing issues(hunter problem as well, though it hurts us more since we lose shards)? They are basically telling us that we have to invest 25 some points into a talent tree that 'might' give us some sort of viable defense. Why the hell do we HAVE to be forced into a tree while other classes get their abilities as bought spells, not baring what talent tree they have specced at all? Kinda takes the uniqueness out of the talent trees if you force everybody in that class into that tree doesn't it? sigh . . . . .

Man, you kinda got me going there. Oh well. /end rant.

Ninjaman09
07-05-05, 09:21 AM
Well I decided to come back to the grand 'ole game. Just hit 59 last night, and I plan to hit 60 by Thursday. UBRS raid scheduled for this weekend and some major instance running next week during vacation should bring me back up to speed (hopefully). :D

vampireuk
07-05-05, 07:16 PM
Oh yes, we did it. :D

http://www.vampireuk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/onyxia.jpg

Ninjaman09
07-06-05, 11:45 AM
Wow, congrats vamp! I hope to see that someday. :D

vampireuk
07-06-05, 05:07 PM
Was a hell of a fight to take her, on our 2nd attempt of that evening we got her down to 6%. We had a couple of terrible runs after that and on our 5th that night we took her down. When she spawns in 5 days I intend to forge Quel'Serrar. :D

Ninjaman09
07-08-05, 09:38 AM
Well looks like my hopes will be answered. By the end of the weekend I'll be done with the Onyxia key quest chain and we're raiding her next weekend. My guild just took her down last night! Oh and I just hit level 60 last night too. Whee!

vampireuk
07-08-05, 03:03 PM
Grats and I hope you take the bugger down again. :D

Just prepare yourself for phase 3 :eek:

vampireuk
07-11-05, 07:13 PM
http://www.vampireuk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/serrar.jpg

We took her again tonight and I forged my Quel'Serrar :D

carkis
07-12-05, 12:39 PM
Today's patch day. I'm scared for the warrior changes. I thought about prot speccing but ... I'm just lost now. What are you warriors doing with the free respec?

Vagrant Zero
07-12-05, 04:00 PM
For a new warrior should I got arms or fury early on and why?

vampireuk
07-12-05, 06:23 PM
For a new warrior should I got arms or fury early on and why?

Go Arms/Fury with the 31/20 cookie cutter build for sheer burst dmg. If you go all the way to 60 and want to do high end instances consider going to protection. For the free respec I am going further into prot, 7 points only in arms instead of 10.

UDawg
07-12-05, 11:33 PM
Go Arms/Fury with the 31/20 cookie cutter build for sheer burst dmg. If you go all the way to 60 and want to do high end instances consider going to protection. For the free respec I am going further into prot, 7 points only in arms instead of 10.
I would put most into arms. There certain talents in fury that are useless. Just get cruelty in fury, that is the most important for a DPS warrior. Later when you want to do the end game you will want to go proc, although some bastards (like) me loved to be DPS *****s.

Sidric
07-12-05, 11:40 PM
I just wanna ask any locks out there what they chose for their free respec . . . myself, a die-hard affliction drain tanker, went to the dark side and specced the majority of my points in demonology. I wanted a change, and I must say the buffs in Master Demonologist are pretty damn sick. I also picked up Demonic Sacrifice, Soul Link, Fel Domination, Master Summoner, and a few others. Demonology is extremely versatile with the MD talent. Baring in mind of course that our real flaws have yet to be fixed and some new bugs have been introduced(MD going away when your pet gets banished?wtf?!! its a passive buff!!). Anyway I enjoyed the changes and am wondering as to the thoughts of my fellow locks about it.

Marcos
07-13-05, 02:14 PM
i respeced to protection. Its good in instances. But, I can PVP no more. My opinion isnt finalized on Shield Slam yet. Its nice fast damage but jeez 30 rage, thats better off as a few sunders or heroic strikes.
Im at a loss without deep wounds and impale.
Im probably going back to cookie cutter MS @ lvl 60.

lvl 55 tauren so I havent seen the real **** yet.

UDawg
07-13-05, 03:56 PM
i respeced to protection. Its good in instances. But, I can PVP no more. My opinion isnt finalized on Shield Slam yet. Its nice fast damage but jeez 30 rage, thats better off as a few sunders or heroic strikes.
Im at a loss without deep wounds and impale.
Im probably going back to cookie cutter MS @ lvl 60.

lvl 55 tauren so I havent seen the real **** yet.
Yep, you just limited your self to one job, TANKING! Deep wounds and Impale are useless with out cruelty and you got rid of those once you went to proc. With out the extra crits deep wound and impale are wasted any way. Now that you hold aggro you don't need them any way. You are not a DPS wh0re any more, your a meat shield or a crit sponge. :D

carkis
07-13-05, 06:15 PM
Yeah ... I went to total tankage too. I will miss my 2h weps, even if they did suck. I can PVP no more ...

UDawg
07-13-05, 10:43 PM
I think being a DPS warrior is fine, as long as you let the raid know that is what you are. You might be over looked at times for a proc warrior but that is the chance you take. You can either PVP or do the end game but you can't do both. Your job as a proc warrior is to keep the aoe on you so the DPS wh0res can spamm the hell out of the mob. Get your self a good druid in MC and you are set.

I was a DPS warrior but could hold aggro very well, in fact as well as any proc warrior. My down side was I would not last as long as a proc warrior. That meant I put more work on to my healer to keep me alive.

Hashimoto
07-14-05, 01:42 PM
There isn't a big difference between protection and arms/fury in terms of tanking. The only important differences are shield block and last stand. With that shield from MC and one of the bonuses from the might set, you can start blocking for 120 or so everytime, which ends up being significant when improved shield block allows you to block 2 attacks.

Last stand is good in those "oh ****" moments, and makes a difference in certain fights.

None of the 5-15 man instances require you to go protection. Heck, it's pretty damn stupid to go protection on a pvp server as it cannot compete with arms/fury build PvP wise, and it doesn't make that much of a difference compared in tanking.

If you want to tank and still be very effective in pvp. go w/ the usual 31/5/15 build, that's what my guild's main tank uses, and that's what I would use if I didn't PvP much.

There isn't much in the protection tree that allows a full protection warrior to survive better than a warrior w/ 15 points in there, so what makes other warriors last longer is that they have more +defense gear. At +125 defense, you have 5% more chance to parry, block, and I think dodge, and reduce another's chance to land a critical hit on you by 5%, reducing the burst damage mobs can land on you, which helps a ton.