PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

vampireuk
07-15-05, 10:52 AM
There isn't much in the protection tree that allows a full protection warrior to survive better than a warrior w/ 15 points in there, so what makes other warriors last longer is that they have more +defense gear. At +125 defense, you have 5% more chance to parry, block, and I think dodge, and reduce another's chance to land a critical hit on you by 5%, reducing the burst damage mobs can land on you, which helps a ton.

Extra armor, extra defence, extra resistence to stuns, increased aggro, cheaper sunders. Protection spec rocks. :D

I'm currently at 436 def, 7k armor and 5k health and busy spamming the mc for more epics. :angel:

Hashimoto
07-15-05, 11:36 AM
Extra armor, extra defence, extra resistence to stuns

All in the first 2 tiers of the tree.

Cheaper sunder armor: If you have trouble w/ rage while tanking, you're doing something wrong, especially if it's in MC.

15% increased threat generated in def stance: Probably useful on ragnaros only as it involves a lot of aggro wiping, the tank regaining aggro, and maximizing DPS, but our tanks have no problem with that, so it doesn't make that much of a difference.

I'm not saying that some warrior going arms/fury/prot will tank better than if he went protection, but if you PvP at all, going 31/5/15 is much more effective and you still tank almost as good as a full protection warrior, and therefore would recommend using that. Gear makes a bigger difference than protection spec when it comes to tanking.

Marcos
07-15-05, 11:49 AM
What servers do you guys play on? Im on skullcrusher

but on a pissed off note: I cant charge in duels anymore bleh

carkis
07-15-05, 03:59 PM
I read that hunters can't lay traps either :p

Oh well, start close to your opponent now. Most duelists wouldn't let you get charge distance anyway. However, I'm with you; I think it's lame.

Server: Suramar

vampireuk
07-15-05, 06:42 PM
Cheaper sunder armor: If you have trouble w/ rage while tanking, you're doing something wrong, especially if it's in MC.

If you are not in the MC the cheaper sunder armor lets you get a sunder off whilst you would still be trying to get rage without it, anything that lets you get that little extra aggro is good.

15% increased threat generated in def stance: Probably useful on ragnaros only as it involves a lot of aggro wiping, the tank regaining aggro, and maximizing DPS, but our tanks have no problem with that, so it doesn't make that much of a difference.

It makes a hell of a difference in everything, especially tanking in the Molten Core. There are times where our warlocks nuke the mob so much that they end up getting aggro no matter how many sunders you put into the mob, without defiance control would be lost even earlier.

I don't pvp at all I just do pve raid instances so I am full prot aside from 7 points in arms and my job is a lot easier after switching from the cookie cutter a while back.

vampireuk
07-20-05, 04:01 PM
http://www.vampireuk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/anathros.JPG

This is how my warrior should look soon :D

carkis
07-20-05, 04:09 PM
Quel'Serrar, Drillborer, Might set. That's pretty much endgame besides Blackwing ... I hate you :p

vampireuk
07-20-05, 04:27 PM
Quel'Serrar I got last week and I picked up my second might piece last night, in around a month or two I should have the full set and drillborer. :angel:

carkis
07-20-05, 04:35 PM
HATE!

UDawg
07-21-05, 12:12 AM
I came across these two morAn rogues. Look at the other one "hiding" IN PLAIN SIGHT! while his pocket pool partner taunts me. OK, so I fart in his direction for a couple of times then I move along to my quest. Well it seems that a n00b paladin doesn't know you don't have to fight these idiots. He starts fighting them and they kill him quickly since he is a lvl 9. Then things got fun when a 18 warrior charges in and takes them both on. I flipped PVP and helped out. Got a honorable kill at the tendur lvl of 11. AHAHAHAH I usually don't PVP untill the 30s.

I was turing in a quest at the logging camp when one of these morAn rogues throws knives at me. Not doing much damage I ignore him and get my reward for my quest. I decide to take him on but he runs away in a attempt to lead me to his butt buddy. Now how stupid do you have to be to fall for this? Well obviously that lvl paladin fell for it, only neither one was hiding, then again he was a PALADIN! BAHGAHAHAHAH!!!1. Not wanting to be a honorable kill for these idiots I quickly HS out of there.

Moral of the story...rogues suck balls.

s-flow
07-23-05, 06:04 AM
Quick question, does Agility effect the attack power of wands?

UDawg
07-24-05, 01:11 AM
Quick question, does Agility effect the attack power of wands?
Agility only effects your crits.

vampireuk
07-24-05, 07:23 PM
Depending on the class it affects your armor rating, dodge rating, ranged attack power and of course your crits.

Marcos
07-25-05, 01:12 PM
http://www.vampireuk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/anathros.JPG

This is how my warrior should look soon :D

look at his eyes. he looks like hes getting a UFIA

Tyr-Sog
08-01-05, 11:27 PM
warlock doing some insane damage.

http://www.design4you.com/u/wow/Evil_movie_01.wmv

carkis
08-02-05, 10:58 AM
Oh ... my ... God ...

Foror's Compendium just dropped for me last night at DM North on a ... check this ...

a BUG!

The priest found it and oddly enough the roll box didn't even show. I screamed like a little girl and he gave it to me. I'm so excited but I'll have to get in another guild's Onyxia raids to get this sword forged since my guild's so small. I haven't even completed Warlord's Command yet either, but I WILL HAVE THAT SWORD!

vampireuk
08-05-05, 05:49 AM
warlock doing some insane damage.

http://www.design4you.com/u/wow/Evil_movie_01.wmv

That is nothing compared to what I've seen one lock do. :D

superklye
08-05-05, 07:02 AM
My old account was still there! So was my old character! I was on Tichonderus (sp?) and every time I logged in last night, I had about 2 minutes before I was booted from the server.

I hope it was just that server and not like that for the whole game becuase that just isn't cool.

Ninjaman09
08-05-05, 08:35 AM
My old account was still there! So was my old character! I was on Tichonderus (sp?) and every time I logged in last night, I had about 2 minutes before I was booted from the server.

I hope it was just that server and not like that for the whole game becuase that just isn't cool.
I'd get off Tichondrius if I were you. It's a crap server. Look for a medium-pop server with a name you don't immediately recognize for the best experience. ;)

superklye
08-05-05, 08:59 AM
Yeah, I think I'm going to hit up Gorgonash tonight after work. My buddy from work (and a number of other Marquette students) play on that server...so I'll at least have some allies there.

Ninjaman09
08-05-05, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I think I'm going to hit up Gorgonash tonight after work. My buddy from work (and a number of other Marquette students) play on that server...so I'll at least have some allies there.
W0rd. It'll be more fun if your friends are on there too because you can leech off of them. :D

superklye
08-05-05, 09:07 AM
haha, yeah...my friend fro work said he would power level me a bit...hopefully I'll get to 12 or 15 tonight after work in just a few hours. After the last 4 weekends of ridiculous partying (and this whole week of it), I need a few nights off. So this weekend I'm treating myself to nothing but gaming on my new rig. :)

I'm thinking about making an Alliance mage, and I was told I pretty much HAVE to be a gnome because of their bonuses to magic, but I'm not to sure I want to be a gnome... :-\

Ninjaman09
08-05-05, 09:10 AM
haha, yeah...my friend fro work said he would power level me a bit...hopefully I'll get to 12 or 15 tonight after work in just a few hours. After the last 4 weekends of ridiculous partying (and this whole week of it), I need a few nights off. So this weekend I'm treating myself to nothing but gaming on my new rig. :)

I'm thinking about making an Alliance mage, and I was told I pretty much HAVE to be a gnome because of their bonuses to magic, but I'm not to sure I want to be a gnome... :-\
Strange as it may sound you'll benefit more from soloing the first 10 or so levels. You'll get more experience/hour and more loot, which you'll need to start up your professions. And take it slow, it doesn't take that long to get to level 60, so enjoy every section the game has to offer. Once you hit 60 you'll be running the same instances over and over for slim chances to get the equipment you're looking for anyway. ;)

superklye
08-05-05, 09:13 AM
I know, I know...but I can always go back and start a new character. I just want to get up to a level that I can play with my friends quick because I've been out of the loop for so long.

Soloing gets kinda boring...what's the point of playing and paying for an MMO if you're just going to play by yourself? And I don't really like partying up with random people seeing as most of them are douches. At least, that's how it's happened the few times I DID party up last time I played.

Ninjaman09
08-05-05, 09:27 AM
Soloing gets kinda boring...what's the point of playing and paying for an MMO if you're just going to play by yourself? And I don't really like partying up with random people seeing as most of them are douches. At least, that's how it's happened the few times I DID party up last time I played.
Soloing is necessary though to advance through the game. You party up for instances, but you have to solo for your tradeskills, etc. Later in the game however you really need to group to finish quests, and you spend the majority of the game at level 30+ so you'll be grouping plenty. ;)