PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Tyr-Sog
08-29-05, 06:07 PM
On the couple of servers I was on the duping was getting way out of control. Hell I counted one day this 1 guy had nearly 20 blue items on the AH at once. LMAO, I maybe found 8 Blues(non soulbound) items in the 8 months i played the game. I reported it to a GM and it just fell on deaf ears..

WOW service is next to none. You'd think with 3million plus subscribers @ $15($45,000,000/month) they could afford to hire a kick ass staff, clean the game up a bit and add some expansions/content.

Marcos
08-30-05, 01:47 PM
Here is another example. I was in a guild run with a huge guild called Just Cause, after we kill Drac, they were actually porting in people for a couple of the drops off of him. They pull this crap all the time.

They can do that?

Ninjaman09
08-30-05, 02:21 PM
I am about to undertake a tremendous task - rolling an Undead Warlock. Wish me luck. It's gonna be a rough ride. :D

Vagrant Zero
08-30-05, 09:13 PM
I hate dueling pallies with a passion. I can kick the crap out of them all day long until they heal just before they die. They then put up the wuss shield and hearth. After that they laugh at you.

When we duel in my guild we have a no healing rule. We just go through in one shot with out healing. Some say that is bogus but we just want to have quick duels and it is much more fun. If you want to watch the most boring duel in WoW, watch two pallies duel. CRAP! pack a lunch cuz it will be a while.

That's 6 ****ing shields. One Pally shields, both heal, 5 minutes to drain health, next pally sheilds, both heal...repeat...that fight would never end.

Sidric
08-31-05, 12:13 PM
I am about to undertake a tremendous task - rolling an Undead Warlock. Wish me luck. It's gonna be a rough ride. :D

:headbang:

Amen, brother. First and only char I've rolled. Trust me, once(and if) you level him to 60, no other class will seem as interesting. Probably why I get bored with my alts so easily(got a low level sham and mage whom needs lovin).

DaveW
08-31-05, 12:34 PM
Greets WoW players.

I subscribed for the first time a month ago. I created an Orc Warlock on Malygos, then ditched it for a new Orc Warlock when the new server (Moonrunner) went online. I'm now up to level 40 and just got a mount.

I've been having a lot of fun, much more than I did on my previous painful MMORPG experience - Star Wars Galaxies.

Blizz did a much better job than SOE did. However they can still do a much better job with server stability and they need to fix the duping exploits.

The game seems pretty balanced to me. True, I lose every duel against a warrior, but I figure a cloth wearing caster like me isn't supposed to be able to stand toe-to-toe with a melee class anyway. In PvE I can hold a mob a couple of levels above me. For instances and raids I play more of a support role. Recently i've been doing battlegrounds at WSG and I always rank high in the kills too. A pally can throw up his shield, but by then I already have 3 debuffs on him and he will die anyway.

On my server, like most I gather, Alliance outnumber Horde by nearly 2:1. I suspect because 90% of teenage male players role up a female night elf. Horde still kick their asses in raids and battleground :D

vampireuk
08-31-05, 03:01 PM
The game seems pretty balanced to me. True, I lose every duel against a warrior, but I figure a cloth wearing caster like me isn't supposed to be able to stand toe-to-toe with a melee class anyway.

Sucubus and seduce, warriors cannot get anywhere near you. :(

Sidric
08-31-05, 06:47 PM
Sucubus and seduce, warriors cannot get anywhere near you. :(

That's assuming it doesnt get resisted in the first place. That's also assuming he isn't a blacksmith. And he isn't undead. And he doesn't PvP. And he . . erm . . well you get the point. Seduce is a poor excuse for CC. Fear even worse. Basically, if you find yourself in a situation with an opposing melee char as a warlock, you can variably try to seduce or (snicker) fear them, but chances are you are as good as dead. The only things that can save you are soul link(the end talent for demonology)or well . . nah thats the only thing that can save you. Sucks huh? Thats why the whole warlock community has been in an uproar for the past 3 patches because we've got nothing but talent improvements. Were they needed? Absolutely, but our real problems have yet to be fixed. Soul shards, an instant non-talent defense, pet pathing, and our end-game pets are glaring issues that have been pushed by the wayside for some time now.

Hell, I just saw an infernal and doomguard get wtfpwned by one of those new fangled hunter pets on the 1.7 test. Lore problems aside(A chaotic minion of doom and destruction gets beaten by Kitty the Karate Cat? I don't think so . .), that shows how much work needs to be done on our endgame pets.

heh, woops. there I go ranting again . . . sorry :o . as much as I enjoy this class, it kills me how Blizzard is so ignorant about our problems. don't let my ranting stop you from playing however. A warlock is an excellent class for PvE, and the most interesting and challenging for PvP. Have fun :D

Ninjaman09
08-31-05, 07:04 PM
:headbang:

Amen, brother. First and only char I've rolled. Trust me, once(and if) you level him to 60, no other class will seem as interesting. Probably why I get bored with my alts so easily(got a low level sham and mage whom needs lovin).
Even already at level 11 I'm enjoying this class loads more than my warrior! :D

Marcos
09-02-05, 09:13 AM
The #1 horde PVPr on my server (Skullcrusher) is an Undead Warlock, he has over 90,000 honor kills.

Skullcrusher also hosts the furthest Horde guild in BWL (Nightmare Assylum) They killed Crommagnus (sp?) Just after Elite Chaos (Alliance, Bleeding Hollow, supposed #1 Guild in WoW)

Ninja Prime
09-02-05, 03:22 PM
The #1 horde PVPr on my server (Skullcrusher) is an Undead Warlock, he has over 90,000 honor kills.

Skullcrusher also hosts the furthest Horde guild in BWL (Nightmare Assylum) They killed Crommagnus (sp?) Just after Elite Chaos (Alliance, Bleeding Hollow, supposed #1 Guild in WoW)

Someone, can't remember who, posted a vid of the Neferion fight, it's frickin' crazy, zerg of about 20 lvl 60 something elites. :eek:

vampireuk
09-03-05, 04:45 AM
That's assuming it doesnt get resisted in the first place. That's also assuming he isn't a blacksmith. And he isn't undead. And he doesn't PvP. And he . . erm . . well you get the point.

He is a Orc, in pvp he will not be fighting undeads. I can't remember anytime where my warrior resisted a seduce. I used to duel against a warlock a lot when I was playing wow and I could never get near the bugger and he did massive damage.

UDawg
09-14-05, 03:04 PM
My name is UDawg lvl 60 warrior and I like ZG. :D

That place is cool, though the bat riders who explode for 5k damage kinda suck. LOL they spell instant death for tanks who do their job.

carkis
09-14-05, 03:39 PM
The trick is to BACK UP when you get that message. The bat rider will stay in place.

GlowStick
09-15-05, 12:45 AM
Hello,

I just got WoW, and so far I like it. A friend at school plays alot so he convinced me to try it out.

However, he plays on a pvp server, any recomndations of what Alliance class/race i should be that really pwns? Right now i started a hu-mon warrior (i know generic).

Also, whats the currency breakdown, someone gave me 1 gold and said it was worth alot??

vampireuk
09-15-05, 03:54 AM
My name is UDawg lvl 60 warrior and I like ZG. :D

That place is cool, though the bat riders who explode for 5k damage kinda suck. LOL they spell instant death for tanks who do their job.

Bah with 9k health 5k is nothing. :angel:

UDawg
09-15-05, 12:52 PM
The trick is to BACK UP when you get that message. The bat rider will stay in place.
Ya, but when there was two everyone was on the other one and the one I was tanking was next to it. I didn't move in time.

BTW vamp you ain't got nothing but a loin cloth now.:)

UDawg
09-15-05, 12:53 PM
Hello,

I just got WoW, and so far I like it. A friend at school plays alot so he convinced me to try it out.

However, he plays on a pvp server, any recomndations of what Alliance class/race i should be that really pwns? Right now i started a hu-mon warrior (i know generic).

Also, whats the currency breakdown, someone gave me 1 gold and said it was worth alot??
It is a lot if you are below lvl 10.

Ninjaman09
09-15-05, 01:11 PM
Hello,

I have a level 60 Human warrior and I loved him. You'll have a blast playing a warrior as you make your way through the game. And it's easy to get group invites too, though get ready to fight over plate with the pallies. ;)

GlowStick
09-15-05, 04:35 PM
Hm, so far so fun, however i cant find a group anyware. I guess i need to explore a bit, but i am finding people just they are all 'powerleveling' so bah!

Sidric
09-15-05, 07:42 PM
Our PUG(actually, two guilds collaborating)just recently defeated the second boss of ZG. First boss was a royal pita but we figured out how to down her without the bats spawning. Second boss is actually very easy with some coordinated sheeping and Curses of Doom. Both bosses we had two warlocks(including myself) mana drain them during the first phase as they heal in the second phase. Trick with the exploding bats btw is have two tanks. One tank for each rider, focus fire on the one till the message(the eyes glowing or whatever they say), PW:Shield the tank while everyone else backs off. Rinse, repeat for other rider.

GlowStick
09-15-05, 08:20 PM
help, my server just went down

oh noes.

superklye
09-16-05, 10:12 AM
I finally got paid and reinstated my account...I just got the 1.70 patch, and my God, this is taking forever to install. Like, this is tear-inducing. I haven't played in almost 2 weeks, I just want to log in, damn it! I'm skipping all three classes today so I could play!

Ninjaman09
09-16-05, 10:17 AM
help, my server just went down

oh noes.
Get used to it, sucker! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

GlowStick
09-16-05, 12:54 PM
I finally got paid and reinstated my account...I just got the 1.70 patch, and my God, this is taking forever to install. Like, this is tear-inducing. I haven't played in almost 2 weeks, I just want to log in, damn it! I'm skipping all three classes today so I could play!
It took 3 hours for the game to install and patch to lateist MINUS donwload time.

Not sure if my dvd drive is ****ed cus my 'known' good one trey motor suddnely died on me so i put in a new unused hp dvd+rw. However the patch was saddinly slow.