PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

UDawg
03-01-05, 06:59 PM
I went through BFD instance twice today with a 50 pali and a 59 rogue and me a 29 warrior. It was a blast but twice I didn't get the Strike of the Hydra. It pisses me off that it only drops 14% of the time. I really need a good sword. My 21 per sec sword is ok with minor beast slay but I need MORE.

WeReWoLf
03-01-05, 07:21 PM
i know how ya feel Udawg... i keep upgrading to bigger badder and faster weapons all the time. i now run around with 7 weapons, 2 shields and a basic set of replacement armour in case mine breaks whilst in an instance.

UDawg
03-01-05, 08:00 PM
i know how ya feel Udawg... i keep upgrading to bigger badder and faster weapons all the time. i now run around with 7 weapons, 2 shields and a basic set of replacement armour in case mine breaks whilst in an instance.
LOL I run around with only what i wear and run away if I need a fix. LOL I'm a loser that way:D I do have a back-up axe that is just below my sword but that's it.

Ninjaman09
03-01-05, 08:04 PM
Don't feel bad UDawg, I do the same thing. It's just crazy to carry lots of extra equipment when you can put it up for auction instead!

retsam
03-01-05, 08:06 PM
ok guys i need some advice ... im a lvl 22 druid .. i am gonna start another account, becouse i would like to play two at once. just to complement the two charectors... give me some advice on what kind of charector i should play next.

Ninjaman09
03-01-05, 08:17 PM
Well it's tough to say, since druid is such a hybrid class. I'd give Mages a shot, or maybe a Hunter. Warriors, Rogues, Pallys, and the various hybrids are great too. Actually, it's impossible to recommend one over the other. :)

retsam
03-01-05, 09:25 PM
i was actually thinking about a warrior, just because druids are good healers and druids suck at attacks. and a warrior would help greatly in that department

DaveChambers
03-01-05, 09:27 PM
I went through BFD instance twice today with a 50 pali and a 59 rogue and me a 29 warrior. It was a blast but twice I didn't get the Strike of the Hydra. It pisses me off that it only drops 14% of the time. I really need a good sword. My 21 per sec sword is ok with minor beast slay but I need MORE.
I have a 29.7dps dagger and a 26 or so dps dagger on my rogue. Its nice going into a fighting and taking half a mob of my own levels heath in 1 hit :)

The reason I love rogues: Dagger with a damage range for 26-58 has hit over 900 on several occasions :)

Blacklash
03-01-05, 10:36 PM
I miss PvP too much so I am getting this game to try. Time to Pee Kay a few fewls and try not to get "pwn3d". :p

I am thinking Rogue, Shaman or Hunter. I have played Rogues A LOT in other MMORPG's.

DaveChambers
03-01-05, 10:51 PM
I miss PvP too much so I am getting this game to try. Time to Pee Kay a few fewls and try not to get "pwn3d". :p

I am thinking Rogue, Shaman or Hunter. I have played Rogues A LOT in other MMORPG's.
Go with a rogue, you'll be very happy.

WeReWoLf
03-02-05, 12:29 AM
The weapons i use are
Truesilver Champion (http://thottbot.com/?i=3660)
Thrash Blade (http://thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=19490)
Rune Sword of the Bear (http://thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=9195)
Colossal Great Axe of the Monkey (http://thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=15158)
Overlord's Shield of the Monkey (http://thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=20144)
Templar Shield of the Monkey (http://thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=19189)
Fiery War Axe (http://thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=3649)

retsam
03-02-05, 12:37 AM
you know i just realized what this game is missing ... a bard ...yes this game needs some fairy running around singing songs.

WeReWoLf
03-02-05, 12:47 AM
Nope. Bard's (in my view) were excluded from WoW because they got their own upcoming game (that looks extremely cool BTW) A Bard's Tale. A tale of Heroics and Questing, or one of Coin and Cleavage. If you haven't seen the trailer, google for it!

UDawg
03-02-05, 01:06 AM
i was actually thinking about a warrior, just because druids are good healers and druids suck at attacks. and a warrior would help greatly in that department
The warrior does not get good until lvl 26. Before that he is a tool with out a clue. Once you get some good armor you can take on lvl 20 elites by your self but if you don't have good armor don't even think about it.

vampireuk
03-02-05, 02:48 AM
Udawg when you hit 32 head into gnomeregan and get hold of buttplugs arm, awesome axe. :D

retsam
03-02-05, 02:49 AM
ok thats good to know udawg. now that you said that i started to look at being a hunter... hmmm hunters get pets .... do warriors get pets also ? what special abilities do warriors have ? my druid gets shape shifting hmmm

WeReWoLf
03-02-05, 04:29 AM
warriors don't get pets. our only special abilities are being able to set off a 10sec move (retaliation) that hands out instant damage to all enemies in a 10ft radius. You hit harder and faster with a slower and higher dps axe. I know it sounds weird, but trust me, it's cool. We also get Shield Wall which blocks all attacks for like 10-15 secs... i dunno, never used it. We also get overpower. As soon as something dodges, slam the sword/axe down their throat in protest.

vampireuk
03-02-05, 06:30 AM
I have a pet, her name is Maria, but I digress. You can find certain items that summon minions for a short period of time, but they are quite dangerous at times since they attack EVERYTHING.

By the way is there any bonus with a warrior choosing a certain weapon such as a axe mace or sword? Since I'm ready to start my specalist smithing at level 40 I am wondering which weapons to craft. And overpower rocks :D

Generally people expect warriors to dish out massive ammounts of damage, this is not the case. The warrior is more of a support melee class with abilitys to cripple the enemy and make them extremely weak and easy to fight. If you want to do a lot of damage a paladin or rogue is the way to go. However demorolizing shout, sunder, sunder, sunder, thunderclap, sunder and any boss is as good as dead from the rest of the group. :p

UDawg
03-02-05, 10:19 AM
warriors don't get pets. our only special abilities are being able to set off a 10sec move (retaliation) that hands out instant damage to all enemies in a 10ft radius. You hit harder and faster with a slower and higher dps axe. I know it sounds weird, but trust me, it's cool. We also get Shield Wall which blocks all attacks for like 10-15 secs... i dunno, never used it. We also get overpower. As soon as something dodges, slam the sword/axe down their throat in protest.
Remember we have shield attack also. this will bitch slap a pally, priest or what ever from casting a spell. If they are down on health and try to heal. I just sheild attack and stop it and down goes the pally. I will say for all those who say how awesome rougue pally ect are and think they are teh l33t, remember that the warrior basically doesn't have any magic. It is harder to be the warrior especially when a nother character can freeze you and stand at a distance and keep delievering damage and then think they are awesome. The warrior is different. If you understand this then it can be fun because a priest will ALWAYS want you on in a instance.

Sorrow
03-02-05, 10:57 AM
I just respecced my shaman before coming to class, and am going to do talent config when I get home. I'm thinking (I'm only 18 on this toon) of going 31 in enchancement and 19 in restoration for tanking / healing ownage.

ALSO: Axes, swords, or maces? I hear axes are great dps, but since my 42 rogue can't use axes, I wouldn't know about higher up. Maces make sweet crits, but axes seem a little better, I don't know though.

Tyr-Sog
03-02-05, 12:28 PM
Well I have a 47 Shammy on the high populated server of Ner'Zhul that a rarly play now. Couple of reasons, to much lag and server issues on the high populated servers and my buddy picked the game up so I started a new toon. Might as well be on a new low pop server.

I now am playing a Dwarf Priest that is currently lvl 37. My buddy choosed a Warlock gnome. The priest rocks and as of now is all speced in shadow but will start to lean in to discpline. One issue I find with the priest is people expect you only to heal, which is fine if thats what I agree to by joining a group but when I'm out on my own, horde raiding or questing myself don't expect me just to heal you. I may on occassions help some out but I enjoy dealing the damage to.

Now, we're starting our alts. I rolled a NE hunter(lvl 14 currently) and a Human Mage(lvl 12) and I'm not sure who to use as my second character. I love the damage the mage does but I do have the priest which is a spell caster/cloth wearer. The hunter on the otherhand can waer mail after 40, have a pet, deliver decent melee damage and is basically I complete opposite of the priest.

Anyone high lvl'ed with these guys and have any advice in how these guys are in PVP?

vampireuk
03-02-05, 05:53 PM
A guy in our guild says the high level mage is quite boring to play, we did a test today to see how "powerful" priests were. A level 40 priest against my 35 warrior and he was not allowed to heal, it was nasty. :p

UDawg
03-02-05, 06:08 PM
A guy in our guild says the high level mage is quite boring to play, we did a test today to see how "powerful" priests were. A level 40 priest against my 35 warrior and he was not allowed to heal, it was nasty. :p
Ya see that is justs it. I like every one else complained that the warrior was way to weak when doing PVP. Yet you said you slaughtered the priest when he was not able to heal. Now this just screams the obvious that this game is not good for PVP and is almost purely a co-op game where you need each charater to complete the quest. That is why you are able to have up to 5 players per group. To me the PVP is useless.

Oh, while I was in Duskwood I was in a group and following at 59 gnome. Well I clicked on him and was about to click the "follow" option when I accidently clicked the duel option. Needless to say he stopped, turned around and said "WTF" he is a guild member btw and knew I accidently clicked duel. Any way a crowd gatherd as usual and I when to work SUNDER, HEROIC ATTACK, Rend, BATTLE SHOUT. Leveling damage left and right even click on blood rage and when psycho on his ankle high ass, all the while he was dancing and doing a jig. We keep laughing out arsses off and i had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Finally I got him down to with in a quarter of his health and he made two moves *SLICE* *SLICE* and it was over... on with the quest we went. :D What did I learn? Don't challeng a lvl 59 rogue when you are a lvl 25 warrior. BAHAHAAH! As if I had to go through that exercise to learn that .

s-flow
03-02-05, 06:51 PM
I have my toughts about getting this game but I donīt know if it is
anything I like, I have never played a mmorpg before!

I can tell my general gaming preferences and you tell me if itīs worth a go..

I liked Dungeon Siege and diablo much but LOTR: BFME on the edge to be
too complicated. I do not like management games much.

Vampire: Bloodlines I do like (dont care a lot for the caracter developing
though) but I NEED structured quests therefor Iīm not too fond of
Morrowind.

I love the Myst puzzles and worlds.

I enjoy every fps shooter a lot just as pure adventure games like
Gabriel Knight, Broken Sword, Runaway and Syberia.

So I *think* I want a big beautiful fantasy world to explore in my own pace
without to feel the urge to advance in levels and I donīt want to be stressed
by beeing forced into some fights. I would like some "puzzle" kind of quests
and decently mature gamers to populate this world.. and some easy caracter
building.
Looking at screenshots I like the WoW style a little bit better then the EQ2 style.

Now, will WoW be suitable for me to try.. or maybe EQ2 instead ??

vampireuk
03-03-05, 02:08 AM
If you liked dungeon siege and diablo then you will like WOW, it's fun and simple to play. I proposed to a guild member with a ham last night :rofl