PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Ninjaman09
10-12-05, 10:54 AM
I'm getting all kinds of graphical glitches besides the AA text thing...my XP progress bar shows up on top of the UI so it's this giant ugly gradient bar...to say nothing of various other weird things I've noticed. Ah well. Lag is better, fo 'sho.

UDawg
10-12-05, 01:14 PM
Using any form of Anti Aliasing causes the text in the game to get jarbeled up. PSX Emulators had this problem. Basically at makes using AA look nasty.
Ah I gotcha. ;) I wasn't blasting you. I seriously didn't know what you were saying. :D It was over my head. LOL

GlowStick
10-12-05, 01:29 PM
I'm getting all kinds of graphical glitches besides the AA text thing...my XP progress bar shows up on top of the UI so it's this giant ugly gradient bar...to say nothing of various other weird things I've noticed. Ah well. Lag is better, fo 'sho.
I get that too, but only happens after i disabled certin mods

Goth
11-09-05, 02:28 PM
Eazy mode Paladins Defind

http://ualuealueadin.ytmnd.com/

GlowStick
11-10-05, 01:36 PM
Woot gonna hit lvl 52 tonight. I hope i can get 60 before thanksgiving.

Vagrant Zero
11-10-05, 09:01 PM
The Adam West Batman version of that ytmnd is still the best.

GlowStick
11-23-05, 10:04 PM
<--- Lvl 60 war w/Arcanite Reaper

Vagrant Zero
11-23-05, 11:34 PM

Pwned bitch. They just nerfed your Enrage. Then again they nerfed the hell out my Paladin [honestly I was more powerful PRE 1.9 than I am now on Patch Test Servers].

Maybe we should meet at a Stormwind tavern and drink ourselves into a bloody stupor. Don't worry I'm a cleansebot, cleanse > hangover.

GlowStick
11-24-05, 11:11 AM
Yep, Blizzard is focusing on the most popular classes and has decided to make them stronger such as Shamen are getting buffs. See, they can out melee dps a warrior, out spell dps a mage, out silence a mage + preist, heal them self, and for Easy mode they can res them self, and res other players. However blizzard said thats not easy enough, they need to be buffed. Intorducieng the air totem for Extra Easy in dungeons.

jolle
12-08-05, 05:55 AM
So I guess I just can't play my gnome mage anymore. Every time I log in, every character around me is "Unknown Identity" and I can't even exit the game unless I alt-tab and right click> close.

**** this. I'm so sick of this **** happening. I'm cancelling this game after this month. I ahve better things to do spend money on every month than a game I can't even play.

Really old post, but I thought if anyone else run into this issue.
I did, and after some googling the fix was to change a setting in the NV Network driver.
"Checksum Offload" to "Disabled" took care of it.

Before that I:
Got disconnected after a few seconds in IronForge.
Got lagged out after handing in a quest, everytime..
Got alot of "Unknown Entity" messages on players and pets..

Vagrant Zero
12-08-05, 08:16 PM
Really old post, but I thought if anyone else run into this issue.
I did, and after some googling the fix was to change a setting in the NV Network driver.
"Checksum Offload" to "Disabled" took care of it.

Before that I:
Got disconnected after a few seconds in IronForge.
Got lagged out after handing in a quest, everytime..
Got alot of "Unknown Entity" messages on players and pets..

You'll still get rolling disconnects with an onboard Nvidia Lan. Go get a real pci network card, the performence difference will be astounding.

jolle
12-09-05, 04:41 PM
Nope, not gotten a single disconnect since I changed that.
What performance btw? raw bandwidth or CPU usage?
I think to reduce CPU usuage in any serious way you need to go up a few priceranges on Network cards... And Im not really having any problems with my integrated atm..

DaveChambers
12-21-05, 12:27 AM

Nice :) I have a 60 Priest with some prophecy and benediction, and a level 60 rogue with mostly high end blues

Ninjaman09
12-21-05, 09:48 AM
Halfway to having enough gold for my epic mount! woo!

UDawg
12-28-05, 03:19 PM
I finally got this http://www.thottbot.com/?i=51416 and a STUPID PALLY who was not in our guild was pissed because I as the MT was getting it. We were doing a GUILD RUN but had 3 spots open because of people being gone for christmas. The bloodlord dropped and everyone in the guild knew it was going to me. Anyway a pally said up on the sword and we said first off it is going to the guild mt and a pally is not going to roll on that period. He cried about it, then a guild pally asked him to justify the defence buffs on it for a pally. He said and I quote "I can equip it so I should be able to roll on it" To which I replied "I can equip devout shoulders so I am rolling on them the next time we do FF".

Serioiusly, what the hell is wrong with pallies? We went and did the bat boss so he could get a drop and we didn't have the bat boss on the hit list but we did it just to be nice. Hell most guild don't let you roll if you are a pick up. The guy still bad-mouthed us in IF. BFD

Redshirt #24
12-28-05, 03:26 PM
That's not a pally thing. That's an idiot thing. :) Moron would probably have just sold it anyway...I mean, hey, just because you can equip something doesn't always mean it's a good fit for you. And, at that level (assuming you guys were doing a ZG run), I'm surprised he didn't have a better weapon anyway.

(L54 pally, in open freakin' defiance!)

UDawg
12-28-05, 04:45 PM
No, idiots flock to the pally class. This is a stubborn fact. ;) Any way you can't sell it, It's BoP. Also there is only one 1h better then that one in the game http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35887. So the likelyhood of him having that is .07% of a drop from DM.

Trust me, it is a pally thing.

Redshirt #24
12-28-05, 05:04 PM
Hey, now. I said sell, not auction off. (xmastong)

As for the idiot thing...at least in my experience, I've seen idiots equally spaced across all classes with no real emphasis on one (except for a couple of warriors who insisted on charging headlong into instance mobs while the other party members were toking up on mana or health). These days I tend to see folks running far away from the Paladin class so they can roll Horde or hunters or warriors, just so they can lawnmower their way through things with impunity. (See the previous "in open defiance" line.)

UDawg
12-28-05, 05:33 PM
LOL!

Go to Penny Arcade and see what they have to say about WoW classes. Too funny.

Redshirt #24
12-28-05, 05:37 PM
Heh. P-A's ripped on WoW for a long time, though. :D

UDawg
12-28-05, 06:00 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/11/28

AHAHAH I love that one

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/02/16

UDawg
12-29-05, 03:14 PM
Bush doesn't care about pallies. :D

Roliath
01-23-06, 09:06 AM
pretty old, but is anyone on the KHAZ MODAN server?
I just started playing and would like some help from higher lvl guys..
Roliath is my name online

MrSavoy
01-23-06, 07:30 PM
Dalaran server here. 55 Druid. :)

Tr1cK
01-23-06, 11:01 PM
Dalaran server here. 55 Druid. :)
Woot, I LOVE my tauren feral druid!
And my tauren shaman isnt bad in the core either.