PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

raystone57
02-20-06, 12:27 PM
About the different moves, can you shoot while moving sideways in a fight or must you complete your sideways move and then shoot? I haven't played the game yet, just some GW right now and a past of FPS and adventure games. Not that it matters that much but heard about the variety of combat moves like rolling and strafing in WOW. So I thought I'd ask if you shoot at the end of those moves which I think it would be for a MMORPG, I just don't know the details of WOW in this regard.

Ninjaman09
02-24-06, 07:44 AM
No, idiots flock to the pally class. This is a stubborn fact. ;) Any way you can't sell it, It's BoP. Also there is only one 1h better then that one in the game http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35887. So the likelyhood of him having that is .07% of a drop from DM.
http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=19335

Spineshatter FTW nub! ;)

lIqUID
02-27-06, 04:18 PM
I finally got this http://www.thottbot.com/?i=51416 and a STUPID PALLY who was not in our guild was pissed because I as the MT was getting it.

I've seen that sword drop for my guild two times in the last month or so, as well as BOTH epic ZG mounts. That instance has been very kind to my guild indeed.

On a side note Im a paladin and take offense to the "idiots flock" comment. I have seen my fair share of idiot warriors, IE rolling on lightforge boots against a paladin, because they are plate with higher armor even though they are PALADIN set gear. I do agree though that pally was a bit of an idiot.

Tyr-Sog
02-28-06, 07:23 AM
People still playing? lol

I basically go through spurts. PLay hard for a week then get bored and maybe play for a few hours here and there for a couple of weeks. My account is actually up on the 03/01. Debating on renewing.

Thing is I finally settled on my 60 rogue on the rp/pvp server laughinghoof. I've yet to join a guild with him and have him in all blues, epic mount and doing great in faction rep. I baically just wanted to use him for world pvp(since bg gets boring in about 20 minutes) but now with everyone starting to run the higher instances and getting epics he's starting to lag behind(especially weapons).

So I've been running instances when I can, not easy being a dime a dozen rogue and really not easy being unguilded. People assume right away you're a farmer lol. I actually ran 3 instances sunday(most i ever did in a row). Couple of the guys on the 5 man were in the same guild and in a to do well guild who really enjoyed the way I played. Asked me to join and to check out their website first. So I did, very well put togther site. Checked out their roster and they have about 14 lvl 60's, not 1 rogue(lvl 52 is their highest rogue) which for instance would work really well for me and gear, being no competition and senority. Anyways I may join if I renwe my account.

It's just so easy to get bored of this game and if it wasn't for this community actually still pulling off 100 vs 100 plus raids at tm(amongst other areas) and ss often, I'm not sure I'd have any interest. World PVP is my only interest. I really wish they'ed release a server with a seperate reward system for world pvp or just have a serverwhich doesnt have bg's at all. Not to mention what BG's has done to the server AH pricing with stupid twinking. Lvl 20 blue items going fo 100g lmao.

Also a huge bummer is with the expansion. I mean wtf, won't be out until near chrismas? SOE is rolling out x-packs ever 2 months. Whats up with that? Surly with the claimed 4 million subscribes paying $15/month that should easily allow them the resources to get this thing done. Then again they struggle on reviewing and fixing a class. What is there, 3 people working there? lol

lIqUID
02-28-06, 04:19 PM
um the expansion will be out by summer.

UDawg
03-02-06, 05:51 PM
I've seen that sword drop for my guild two times in the last month or so, as well as BOTH epic ZG mounts. That instance has been very kind to my guild indeed.

On a side note Im a paladin and take offense to the "idiots flock" comment. I have seen my fair share of idiot warriors, IE rolling on lightforge boots against a paladin, because they are plate with higher armor even though they are PALADIN set gear. I do agree though that pally was a bit of an idiot.
You should be offended. :D I cannot stand the Paladin classs as a whole.

WRT to warriors wanting LF. LMAO! They need to stop playing the game. No good tank would be caught dead with LF on them. They must be pallies playing on their warrior alt. BAHAHAH!!!1

I have won LF on greed rolls and I always have it broken before I will touch it. The only LF that has touched my bags were BoE and I gots money fer then on the AH.

GlowStick
03-15-06, 09:54 PM
Woot, im now 5 peices of might (includieng BP!!!)

udawg what gear and spec is your war?

yjipaladin
03-16-06, 02:56 AM
There are no new lands in WoW just yet, and the enchanting is worth it. The blue glow (+3, 5, 7 or 9 dmg for two handers, +1, 2, 4 for one handers) gives you an extra 20 damage for a +5 on a 2 hander, red is slaying, be it beast or demon. Depending on the strength of the slaying enchant, you can do extra damage to beasts (bears, tigers, wolves, spiders, things like that) and extra damage to demons (grells, grelkins, satyrs, demons, felbeasts, things like that) if you plan on upgrading your weapon not long after you get it, don't worry about getting it enchanted. If you are planning on keeping it for at least 6 or 7 levels, getting it enchanted it most definately worth it. I'd reccommend the +5 enchant, because it does extra damage to everything you fight, and it's cheap (about 3g to about 5g. price varies with enchanter). A tip for all the newbies out there, if you are sick of getting killed stamina is the stuff to go for. Stamina converts into extra Hit Points. +10 stamina is an extra 100 HP.
Do you need gold?i find a good site.www.igametc.com.i bought 3000g from there only use $180.

vampireuk
03-16-06, 10:33 AM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2005/20050216h.jpg

lIqUID
03-17-06, 08:48 AM
Do you need gold?i find a good site.www.igametc.com.i bought 3000g from there only use $180.

yea that wont get your ass banned or anything......sell your crap elsewhere please.

Ninjaman09
03-20-06, 09:43 AM
I have 4 wrath and 5 might now, along with a Drillborer Disk, Quel'Serrar, Heavy Dark Iron Ring, and various other delicious items. We're working on the Drakes in BWL at the moment and should have them dead by the week's end.

superklye
03-20-06, 10:22 AM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2005/20050216h.jpg
Fantastic.

And people that pay real money for in-game gold have small penises.

UDawg
03-27-06, 07:46 PM
I quite this game a couple of weeks ago. I deleted all my toons. W00t I'M FREE!

UDawg
03-27-06, 07:50 PM
Woot, im now 5 peices of might (includieng BP!!!)

udawg what gear and spec is your war?
My warrior used to be a protection warrior before I deleted him. He had all + defence gear and some MC FR gear. I was in a small guild most of my time in WoW so I never got any might pieces.

OldOfEvil
03-28-06, 01:32 AM
Why did you delete yer War Udawg, just grew bored of the game?

WeReWoLf
03-28-06, 04:45 AM
Lol i'm still playing hard. Nice reply with the PA pic there vamp.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?104398

That's my character link, it may be a little outdated, but only by a day or two. As you can guess, i'm DPS warrior that only does a little bit of tanking. In reply to "idiots flock to pally", i'd have to agree, although there are quite a few pallies out there that actually have an idea of what they are doing. My flatmate has a DPS pally that does 1800 white damage crits.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?96441

Yes, Windrunner is progressing through the PvE rather quickly. I'd much rather upgrade a few pieces of my armour and weaponry pretty soonish, although work doesn't really allow for it. Damn being an aussie in an american guild :(

Ninjaman09
03-28-06, 10:11 AM
Just got my Might BP on Sunday so I'm 5/8 Wrath 3/8 Might (though I have a total of 6 Might pieces) at the moment. My guild is on Chromaggus in BWL. I couldn't be more into the game! Back into BWL tonight, hope the patch doesn't screw everyone's UIs to hell.

GlowStick
03-28-06, 03:12 PM
Woot

Nice, Im 6/8 of Might, going for my full set, as soon as Legs and Sholders drop ill be full : )

Got my onyxia head, need a ubah sheild from Drac Defelctor hehe

UDawg
03-28-06, 03:16 PM
Why did you delete yer War Udawg, just grew bored of the game?
I spent way to much time playing the game. At the same time my warrior was guildless and it is impossible to get into a guild then get into the raids with the DKP others have built up. I have been a 60 warrior since march 2005 with tons of experience in tanking. You have people with alt warriors passing me up because they are in mega guilds. Even main warriors with half my skill running around in might gear. I got frustrated so I started a horde tauren hunter. I parked him at lvl 49 to do BGs but that got old. Basically if you are not in a mega guild you can't go any where wrt end content and the game becomes boring. I'll be damned if I start another alt. Although I did start a warrior on a pvp server but that was stupid. I spent 99% of my time in contested teritories running back to my DEAD BODY because a 60 horde rogue ganks the hell out of every one. They cannot take on other 60s so they run around ganking lvl 18s. They run in and one shot 10 people and then taunt you. As if this is a massive achievement. It isn't even fun. Every time they ran across ANY lvl 60 alliance they were killed with in a few seconds. Pathetic.

Yea, basically the game is boring. Oblivion is where its at. It has better graphics, better game play and NO GANKING!

GlowStick
03-28-06, 03:23 PM
Rouge ganking is retarded, for that reason I personaly kill any rouge I see regardless of level. However i do leave non noob classes (warriors) alone unless they attack me first.

But you are right, getting in a guild as a warrior is hard because the class is overplayed by bad people. You have to honeslty start your own guild if you ever want to be a MT for MC/BWL etc.

UDawg
03-28-06, 04:08 PM
Rouge ganking is retarded, for that reason I personaly kill any rouge I see regardless of level. However i do leave non noob classes (warriors) alone unless they attack me first.

But you are right, getting in a guild as a warrior is hard because the class is overplayed by bad people. You have to honeslty start your own guild if you ever want to be a MT for MC/BWL etc.
I also made the mistake of getting on a east coast server. I could NEVER make 90% of the raids because I was at work.

I Remember when NO ONE was a warrior because they were broke. Then they fixed the warrior to a nice class and every one was a warrior, over populated actually.

Phyre
03-28-06, 04:20 PM
If there is anything I cannot stand it is a lvl 60 ganking a low level character. I just do not do it. That being said, I are rogue!1! Here is my little beer guzzler.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?1062602

Phyre

vampireuk
04-04-06, 02:49 AM
I also made the mistake of getting on a east coast server. I could NEVER make 90% of the raids because I was at work.

I Remember when NO ONE was a warrior because they were broke. Then they fixed the warrior to a nice class and every one was a warrior, over populated actually.

I remember levelling my warrior, it took so much hard work before the first patch to sort out rage issues. Luckily on my server I was one of the first groups of level 60s, and a kickass warrior who could play my role so I got craploads of instances and outdoor bosses. Then I got tired and destroyed Quel and made people cry. :p

six_storm
04-08-06, 11:33 PM
Well, I finally broke down and bought WoW. I've only got to play it a little bit since the tornado blew through town and knocked my internet and power out. Anyways, it's been a blast so far and can't wait to play some more. I started out with a Human Rogue and I thought sneaking around would be cool. After learning more about the game, I prolly didn't make the best decisions and got tired of a wussy little dagger all the time so I started over with a Paladian. The sledgehammer is a bit weird but it's fun. One thing I don't like about the Paladian is that he/she is all about healing other people. No special attacks! Anyways, I have a Lvl 7 Rogue and Lvl 5 Paladian online under "sixstorm" on Duskwood realm. Look around for me, I'm a stupid noob that doesn't know any better!!! :D

Ninjaman09
04-10-06, 10:17 AM
Paladins are a hybrid class so expect to be able to do several things and excel at none. You'll get plenty of attacks though, just level up a bit first...heh heh.