PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

slick
05-22-06, 03:19 PM
Technically speaking yes, only if your group was setup over there though. The way that he has that picture drawn, they are gonna blow the MT up if they try to go that direction.

vampireuk
05-22-06, 03:35 PM
Not really, the image is very small still, the casters are up on the small incline with the MT in the middle, any bombs would get to the edge safely and not dmg the MT.

UDawg
05-22-06, 03:46 PM
Uhhhhh, that looks like a good way to get your MT killed... :D
The only way you get your MT killed is if the bomb runs past him. It is up to the melee to path to safety. This is a simple way to kill him. There are many ways to do it, this is just one.

UDawg
05-22-06, 04:01 PM
Technically speaking yes, only if your group was setup over there though. The way that he has that picture drawn, they are gonna blow the MT up if they try to go that direction.
The reason why I showed a variety of different directions is because the tank's position will change. The melee has to get on the other side of the tank. This is the beauty of this set up.

Ninjaman09
05-23-06, 09:13 AM
We just stand in a circle around him and the bombs run in the opposite direction of their groups.

WeReWoLf
05-24-06, 03:14 PM
turn around and run to the wall. if you're lucky and get to the wall before you blow up, you will only go about 4 feet into the air before hitting the roof

nVidi0t
05-31-06, 02:37 AM
We usually use a slightly different tactic to the one in the picture. The entire raid stand on the rune minus the MT. Bombs run past the raid toward the lower roof.

lIqUID
06-08-06, 11:01 PM
I know its not a huge deal to many, but our fairly new guild now has all of BWL on farm (9 weeks in) after killing Nef on only our 2nd real attempt. We have also started clearing AQ40 now, and should progress fairly rapidly through it as well.

Roliath
06-09-06, 12:01 AM
I know its not a huge deal to many, but our fairly new guild now has all of BWL on farm (9 weeks in) after killing Nef on only our 2nd real attempt. We have also started clearing AQ40 now, and should progress fairly rapidly through it as well.
Thats great news!
Tonight we got our first Ragnaros kill, after only being in MC for about a month.
Azuregos, Kazzak, and Onyxia go down with ease.

Ninjaman09
06-16-06, 12:40 PM
My guild now has BWL on farm as well, we just took Nefarian down last night (with only 2 people dead to boot!)

It was quite a joyous occasion, although I didn't get the last piece of my Wrath set...bastard dropped Judgement and Bloodfang instead. Ah well, I shall bide my time...and wait...it's only a matter of time now! :D

lIqUID
06-16-06, 10:03 PM
Nef is now cake for us, no flasking and only a couple deaths last night. This run was all druid with double Stormrage, the 1h healer mace and a ring. Now all we need is MORE PALADIN LOOT!

WeReWoLf
06-21-06, 05:02 PM
We now have C'thun on farm status, and are venturing into the depths of Naxxramas.

slick
06-21-06, 09:41 PM
Damn, C'thun on farm is nice. GL in Naxx =P

kazna
06-26-06, 11:25 AM
My guild downed Vaelastrasz for the first time last thursday. We got a small taste of the first suppression room and called it a night. Looking forward to downing the Broodlord this thursday!

Getting world bosses is tough on my server (shadowsong) as there are two guilds who camp them 24/7.

Ninjaman09
06-26-06, 11:28 AM
Naxx is awesome. Trash pulls are easy. Bosses are incredibly hard.

WeReWoLf
07-07-06, 07:03 PM
We now have Razuvious and Anub'Rekhan on farm status, but seeing as i haven't been on in a week, i'm not sure if we've killed any more yet.

nVidi0t
07-07-06, 08:31 PM
Just starting Naxx now, once everyone gets attuned.. =/

Roliath
07-07-06, 08:37 PM
We now have Razuvious and Anub'Rekhan on farm status, but seeing as i haven't been on in a week, i'm not sure if we've killed any more yet.
Dude, tell me about it..we're just in bwl (vael) and i've been out the game for about a week (lots of real life stuff going on) and i'm not too sure on our progress on that fight.

Once things settle down, i'll get back into gearing my pally

Phyre
07-11-06, 10:09 AM
We're in Naxx and have taken down Anub, the Instructor, and Noth. Patchwerk is evil, pure evil!!! We were working on him for the first time, when the server crashed and issued a soft reset to the instance. Needless to say, it was fun watching everone connect and all the trash respawn just obliterating people one by one.

Oh, and the rogue review just sucks!!!!

Here's my Allakhazam profile.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?1062602

Phyre

Sidric
07-22-06, 09:49 PM
Well after a long hiatus I've reactivated my account. I'm not gonna be raiding like I was before. I really only want to play the game and enjoy it. I will, however, see if I can work on my PvP rank some so I can get some of those new hot PvP items.

K007
07-22-06, 11:06 PM
Well after a long hiatus I've reactivated my account. I'm not gonna be raiding like I was before. I really only want to play the game and enjoy it. I will, however, see if I can work on my PvP rank some so I can get some of those new hot PvP items.

Well..you must really like the grind then. On blackrock to get Rank 14 was a headache..I spend 20-24 hours a day / 7 days a week grinding day after day doing the same bgs over and over getting in the top and i did it through pugs..the queues on horde side on that server are really long 20-24 mins a game..alliance get instant and alliance can get max players into a game as a group faster than 1 horde getting into a game on there own.

After i did get Rank 14..i quit the game..broke the discs threw it in the trash..and god dam i wish i did it along time ago before WoW destroyed my life...i am now slowly rebuilding my life..and wow..sunlight ftw(pirate)

Whats sad was the fact that Blizzard wanted people to maintain Rank 14..this is next to impossible and to ask to maintain is a ****ing joke. I remember alot of ex-Rank 14 casters who were very upset about the changes because they cauld not get the new (yet needed) caster rank 14 pvp loot. For me..i got Rank 13 on my Warlock and then said..**** this..the staff blows and quickly made a Warrior and grinded him to Rank 14..best thing i eva did..if i did get rank 14 on my warlock and waited for the lack of caster loot @ rank 14..i would be pissed even more atm..

But hey..your grave..its an addiction..i hope you dont get addicted to the grind.

CaptNKILL
07-22-06, 11:53 PM
A friend gave me his 10 day trial code for this and has coaxed me into playing it. He got his girlfriend totaly addicted to it as well. She has a higher level character than he does. :lol:

Im a level 7 Dwarf Hunter right now...

I never was much of an MMORPG person, so it didnt surprise me that this felt pretty much the same as everything else. It seems like it probably has a lot to offer, but I just dont have the patience for stuff like this. The combat is pretty boring (again, this coming from someone who doesnt normally like this kind of thing anyway) and overall it just feels like a pretty standard RPG except there are other players running around at the same time.

It probably helps to get into big groups (which I plan on trying shortly) but so far the game hasnt really... uhhh... "WOWed" me... (pun intended :p)

I'll keep cracking at it... I've still got a week or so left of the trial. But I probably wont be plunking down my $$$ monthly for this one. I did it with UO and I ended up paying for a few months and not really playing that much.

Im also pretty disapointed with the graphics. It looks "neat" but for being only a year old, the overall quality of the graphics is pretty shoddy. Really simplistic retexturing for different items and characters, mostly blurry textures, very "pointy" models and objects.

It runs really well though, so I guess it evens out a bit.

I did have some really irritating freezing a couple nights ago though. In ironforge the game froze my entire system up (with the music still playing though) twice, requiring me to hit the reset button both times. I made sure it wasnt my system (ran 3 instances of rthdribl and one instance of prime95 at the same time for 20 minutes while browsing the web without a single hiccup) so I have no idea what caused 2 total freezes like that. It ran fine tonight though.

I just thought Id post my input on the game since this is the first MMORPG I've played in over a year.

K007
07-23-06, 12:46 AM
I have 4 l60 toons, 1 rank 13 the others 10 and 1x14. One thing i like about in this game is pvp..its pretty fast action..there is some 'imbalance' here and there..like..zomg pummel miss on priest..starts healing like a biatch :/..though once i got my rank 14 axe and 37% crit..people usually run away before i can get to them :(...

The only thing in this game is the PvP is just..well..kinda gets boring after awhile..the fact that they ask you to maintain the ranks is really stupid..when it gets into the rank 12+..it becomes your job..no life no sunlight nothing..i got really sick playing this game but i knew the only way to get this **** out of my head was to complete the grind..went on days without sleep grinding day in day out...

The PVE is rather..easy provided your guild is a good guild..and do the grinding on the rep items with resistance..get your MT with lots of resistance/etc..

But the comparision between pvp and pve is rather dull..it seems the pvp side is balanced by the same pve nubs who do the pve content...i mean come on..how the **** is grinding 20-24/7 3-4 months NONSTOP be really a fun game? The addiction kicks in though..

1-60 was fun for the first character for me..from there onwards my next characters were pretty much grinding..killing the same mobs over and over and cycle them..and do the x/x quests arround the same area..

The news of the cross classes is gonna change alot of things in both pvp and pve..having both shamans and pallys on one side is gonna make a massive impact in the game...

I have no plans to go back to WoW..not unless they make pvp a less of a grind..atleast make the decay go away so we can sleep normal hours and get some time off..if you miss 1 day of the week..you cauld pretty much fall back an entire week..and you end up spending 2 weeks to do a 1 week job.. and that happend to me twice..1 was when the cable ****ed up and i lost 2 days of pvp which resulted in my falling back in the grind..and at high ranks its gg..the other was i over slept one 2 days...and alot of people acc shared/grinded..which was also ****ing lame..

Btw this is my first MMO next to GW.

lognoronon
07-23-06, 12:47 AM
I'm not saying pro or con about the graphics but....They want as high of a player base as they can get and that means something that runs on a lower end system. Of course that high player base comes at a cost of lag. Despite all the money that they are taking in they still refuse to do what is needed to help alleviate the lag which I find repulsive.

K007
07-23-06, 01:54 AM
The graphics in WoW fit the game. Its fine.