PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Sidric
07-23-06, 06:36 PM
Well..you must really like the grind then. On blackrock to get Rank 14 was a headache..I spend 20-24 hours a day / 7 days a week grinding day after day doing the same bgs over and over getting in the top and i did it through pugs..the queues on horde side on that server are really long 20-24 mins a game..alliance get instant and alliance can get max players into a game as a group faster than 1 horde getting into a game on there own.

After i did get Rank 14..i quit the game..broke the discs threw it in the trash..and god dam i wish i did it along time ago before WoW destroyed my life...i am now slowly rebuilding my life..and wow..sunlight ftw(pirate)

Whats sad was the fact that Blizzard wanted people to maintain Rank 14..this is next to impossible and to ask to maintain is a ****ing joke. I remember alot of ex-Rank 14 casters who were very upset about the changes because they cauld not get the new (yet needed) caster rank 14 pvp loot. For me..i got Rank 13 on my Warlock and then said..**** this..the staff blows and quickly made a Warrior and grinded him to Rank 14..best thing i eva did..if i did get rank 14 on my warlock and waited for the lack of caster loot @ rank 14..i would be pissed even more atm..

But hey..your grave..its an addiction..i hope you dont get addicted to the grind.

I by no means meant that I wanted to hit rank 14. I was thinking more along the lines of Champion, or perhaps Lieutenant General. Before I quit, I was primarily pve and raided with a large guild. We did MC, BWL, AQ, everything but after some squabbles with guild leaders it broke up. Right about then I realized how much fun I WASN'T having. So after not playing for a few weeks, I canceled my account and never looked back. Three months later, I'm watching my friend play his priest. I guess after watching him, no matter how much I dislike the game, I still missed it. So I reactivated my account. I will still raid, but not to the level that I did before. I won't let it run my life, and that goes the same for pvping. I'll do it enough to have fun, maybe get some loot, and that'll be that.

K007
07-24-06, 04:40 AM
I by no means meant that I wanted to hit rank 14. I was thinking more along the lines of Champion, or perhaps Lieutenant General. Before I quit, I was primarily pve and raided with a large guild. We did MC, BWL, AQ, everything but after some squabbles with guild leaders it broke up. Right about then I realized how much fun I WASN'T having. So after not playing for a few weeks, I canceled my account and never looked back. Three months later, I'm watching my friend play his priest. I guess after watching him, no matter how much I dislike the game, I still missed it. So I reactivated my account. I will still raid, but not to the level that I did before. I won't let it run my life, and that goes the same for pvping. I'll do it enough to have fun, maybe get some loot, and that'll be that.

Just some facts in the past what the PVE nubs at blizzard did to the PVP System.

First they removed the way you can buy items for PvP Related..they made it so that only the "Current Rank" can have the restriction..your "Highest Rank" was removed. (Note..it was REMOVED)

Second. The recent patch made alot of casual players...really angry..they made the Tier 1 PVP Set a new set (added stats/etc..you know..needed stuff..like omg..pve gear > pvp..in PvP..like wtf?) so they changed this and made them pretty good for pvp...but what did they do? They made it a new armor set..and made ex-rank 10's to repurchase them.. Rank 12-13 item (AKA Tier 2 PVP) was updated alot..i was happy to see the big changes..big big changes for warrior..massive stat boost/etc..for pvp..but they made em 'retroactive'...ie..armor updated on the fly... Much like the past changes they made to the PVE Items...(note..CHANGES/Stat CHANGES..not new items)

Third New Rank 14 items..i was unaffected by the new change as a warrior i brought everything..and even pvped with the HWL Staff =)(nana2). But..the Ex- Rank 14 CASTERS..got screwed big time over..alot of the new items were items that SHOULD have been there in the first place SINCE day 1. I mean..come on..even the pve carebears gotta agree with this..it was completely lame by Blizzard to do this..

So keep these in mind when you decide to get hooked onto the pvp grind..if this is how Blizzard plans to treat hardcore pvpers who put 20-24 hours a day grinding day in day out..and just spit on there face and ask them to re-grind...worst..MAINTAIN RANK 14?..That was the final stroke for me..I was Rank 14 awhile..maybe 2-3 weeks before the new patch went live on the servers..for me the changes had little effect as i was a warrior..but this is how the future will be..this is how Blizzard treats the hardcore PvP Grinders...it is simply not worth the time/effort put in.

Just Remember..these changes were needed..thats why the T2 Armor for PVP Was recroactive(sp?) because it was very weak even against those pve sets.. When changes were made to PvE items..they were changed the moment u relogged in..you didn't have to regrind the items..this is what happend to the Tier 1 Set for PvP..you have to regrind them.

Ontop of the cruel pvp decay on the honor...how can Blizzard ask hardcore pvpers to pvp 20-24 hours a day for eva....I Was actually grinding a Warlock to Rank 14 and was hoping to see when Blizzard finally got of there god dam asses and gave casters items that was lacking soo much for pvp..the hwl staff blows compare that to the AB Staff..u give up a small stat / dmg for a 2% crit..consider the stat loss vs the time needed to spend to get to Rank 14..i think the Iron Bark comes out on top..just like how the 7900GT is the best bang for buck card..=).

I mean come on..i spend like 3-4 months doing 1 warrior..ontop fo that 2-3 months on my warlock..and over 4 months on my first warlock(different server)..i was glad/dissapointed at the same time of 1.12...i was glad because i made the warrior my maint target for Rank 14..i was Rank 13 on my lock..i would have been heart brocken when this patch came out if i was a ex-rank 14 caster...very sad of blizzard to do this..and thats when i just ****ing took my discs..broke it in half and threw it in the bin.Dont have the game installed dont want it..but i do follow the story as i hope that expantion might make pvp..FUN/Skill vs Grind/Gear..**** the gear..just cut the grind requrement...

IT is not till you hit rank 12+ you realise how hard the decay hits you..its brutal.

You prey each week that your pc dosen't crash and you miss an ab or wsg..(20-30 mins on horde the queue)..ganking in BRM/All over was what alot of horde did..aa the alliance..they move in 40 when they come into BRM ><.....but you prey no crash..your cable dosen't die..(mine did..and i had to pvp 2 weeks more to recover the loss...of 1 ****ING day? I mean WTF?!?!)

Wtf is the pvp design team at blizzard smoking? I Bet you everything i have that Blizzrad dosen't have a single ****ing Rank 14 player or even a Rank 12+ that did the grind on there own..on a good server..i bet you that they dont..only Rank 14 people in the Blizzard team are those with access to admin rights to make items appear on there bags /etc..i mean hello..they had to cheat on the "take on the blizzard pvp team"...

I am back to good old FPS and good nights sleep/work/life :). The day i broke the discs was the day i broke free from this game..1.12 = the patch that broke me from WoW :)..just like 1.10 did for D2...now all i say is.."OMFG..WTFBBQ Headshot?!"..lol

Just for the love of god those who are looking at the pvp system..dont get hooked onto it..stay away from it..it is very addictive..the grind gets you very easily...it is like a drug..and trust me..it aint worth it..not after what blizzard did..atleast wait till they fix the system..thats what..alot of people have been waiting for..the real fix to the honor system and the ranks..

Sidric
07-24-06, 05:38 AM
K007, I appreciate the warnings and the horror stories but I've heard them all before. I'm not going to bust my ass doing this, its merely going to be a small side activity. From my past experience I've learned to exercise some self-control, so I will not "fall into the grind" as you put it. Thanks for the advice anyway though. :D

On a side note, I just read that in 1.12 they are throwing in some dope shard changes for warlocks. Namely, if you die before your pet does you RECIEVE a shard as well as being refunded of a shard when you get on a windrider/gryphon with a pet out. It seems I've chosen the right time to come back, hehe.

K007
07-24-06, 08:09 AM
ack..shards and warlocks..i got used to the no shard rule for my pvp lock...instead..i was hardcore into destruction :P like drakedog...his last video was painfull to watch..

as for the pvp grind..gl..it goes from 4-5 hours a day..10-14 hours a day..20-24 hours a day..

lognoronon
07-24-06, 11:06 AM
I still don't understand how people can play that much. How do you pay the bills with no job that you obviously don't have playing that much. It baffles me to this day.

Sidric
07-24-06, 09:12 PM
Well it may come as a shock, but I don't play nearly as much as one may think. I put in maybe 2 to 3 hrs a day, sometimes more if I have the day off and oh thats right, I DO HAVE A JOB. As I will reiterate one more time, I play this game for fun. If I get some cool loot in the process, thats icing on the cake. But it is by no means necessary.

lognoronon
07-24-06, 09:30 PM
It was not directed at anyone here in particular but it seems like the hours required for geting the highest rank basicaly require you too forgo your entire life for WOW. It's impossible to have a job and get the top ranks unless you have multiple people playing the same account. It was just an observation more than anything not really judging anyone although by my comments you can figure out how I feel about it. I think it sucks that blizzard would require this much for someone to reach that rank because they are basicaly saying we want you to completely ruin your life to make that rank.

K007
07-25-06, 04:12 AM
I still don't understand how people can play that much. How do you pay the bills with no job that you obviously don't have playing that much. It baffles me to this day.

I had a job/life/friends..then WoW came...and now i got my life/job/friends back (nana2)..sadly lost 1 year of my life to WoW..i was addicted to it so much :(..

Ninjaman09
07-25-06, 02:14 PM
I think I've hit burnout. We're progressing in Naxx but I just don't care anymore and I find myself praying for each raid to end and wishing I was doing other things. It just sucks because I'm the guild's MT and Warrior class leader so I feel obligated to keep raiding. We are unfortunately short on decent warriors at the moment.

Sidric
07-27-06, 11:45 PM
Burnout really sucks, I should know. I hit it a couple times earlier this year, except only it wasn't because the content was getting stale(well, maybe it was . . .) but because as a guild we were not progressing. We had this huge guild merger from 3 or 4 of the largest guilds on the server, and we can't even get past the first boss in BWL? Are you kidding? Too much drama and people being selfish, so eventually I canceled my account because I didn't see myself having fun with the game anymore.

Months later, and believe it or not my interest has been invigorated. I try to shy away from the raids but I absolutely LOVE to PvP. One thing in the whole game that doesn't instantly put me to sleep, and it actually takes some skill heh.

A break from the game is definitely a good idea if you ever get burnt out. Go out with friends, play some other games(gasp!), get some exercise. All good things.

Roliath
07-27-06, 11:51 PM
i feel you! But I burnt out due to school, too much outside stuff going on right now. But once my classes calm down in bout 6 weeks, i'm hitting it hard!

WeReWoLf
07-30-06, 02:03 AM
Razuvious, Anub, Maexxena, Noth, Widow all dead, now working on patchwork.

UDawg
08-09-06, 04:50 PM
I hate raiding. BGs are where its at. I have a 29 priest with 1500hp and 3k mana. His name is Snots and alliance hates him and I like it that way. I also have a 29 rogue named Defjam. He has 24.22% chance to crit.

I hope to see you guys in cross server BGs. Get ur self a twink and meet me on the battlefield. The 20s are a great bracket.

lognoronon
08-11-06, 09:33 PM
Don't know if anyone has seen this yet but some info I had not seen before.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3152830

Tyr-Sog
08-12-06, 12:56 AM
Additionally, Paladins and Shaman can finally be designed the way they were intended. "The core reason for us to share the Paladin and Shaman across the faction is so that we can differentiate them more. The way it stands right now, in the live game it's very difficult for us to do one thing with one class without doing something very similar to the other class. If the Paladin needs to get better tanking abilities then we need to do similar things with the Shaman. Or if we add more DPS to the Shaman we have to do similar things to the Paladin," Chilton says.

In other words, we're to fuking lazy and decided to rehash so old classes and call them new for each side. lame.

WeReWoLf
08-14-06, 04:28 AM
patchwerk, grobbulus, thaddius and gluth dead.

PaiN
08-20-06, 03:54 PM
looking for players....
I've been palying WoW since it came out, its been a long grind with 6mo off, I got sick of playing my main without a good guild, I basicly soloed the game for a year//// Some friends got me started back up this summer and I'm totally "rehooked" ;) I farted around on different severs and with my main but I finally got going on my friends advice to start new on thier server and work up.
I'm looking to workup to meet my high lvl buds with a good group of core players and maybe guild together for endgame. The guys I'm working up to meet are great peeps and players. If you're interested shoot a PM or meet me in game, I'm on most nights. I'm willing to help any lowbie and will be starting a new alt soon.
srv: Shadow Moon -PvP
chr: Gangley lvl26 Troll Hunter <Horde>

Son Goku
08-22-06, 06:08 AM
Funny in a way seeing how much further everyone have gotten, but used to it given I'm in a guild with a fair number of people lvl 40+ and 50+. Then again, having peeps who know the quests before I face them helps, even if we're not yet ready to play together...

Right now, I've got 5 chars, though the now lvl 22 paly is the one I've been playing most of late. He's also got 161 blacksmithing and 149 or so mining as professions, and in some cases had purchased through auction house recipees for his mid lvl 20s gear...

Got him to Auberdine last week, where I started doing some of the Elf quests also, as well; I'm thinking of getting a tiger for a pet for him latter on :D Must needs build up rep with the night elfs for that, as I understand it...

Only thing is, I need to get on with finishing the lvl 20 paly quest somewhere along the line, which starts in dead mines (from this point), and ends with getting the kor gem, for which I was offered the quest in Auberdine... Also got the rest of the defias brotherhood quest (also in deadmines) in Westfalls, which I've been waiting on. One really does need several people to go after those, being dungeons, with I gather higher lvl monsters in it, to complete the class quest...

Sidric
09-28-06, 12:18 AM
Well I dunno if any of you have heard of the news regarding PvP in the expansion, but they are completely doing away with the honor system. No ranks, no more honor decay, none of that bs.

The highlight as far as pvp is concerned will be the new Arena-style pvp battlegrounds. What you do is, come level 70 you form a team specifically for competition in this arena. This team functions exactly as a guild, except that it is more in line for pvp. There will be different brackets, such as 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5(not sure how high it will go). There is even talk about having leagues and seasons, much like real life sports and such. I honestly can't wait for this feature more than anything out of the expac.

Oh, and did I mention REAL world pvp? There will be specific towns in Outland which start out neutral, but can be captured by either faction. Once this town is fully captured, that faction is free to use its vendors, get quests and items, repair, etc. However, the opposing faction can and will take this town, using their own NPCs and even ARTILLERY :D . So finally they are putting the war back into Warcraft. I can't wait. :firedevil

|MaguS|
10-05-06, 10:08 PM
Well the recent Southpark Episode got me interested in WOW again... Time to reroll!

Son Goku
10-07-06, 04:53 PM
I could almost see the whole PvP system being revamped; if there is any truth in the allowing of cross faction mounts... I don't know that there's any truth to this, so won't comment much. But now the complete hinderance is that alliance and horde are permently set to hated for each other; and to get a non-racial mount one needs exalted with the race.

This is also no small task, even without impossibility being involved, especially such as with a human getting a Wintersaber (I think it is), where one needs exalted with both Darnasus for saber riding ability, and with the trainers for elite cat out of that zone, (not to mention getting to that zone, when the Timbermaws are initially hostile to one)...

If they will allow that though, it would be well different to see an elf (well true blood elves will be introduced) ride a wolf, or an orc ride a saber :lol2:

nVidi0t
10-14-06, 10:49 PM
Anyone else playing Burning Crusade? Got my trial key this evening :D

Tyr-Sog
10-16-06, 06:22 AM
Nope, gave wow up many moons ago :D

K007
10-16-06, 08:29 AM
sif get into closed beta testing :/...

Son Goku
10-16-06, 04:31 PM
Hadn't signed up for the closed beta previously (at least in Diablo II days, it was based on peeps signing up, and they did a drawing); as I've been quite busy getting through the orignal game. Just got it recently.

I've got some guys on Aman'Thul (alliance), and Gnomeragan (horde), if someone's on one of those servers and wants to play. On Aman'Thul, my highest is now a lvl 50, and well on Gnomeragan, they're in the teens...