PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

OldOfEvil
10-16-06, 07:08 PM
To have anyone that has the beta, have their been any overall improvments in graphics?

Blacklash
10-20-06, 01:35 AM
Yar yar hump hump! Don't run Lass.

Tyr-Sog
11-02-06, 07:12 AM
From EB website:

Please note Blizzard has announced a January launch timeframe for this title, but they have not specified a launch day. January 23rd is an estimate only and is not an official date from the manufacturer. We will update with an official launch date as soon as one is specified.

Heh, sucks for those who are still playing. I doubt it will even be out 1stQ 07'.

lognoronon
11-02-06, 11:50 AM
That's just sad. I think blizzard still thinks it's dealing with an offline game and they can take forever to realease an expansion and have people happy. They need to get their collective asses in gear and get the next expansion out by the end of 07 or early 08 at the latest.

Ninjaman09
11-02-06, 12:40 PM
That's just sad. I think blizzard still thinks it's dealing with an offline game and they can take forever to realease an expansion and have people happy. They need to get their collective asses in gear and get the next expansion out by the end of 07 or early 08 at the latest.
Keep in mind that much of the free added content that has been introduced would constitute an expansion pack for most other MMORPGs (Ahn'Qiraj, Naxxrammas, Battlegrounds, etc). The Burning Crusade is a complete overhaul of the game. New content is added to the game regularly.

UDawg
11-02-06, 03:06 PM
Keep in mind that much of the free added content that has been introduced would constitute an expansion pack for most other MMORPGs (Ahn'Qiraj, Naxxrammas, Battlegrounds, etc). The Burning Crusade is a complete overhaul of the game. New content is added to the game regularly.
My problem was that they never fixed the existing problems. They just introduced new ones. I found the perfect solution to this. Uninstall the game and cancel your account. :D It is so good to be free from this game. I have been sober for two months.

Ninjaman09
11-02-06, 03:45 PM
My problem was that they never fixed the existing problems. They just introduced new ones. I found the perfect solution to this. Uninstall the game and cancel your account. :D It is so good to be free from this game. I have been sober for two months.
Not sure which problems you're referring to. Either way, yeah I've been free of this curse for about a month. :)

UDawg
11-02-06, 05:20 PM
Not sure which problems you're referring to. Either way, yeah I've been free of this curse for about a month. :)
Realm lag for one. Elune was a cows arse hole. I will say the stuff that was bugged did not make it bade nough that I didn't completely enjoy the game in my time there.

Son Goku
11-06-06, 04:47 PM
Actually, even now I can state what some of these probs are, as I've run into some of them:

- Was in Warsong Gulch several weeks ago, when my character got stuck in the BG. All other chars in my party got stuck as well. Hit the thing to unstick one's self, no good. Sent message off to the GM, though after about 45 mins, we decided to go on other chars.

At that point the stuck one appeared as a ghost (but wasn't) and was totally non-loggable. We played on other guys, came back, and logged in, was alive but in the middle of a new battle. Not liking the idea of picking up someone's battle in the middle, in a bad place, I hearthed.

- Getting DCed in the middle of instance runs, or having it happen alternately to like half one's party. Some classes (like a healer, someone to sheep, and someone to tank) can just be necessary for anyone in the party to get their thing... You might fair without sheeping (though it could be harder), but without a healer, forget it.

- Lag spikes people alternately get (including loot lag, where one's hunched over the corpse and locked in place for several mins, until it gives a "you don't have permission to loot". Loot the same exact corpse again, and well you had it all along. Things such as loot lag and what not are not necessarily one's connection either, as it can coincide with exceptionally good latency) like 200 ms vs. a more normal 250 ms.

- Sitting in group chat, and what we ended up working out was certain messages weren't showing up on one's screen at all the same time

Yeah there are some issues...

Son Goku
11-06-06, 05:05 PM
At the same time my warrior was guildless and it is impossible to get into a guild then get into the raids with the DKP others have built up. I have been a 60 warrior since march 2005 with tons of experience in tanking. You have people with alt warriors passing me up because they are in mega guilds. Even main warriors with half my skill running around in might gear. I got frustrated so I started a horde tauren hunter. I parked him at lvl 49 to do BGs but that got old. Basically if you are not in a mega guild you can't go any where wrt end content and the game becomes boring.

You might find this odd; but I think some people are getting sick of the total n00bs, that get rushed to lvl 60 in a forte night, and have no idea of how to play. Peeps have also gotten sick of lvl 1s demanding practically that lvl 60s come down and spend all their time lvling them to 60 *now* so they don't have to play*, while trade window spamming for gold.

Lets put it this way, just the other week, during a guild meeting it was decided to promote me to an officer before the meeting was over. As an officer, and during many of our convs, I can see essentially where things are headed. And they're headed in a direction that might surprise you. Suffice it to say that one of the changes that has been tossed about is having minimum lvl requirements since having moved pretty much to invitation only. We also want to make sure people know how to play their class, or forget it.

Funny thing Udawg, another time/place you probably would have been invited in, whereas many of these n00bs who passed you up would have been rejected; the way things are heading in my own guild. Not that Aman'Thul necessarily has peeps on when you might be looking; due to being an Oceana server. We'll also invited a number of 50+ warriors, priests, and are still looking for locks and mages.

As to the low guys who want a fast rush so they don't have to play the game (and never learn); many of us are just sick of random runs through instances from lfg channel where we get them, and never make it through..

Son Goku
11-09-06, 12:42 PM
:rofl

You guys wouldn't believe it. Doing various guild BG runs, where the alliance seems to do rather poorly (and on our server, given it's only a few months old where practically no on has their tier 2 gear, and absolutely no one has their tier 3); we decided to go raiding to get the horrible defeats against tier 3 shammys and stuff outa our system.

So given a favorite passtime on Aman'Thul at least, where the horde raides Goldshire and PvPs the n00bs; I half jokingly suggested Thunderhoof Village would be along the same lines (though there are more civilians there to be careful of). So after getting no responce from x-roads, some decided "yeah lets go to Durotar". We hit a few gaurds in Thunderhoof Village, and nothing.

So, some peeps decided to try Thunderbluff, and well we only had a 5 man party. As I've played horde chars, as well as alliance, I told them exactly what to expect going up to TB... After killing some gaurds, we just kept stun locking a lvl 60 druid, a shammy, and a lock, while having some keep the agro off for the gaurds, and the priest in the group mind controling these players off the bridge/cliff :D

It was fricken hours before the Horde even started moving in; and for all that time we just kept mind controlling peeps to their deaths. Sometimes we were all up top, and one time I was below and seeing the druid land, took last hit and he had to grave back. Musta been like 3 hours before peeps flew in. True, not nearly as well defended out there as IF or Darnasus (though lots more civies to run from/be careful with), that we even held a horde city for like 3 hours like that with a 5 man party :lol2:

By the time we were done (though not until hours after we started) the place was completely full of, well definitely more then 40 or so :D Guess we had our fun afterall, after getting ownage from cross server BGs, where as lvl 60s (yeah I'm 60 now) we have to face peeps in tier 3 gear when we're only beginning to ready ourselves for end game...

Even funnier still, one or two peeps in party didn't even know it was a capital city; until I told them... Then it was like "dirty lil confession, I have some horde guys, except for a shammy, on another realm also"... Peeps were even more surprised then that we did this to a capital (lee63)

WeReWoLf
11-21-06, 01:58 AM
killed loatheb yesterday, just 1 more boss before 4 horsemen. looking forward to it :D

nVidi0t
11-24-06, 03:54 AM
My guild just downed Thaddius, and we are moving to the Four Horsemen!

Guild promo vids:

Blackwing Lair: ftp://koffkoff.mine.nu/HHBWLbySil.avi

Naxxramas Spider Wing: http://files.filefront.com/HHSpiderWingBySilavi/;6126965;;/fileinfo.html

Ninjaman09
11-27-06, 11:24 AM
Well I got sucked back in. Got into a raiding guild working on Thaddius tonight. :)

superklye
12-05-06, 01:16 PM
Welp, my little brother and a bunch of his college friends started playing and now I'm going to get back into it. I can't believe I'm doing this, but we'll see. Hopefully it'll be better with a group I know pretty well and will be on most of the time.

Thank God I graduate in 10 days and then have nothing to do but work for the rest of my life so I don't have to worry about it interfering with school anymore. :D

superklye
12-05-06, 02:29 PM
Figures...the day I decide to start playing again is the day they release a huge patch and all the realms go down along with the website. :(

Ninjaman09
12-05-06, 04:18 PM
Pretty nice patch though. Unless you're a warrior.

superklye
12-05-06, 05:24 PM
I don't know what I'm going to be yet.

I'm thinking a Troll Shaman.

lIqUID
12-05-06, 05:53 PM
yuck a troll....If you want to win roll a warlock. I heard it takes a raid the size of an UBRS group to down a lock.

after a couple weeks of attempts and a short break for holidays we took down Patchwerk late last night, shortly before maintanence so we couldnt kill the second guy which I heard is cake.

spider wing-clear
Noth,Patchwerk and Instructor down as well.

superklye
12-05-06, 05:56 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about. :( :o

lIqUID
12-05-06, 06:50 PM
TRANSLATION: warlocks **** **** up

superklye
12-05-06, 07:11 PM
hmm..okay. And it looks like maintenance was extended until 5:00 PST. :( I can't even login to my account page to put my CC# in.

Son Goku
12-05-06, 08:03 PM
Well before the whole honor system reset (for which we've been hearing it will work more like an exp system with no decays, though the patch info talks about using honor to buy things); McBain decided to have a ball. Knowing honor would reset, he became a bad boy, and killed every last civilian, right before honor reset :rofl

I guess his favorite passtime of mind controlling people into inns and civs won't work anymore; though mind controlling off a cliff will still operate. Other then that, it looks like hunters will get a nerf on ranged attack power (only 1 attack power granted per agility rather then 2), though pets will share in the armor and health of the hunter. Dunno, but as we're needing more nature resists for ZG, I went back and started leveling my hunter. He's now 41, and compared to the paladin has proven much easier to take through many of the quests... Course it also helps to have gone through a lot of them before, though it will be strange as one friend I had gone through much of the latter game stuff with, had to leave for a time... Though it'd be cool if he could get back, when another friend of mine and I both get these current chars up in lvl, and the 3 of us could go and do some stuff...

Now, I just wish there could be some patching for the alliances seeming inability to work together in a BG, or now it even seems latter game instances whenever a PuG is involved... Sadly, that will take more doing. And before the shutdown, a different friend of mine wanted to mess with his shammy, so we logged into our horde realm. His shammy is lvl 12, so I brought my now lvl 15 orc hunter, as my Tauren shammy is lvl 6/too much of a level spread. Sure enough, it was the same thing, except it was our, then side that managed to cap the flag, as should be done :lol2:

Sidric
12-05-06, 08:39 PM
TRANSLATION: warlocks **** **** up

QFMf'nT.

A level 60 warlock was my main on a PvP server and he rocked everything. Mind you he only had a few tier 1 epics, with some other purples thrown in (mana-igniting cord, azuresong mageblade, which is btw still ownage) but I've seen Tier 2/2.5 warlocks absolutely trash groups of people. Those are the ones you hear horror stories about.

LoL, I better leave this thread before I reactivate my account again.

OldOfEvil
12-05-06, 09:33 PM
Pretty nice patch though. Unless you're a warrior.

:(

My Undead warrior is a very sad panda right now..