PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43

Xion X2
03-25-07, 10:01 PM
Okay, I did it. I went out and got WoW this weekend, and I've been playing it pretty much since I bought it.

I still love Vanguard, but all of the damn bugs are just driving me crazy. Group bugs, quest bugs, binding item bugs, performance bugs, crafting bugs, etc etc etc ad infinitum into the next galaxy.

So I figured I would give WoW and EQ2 a shot until they get most of the bugs worked out with VG--which I really hope they do.

Well, EQ2 hasn't quite made the cut. Performance is horrible on my system for such an old game. I've tried all kinds of settings and it still lags around 20fps when you get lots of characters on-screen at once.

WoW, on the other hand, is the smoothest running game I think I've ever played. Not the least bit of lag or framerate drop anywhere no matter how many characters or enemies are on screen at once, which is both a relief and impressive. I mean, yeah, the graphics are kinda dated and simplistic, but after a while they almost grow on you. I do wish it looked a little better, but so far it hasn't taken away from the fact that it's a pretty good game.

I think what's turned me onto it so far is not only the smooth gameplay, but the entire game just syncs very well. The characters, the environments, the music, and the art--it all seems to flow together into something that makes perfect sense. It's a world that you actually feel like you're in the middle in, which is important in these kinds of games. It's one of those things you can't explain; you just have to sit down with it a few hours to see.

But yeah, it's pretty good and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.

Pros:
- Atmosphere: Like I said, everything seems to flow together really well.
- Music: Music is awesome. It's the kind of pleasant stuff you could listen to all day and it wouldn't bother you.. unlike some of Vanguard's which can feel like it's drilling into your head after a while (although I do like the music on VG, you can't listen to it non-stop).
- Gameplay: Extremely smooth controls, easy access to items and equipment, great interfaces.
- Performance: Couldn't get any better than it is. Only online game I've ever played where there was no lag. Framerate is perfect, no stuttering in either visuals or sound anywhere.

Cons:
1) Graphics: Although they're growing on me, sometimes the simplicity of the textures really sticks out.. especially the trees. Not a deal-breaker, but definitely noticeable sometimes. However, if you let yourself be drawn into the game it just doesn't seem to matter so much after a while.
2) Audience: Much younger age group on WoW as compared to VG. I'm not totally against that, but when some nut follows me around like this one kid did tonight it gets kind of freaky. No matter where I went he/she would follow me and say "go go go" non-stop and would never quit. Apparently, it was the only thing he/she knew how to say. I tried chatting on several occasions and all he/she could say was "go" or "lol." But, whatever.

Oh, and yeah.. almost forgot this other kid that logged on with the name "buttsex" and kept shouting "Who wants to *!*# me in the #*@ for 5 dollar?" over and over on the chat until he was finally banned. Never saw that kinda stuff on VG...

And no, I'm not making that up.

|MaguS|
03-25-07, 10:04 PM
What server are you on?

Xion X2
03-25-07, 10:18 PM
Well, I couldn't get on Elune like UDawg wanted me to because it was full. So I'm on Duskwood right now. I'm a chick Night Elf named Leastra.

Couldn't help it.. she looks cooler than the male elves. :p

I started out with an Orc but wasn't crazy about starting out in the desert again after VG so I switched. Now I'm out in a forest but I can't remember the name of it. Algrasil(?) or something like that. I'll probably get back on it here in a few minutes.

|MaguS|
03-25-07, 10:29 PM
Make on on the Bonechewer server, Its a PVP server but me and acouple of friends play regularly and we are planning to start a guild. We don't PVP much but we like the thrill of anything goes areas so you have to always be alert.

Xion X2
03-25-07, 10:31 PM
K, I'll make a 2nd toon over there, then. What's your handle?

(you like that I'm learning the MMO lingo, doncha? Toon, tell, gtg, omw.. none of these made a damn bit of sense a month ago. :p )

|MaguS|
03-25-07, 10:35 PM
lol

Im a lvl 21 Hunter, names Kortia. Shes the new good race... yeah female because the males look like fat demons.

Also got a lvl 13 Dwarf Warrior aswell.

Xion X2
03-25-07, 10:42 PM
Aight. I'll add you.

I don't have Burning Crusade yet, but I'm guessing it doesn't affect grouping at all. Right?

|MaguS|
03-25-07, 10:47 PM
Nope, I already left the newbie island and am in a main city. I will be on tomorrow night after work. Now its time for bed.

Xion X2
03-25-07, 10:48 PM
K, later man.

superklye
03-25-07, 11:29 PM
wtf does "PST" mean?

Xion X2
03-26-07, 01:27 AM
I think it means please send tell, but I'm not for certain.

Magus, I'm now on that server under the same handle. Leveled up to 6 tonight.

Ninjaman09
03-27-07, 12:39 PM
I think it means please send tell, but I'm not for certain.
That it does!

superklye
03-27-07, 01:27 PM
kthxbai

Xion X2
03-27-07, 02:23 PM
kthxbai

:lol:

Son Goku
04-27-07, 01:33 AM
Yeah I went hunter when I realized how overpowered they were after just messing around with a low level one... my current pet has over 100hp more then I do aswell as does more dmg then I (can't out agro him).

That situation doesn't remain however. At lvl 70, I do way more damage then my pet does, and I also have several thousand more HP then my pet. My pet still has a lot more armor then I do however...

In actual practice, at lower levels I could take several elites at higher lvl then myself. However with lvl 60 elites and above (where quite frankly the spread in hp, dps, and other stats very wildly), this is almost a hit and miss. One just learns what fits where. For instance, lvl 60 frostmaul giants are quite different then the lvl 60 silithid that comes out of the hive (which is much more like a mob from Zul'Gurub) from the Cenarion Circle. The former I could solo on my hunter, the latter I still did solo at lvl 60, but died and had to come back. Because the CC was still engaged in battle with it when I came back, I was able to revive pet, feed him, get ready, and re-enter the battle even after death and still got credit. At lvl 66, and Outland equiped, I still couldn't solo the lvl 60 elite blue dragonkin Scryer in the cave in Winterspring to get up to the person to finish the Onyxia attunement chain, alliance side. Called a friend in, 64 dwarf hunter who thought "it can't possibly be that bad". When he got there he was like OMG, as he and his pet died, same with my pet and me having to feign.

Finally a 3 man, with a lvl 70 human paladin which had run Karazhan and was equiped practically in all kara epics, resulted in us 3 manning him down, with the paly having to constantly heal himself while tanking...

At lvl 70, I was able to solo about 1/4 of Scholo, however there was a few deaths along the way, other times having to feign, and I of course still had to be careful, and even pot some. At higher levels, and especially when going into end game, things do even out subtantially. As hunter, the beginning of kara attunement wasn't easy as pie, and yet I was able to do dragonkin menace (first part of ony attunement) solo, which required killing elite dragonkin in Burning Steppes at lvl 51. On the orc hunter who was a newer char, I was able to push it back with killing a black drake and stuff at lvl 50, solo... I did end up grouping for even some of the "before instance" parts to kara attunement, in part though because another warrior was on it.

True however (though not at lvl 51) that my hunter had several pieces of ZG gear, parts of tier 0.5, and some epics like helm of narv at lvl 60, whereas at 70 he's not yet attuned and is mostly in Outland blues, with only 2 Outland greens left. Spec wise, with my out-dpsing my pet on char screen by about 150 dps, and my having a couple thousand more hp, I'm largely BM spec, with 41 points in beast mastery, and 20 points in marksmanship.

Son Goku
04-27-07, 02:18 AM
For those wondering, here are my mains. Naturally my specs go up above what is listed somewhat, when my pet is active.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Gotten

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Gnomeregan&n=Gotten

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Pyrus

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Picolo

may-22
05-01-07, 02:19 AM
*** Removed by Moderator ***

nVidi0t
06-01-07, 05:10 PM
Guild has cleared Gruul's lair and we have 2 bosses down in Serpentshrine cavern :D

hirantha
07-09-07, 08:33 PM
nvm i got it!

Son Goku
09-25-07, 04:29 PM
OK, one change I definitely don't like in the new patch, is the whole mailing system with the auction house now. It isn't like it saves volume on sending mail out either, as they now send a mail to say "such and such sold, and you will get money in an hour". No idea if that's yet done with items also, but if it is, then there it also kinda defeats the purpose of paying extra on a "buy it now", to avoid waiting for the purchase.

Items (but not money) used to take an hour to arrive, though recently if one mailed items from one char to another, it arrived in the mail immediately, which was nice. But now, they switched the AH mailing over to something in a way, worse then the old system for other things. At least one didn't previously get a mail to say "so and so mailed you something, come back to the box latter". Either send the money or don't. One doesn't want to come to town to read a "come back latter", which simply wastes people's time. The new system would be akin to someone asking to travel down the street (mind you, it can take time to gryphon and stuff), and then when they arrive, say "I want to tell you something, but not now. So make an additional trip and drive back in an hour and then I will tell you then, what I'm wanting to tell you now. Okay?" :retard: So one has to make 2 trips, rather then 1, ridiculous :lol2: :baaa::

Before, the hour wait for items was a bother if one was mailing something to themself, but at least they didn't know about it and weren't signaled to go get something, to only then be told to come back latter.

nVJoe
09-25-07, 04:53 PM
There is no good reason to have mail not be instant. None at all.

Son Goku
09-25-07, 06:18 PM
I mentioned this in guild chat earlier today, some of the people there couldn't see any rational reason Blizzard would have made this change either. About the only effect this will have is to bug people. When people see there's mail in their box, they don't want to just get notification in in-game mail that they should come back to get their mail.

Son Goku
10-09-07, 05:57 PM
Anyone else noticed the number of, I'll be polite here, inexperienced lvl 60+s of late? Perhaps this coinciding with, when on alts it's next to impossible to find groups for lower lvl instnaces as everyone gets rushed?

The other day, we decided to have a sorta fun run through ZG. We did end up excepting some lvl 60+s who were not in guild though. It was the absolute worst raid any of us have ever seen. Things were more organized our first time in Gruul's this week (without these lower lvls being PuGed), though we still haven't quite got the pull for the first boss yet. This is saying something as we still don't have the pull for first boss in Gruul's worked out just yet, but getting there.

OK, it's only ZG, and not a lvl 70 raid; but still it's no trash through BRD (which I could and have rushed people through parts on my hunter before), especially with 61s and 62s in group. What we got was the lowbies running around and pulling everything, constantly needing to be resed. Then there was the thing where the tanks, weren't umm, allowed to tank at all, as these 60-63s kept thinking of it as a rush through lowbie instances, and would run around hitting everything/dragging them to all the higher lvl players (not necessarily tanks, but even squishies).

I remember when we did that in my first guild a year ago. At lvl 60, and with far less gear, we never had that much trouble, even our first time in when we were just learning the instance; and mind you downed 1 or 2 bosses first time in. This time, we didn't even make it up to a boss, with the lvl 62s and stuff we found. I never thought, a ZG could have gone that bad, with outland geared, especially as we did have 20 people (overkill with 70s) between the whole lvl range....

Tr1cK
10-09-07, 06:48 PM
I think it's due to people buying accounts etc.

I rerolled on a server that some RL friends are on and they have offered to let me have one of their other toons, but I like leveling (for the play-style experience) and making a name of my own.

On that note, I can't wait for patch 2.3.
15% less XP between levels from 1 to 60.
Also, more XP from quests.
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=1155755572&postId=11552515549&sid=1#0

lIqUID
10-09-07, 08:55 PM
I have a 29 hunter and 35 warlock I'm leveling and the changes to XP will be more than welcome. I'm also really excited about the season 1 glad gear going to be the new honor set since my little circle of friends quit playing I have no arena team.