PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Tyr-Sog
03-03-05, 06:10 AM
A guy in our guild says the high level mage is quite boring to play, we did a test today to see how "powerful" priests were. A level 40 priest against my 35 warrior and he was not allowed to heal, it was nasty. :p

Thats crazy, I sluaghter warriors with my priest with ease. Once 6 lvls higher(i was lvl 32, warrior 38) then me and once 5 lvls(me 36 , warrior 41) higher then me. Have I lost to warriors at those lvls before yes, but any warrior my lvl or a few above me I never lost to. Sounds like your guildie needs more practice with the priest(as do those warriors I killed). The only class I have run in to trouble killing is Shamans with in lvl.

vampireuk
03-03-05, 06:17 AM
We were not having a real duel, we were testing out what happens if they don't heal. Get a melee weapon next to your cloth and your health runs down very quickly. :p

Plus I also play the warrior extremely well ;)

Tyr-Sog
03-03-05, 06:27 AM
We were not having a real duel, we were testing out what happens if they don't heal. Get a melee weapon next to your cloth and your health runs down very quickly. :p

Plus I also play the warrior extremely well ;)

Shield, mindblast, Dot, fear, mindblast, mindflay, mindblast and you being 5 lvls lower should have killed you lol. If not priest repeats. :D

vampireuk
03-03-05, 06:29 AM
Fear? What is this fear you speak of? ;) Also the shield goes down rather quickly :p

Tyr-Sog
03-03-05, 06:36 AM
Fear? What is this fear you speak of? ;) Also the shield goes down rather quickly :p

You can resist the fear sometimes and not instantly. If you do zap the fear off of you it still has done enough to disoriente your postioning and you have to reorganize yourself. I disagress about the shield failing fast. It last long enough to do plenty of damage or heal yourself or let your fear rejuvinate or kyte and dot. BTW, I resist most stuns ;) .. lol

Tyr-Sog
03-03-05, 06:41 AM
I've grouped with a few high lvl mages with my Shaman(lvl 47) and those guys say that a mage is fun. I've seen them in action and they are a force to be reckon with. My last outing with a mage(Mid 50's) and I watched him rock 5 alliance ranging all in the 40's and fast.

vampireuk
03-03-05, 07:02 AM
Well I'm not arguing that a priest is a extremely tough fight for a warrior, but generally most people underestimate warriors and get quite a shock when the warrior starts winning :D

My level 35 killed a 43 undead rogue the other day :angel: although I did get healing from a guild mate. :D

Edit: I've never really seen a mage been too powerful, generally we take one along because polymorph is extremely useful. It could be worse I guess, they could be warlocks :p

Ninjaman09
03-03-05, 09:31 AM
Mages are extremely useful in instances, especially higher level ones. They are capable of dealing more damage than any other class. A good mage and a good warrior along with a priest or pally can take on quite a bit of aggro and keep going. Mages are also completely necessary to get through the end-game raid content. And their CC abilities are nothing to scoff at, either.

WeReWoLf
03-04-05, 12:49 AM
To take care of fear, beserker mode. or deathwish. or beserker rage. or recklessness.

DaveChambers
03-04-05, 04:57 AM
Well I'm not arguing that a priest is a extremely tough fight for a warrior, but generally most people underestimate warriors and get quite a shock when the warrior starts winning :D

My level 35 killed a 43 undead rogue the other day :angel: although I did get healing from a guild mate. :D

Edit: I've never really seen a mage been too powerful, generally we take one along because polymorph is extremely useful. It could be worse I guess, they could be warlocks :p
Mages are EXTREMELY powerful when played correctly. I went through Maraudon at level 45 with a group from my guild including a 60 paladin and 60 mage. Its insane the damage the mage can do, nothing has the crowd controlling skills a mage does. I was very impressed.

ChrisRay
03-04-05, 05:14 AM
My Shadow Priest just got Shadow Form today. Wow is it totally awesome. My DPS shot up a good 15% by that alone. Tackle Shadow Weaving and Darkness she's kicking arse.

vampireuk
03-04-05, 06:58 AM
Mages are EXTREMELY powerful when played correctly. I went through Maraudon at level 45 with a group from my guild including a 60 paladin and 60 mage. Its insane the damage the mage can do, nothing has the crowd controlling skills a mage does. I was very impressed.

I'll have to tell my guild mate to stick with it then since we only have one mage :D

Sorrow
03-04-05, 09:12 AM
My shaman ( now almost 22) >> Mages :p

But my 42 rogue owns shamans if I get cheap shot in, STUN LOCK FOR THE WIN!

Frost shock and fire totem wins!

vampireuk
03-04-05, 09:49 AM
I had a battle with a shaman before, the idiot didn't use a single totem and tried to beat me using melee combat. Needless to say he was running back from the graveyard. :D

Sorrow
03-04-05, 10:46 AM
I had a battle with a shaman before, the idiot didn't use a single totem and tried to beat me using melee combat. Needless to say he was running back from the graveyard. :D

My tactics for melee are (using totem stopper of course) Fire Totem>Stoneskin totem>Frost Shock>Healing stream totem>Fire Blast>Melee>lesser healing wave>he's dead.

For casters it's just using Strength of earth instead of Stoneskin and take out healing stream, and replace fire blast with earth shock :D

vampireuk
03-07-05, 05:24 AM
This weekend I hit level 40, from the secret (and last) boss in the Scarlet Monastary. From there I hearthed out straight away to get my mount :D

Mounts rock!

Sorrow
03-07-05, 08:09 AM
I took a break from my 42 rogue last week and started a shaman which is now lvl 24 almost 25. Went and killed in the deadmines, PK'd a bunch of alliance then hearthed back and tradeskilled! Btw I'm on the new PvP server Firetree with my shaman :)

UDawg
03-07-05, 03:03 PM
This weekend I hit level 40, from the secret (and last) boss in the Scarlet Monastary. From there I hearthed out straight away to get my mount :D

Mounts rock!
When did you start saving for a horsie. I have no money because I keep helping my guildies out with BS and giving drops to them. The good side is we have a bunch of lower lvls that have lvld' up really quickly but as I said I am broke at lvl33. Oh and I only get to play about a hour and a half a nite. :(

Oh and our guild leader sets group setting to free-for-all and that means I NEVER GET ONE FRIKING DROP! How can people get the drops before I even click on the body? Are they using a hack or what. Either way he rapes us all on the drops. Granted he is very generious on giving equipment, patters and what not but man it was pissing me off. I was in a major drop zone with the ogres and wanted to cash in.

Ninjaman09
03-07-05, 03:17 PM
Whoa dude, I would NEVER play with ANYONE on free-for-all. He's not really doing you any favors by passing out the stuff he doesn't want. I guarantee once that blue drops he grabs it up and keeps it. Remember that a lot of the better items are bind-on-pickup as well. If that's how they run their groups I'd ask them to start using group loot or start looking for another guild. The best way to make money is by selling stuff at the AH, and getting "leftovers" isn't gonna cut it.

Some people are very skilled at grabbing up drops literally the instant the mob dies. Free loot is really only good if you're farming mobs for quest items, and even then it's not a very good idea.

UDawg
03-07-05, 04:52 PM
I hear ya and that is what pissed me off. It was just the last two guild groups we whent on that he has done this. I cannot just slam the guy becuase he does a lot for the guild and helped me lvl up by 5 in a very short amount of time by getting every one to do instances with me. How ever I was pissed and there was a blue claymore I really wanted as a back up when my main blue sword was broken.

When I lead groups it is always set to uncommon and I set the rules before we group and everyone is happy. Basically I do what is normal. The only thing I hate is when people do not listen to rolling on chests. I also hate it when they win and take it regardless if they need it. If I see another priest take a 2H sword just to sell it, I will scream, especially when it would be a upgrade. If it isn't a upgrade I don't mind so much.

BTW the best way to make money is to auction. ;) I know you know that, I'm just messin with ya.

vampireuk
03-07-05, 07:07 PM
When I BS I make sure that people in the guild supply me with the items that are required or they pay the cost of me purchasing them. I started saving when I was level 30 for my mount, I'm now just finishing buying the rest of my skills and I have just finished my weaponsmith quest too. Free for all sucks for groups, request that it is set to group loot. Sounds like he is just way too greedy.

WeReWoLf
03-08-05, 04:46 PM
BTW the best way to make money is to auction. ;) I know you know that, I'm just messin with ya.

Actually the best way to make money is to farm continuously. I can bring in about 20g in 2 hours. Once i've gotten a fair bit of money, it's off to questing i go! 147g in the bank at the moment after about 8 hours of farming total. Combined with questing, i can get extremely good armour and weapons.

Also for FFA loot, i only set that if i'm personally running a guildie through an instance. i couldn't care less what drops. Everything is his. I do this very often through deadmines.

Ninjaman09
03-08-05, 05:23 PM
Actually the best way to make money is to farm continuously.
Bah, screw that. So boring. It DOES work, though.

UDawg
03-08-05, 05:47 PM
Also for FFA loot, i only set that if i'm personally running a guildie through an instance. i couldn't care less what drops. Everything is his. I do this very often through deadmines.
Exactly. I have done that in BFD a number of times. I have done it so many times and I don't need what is in there so I just set it to FFA and let them sort it out according to their needs and abilities.

BTW how do you farm?

WeReWoLf
03-08-05, 10:29 PM
I find a place that has a high amount of creatures/humanoids. I then kill a few to see if they drop anything that is worth much. If it is, i farm. If it isn't, i don't farm and move on. PM me for farming secrets if you need lotsa cash quick. Depends on lvl though.