PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43

Ninjaman09
04-07-09, 09:02 AM
Anyhow, I tried questing solo tonight, and keep getting pwnd! This is pissing me off! I'm half tempted to ask a buddy of ours to run body guard for me so I can complete my quests! :p :lol: Don't know if she'd do it for me though... she don't know me very well and I've yet to do anything for her (she's level 80, I'm 50... what can I do for her? :lol: ).

Anyhow, just wanted to vent. I play on Spirestone, I'm alliance, and my character name is Hildalgo. Anybody want to join up with me... please do! :p I'm getting to the point to where I don't even want to play this game unless it's with somebody else. I hate playing a game where all you do is die repeatedly without accomplishing much, if anything at all. :( :p

Anybody else feel the same way? Or is it just me. :o :lol:

You're playing a Paladin and having trouble soloing? One of the best solo questing classes in the game (well, post-50 anyway)? You should be taking on several mobs at a time without breaking a sweat. My guess is your gear and spec are a mess. By level 50 you should understand the class mechanics enough to get through questing, so I won't go into detail about that. Spec Ret and focus on Strength. Ignore anything with Intellect on it for now as it won't do you any good. If you find some hit rating or crit rating, go for it. Until you get to Hellfire Peninsula though, you aren't going to see much "rating" gear. Here's the spec you should be using:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZZVf0toIucMsLz

Damage rotation should be Judge, Crusader Strike, auto-attack till CS and Judge are off cooldown, rinse repeat. Keep speccing into Ret until you have Divine Storm and all of the deep-tree DPS talents. Make your tree look like this basically:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxZVfbtbIucrsguAo

At 80 spec however you want. But spec Ret for leveling. Prot can level alright too but it's a real ***** until later on. If you want to be a unique snowflake you can go Holy around 70 and it won't be too bad (that's what I did on mine). Have fun, hope that helps!

edit: I armory'd you. Forgot you mentioned your guy's name in there! Anyway, your gear is decent enough for the most part, I'd replace the chest but it seems like you have an idea what to look for already. Your spec is decent for the most part, could use some fine-tuning but it's overall on the right track. Don't really know why you're having issues man. :p

Redeemed
04-07-09, 12:46 PM
You're playing a Paladin and having trouble soloing? One of the best solo questing classes in the game (well, post-50 anyway)? You should be taking on several mobs at a time without breaking a sweat. My guess is your gear and spec are a mess. By level 50 you should understand the class mechanics enough to get through questing, so I won't go into detail about that. Spec Ret and focus on Strength. Ignore anything with Intellect on it for now as it won't do you any good. If you find some hit rating or crit rating, go for it. Until you get to Hellfire Peninsula though, you aren't going to see much "rating" gear. Here's the spec you should be using:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZZVf0toIucMsLz

Damage rotation should be Judge, Crusader Strike, auto-attack till CS and Judge are off cooldown, rinse repeat. Keep speccing into Ret until you have Divine Storm and all of the deep-tree DPS talents. Make your tree look like this basically:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxZVfbtbIucrsguAo

At 80 spec however you want. But spec Ret for leveling. Prot can level alright too but it's a real ***** until later on. If you want to be a unique snowflake you can go Holy around 70 and it won't be too bad (that's what I did on mine). Have fun, hope that helps!

edit: I armory'd you. Forgot you mentioned your guy's name in there! Anyway, your gear is decent enough for the most part, I'd replace the chest but it seems like you have an idea what to look for already. Your spec is decent for the most part, could use some fine-tuning but it's overall on the right track. Don't really know why you're having issues man. :p

Thanks buddy! I'm uber-nub is what the problem is. Anytime I play I'm playing with my buddy, and pretty much just follow him around. When taking on several level 55s for example, I can do it, but I just have to spam flash of light (or what ever it's called to heal me) and my AoE. :D

The main thing that is aggrevating is not knowing the world. I'm reading a quest, and don't have a clue as to where to go to complete it. That's what I get for just following my buddy around I guess. :p

Anyhow, thanks for the links and tips. Do you play on that server?

WeReWoLf
04-07-09, 06:24 PM
The main thing that is aggrevating is not knowing the world. I'm reading a quest, and don't have a clue as to where to go to complete it. That's what I get for just following my buddy around I guess. :p

You're on the wrong server 'Deemed. I play on Windrunner.

Get the handy little mod called "Questhelper"

Ninjaman09
04-07-09, 06:33 PM
Thanks buddy! I'm uber-nub is what the problem is. Anytime I play I'm playing with my buddy, and pretty much just follow him around. When taking on several level 55s for example, I can do it, but I just have to spam flash of light (or what ever it's called to heal me) and my AoE. :D
Haha yeah wait till you get Divine Storm, it'll make it a lot more fun to take on groups. :)

You're right, TBH I played for so long I know everything off the top of my head by now. I forget that not everyone does sometimes. :p

No, my characters were on Arygos (great Horde PvE server) before I deleted them all in order to stop playing WoW. Sadly, my time with this game is over. To be honest though I'm jealous of you, I wish I could go back to before the time I'd sunk thousands of hours into the game because it really is an incredibly fun experience when you haven't done it before. Good luck and have fun man. :)

Redeemed
04-07-09, 07:18 PM
Haha yeah wait till you get Divine Storm, it'll make it a lot more fun to take on groups. :)

You're right, TBH I played for so long I know everything off the top of my head by now. I forget that not everyone does sometimes. :p

No, my characters were on Arygos (great Horde PvE server) before I deleted them all in order to stop playing WoW. Sadly, my time with this game is over. To be honest though I'm jealous of you, I wish I could go back to before the time I'd sunk thousands of hours into the game because it really is an incredibly fun experience when you haven't done it before. Good luck and have fun man. :)

Thanks bro! :D And I'll look into QuestHelper. Another buddy of mine suggested it to me, I've yet to really look into it though. :D

Ninjaman09
04-07-09, 10:04 PM
I've never used QuestHelper, but my friends have and they say it's incredibly helpful. One set of addons I've used that I loved were Lightheaded and TomTom. You can find them here: http://wowinterface.com/downloads/info7017-LightHeaded.html. You can also get an addon called TourGuide which uses TomTom's waypoint features to literally guide you through questing, though the guides are player-made. There are some good ones here: http://www.wow-pro.com/leveling_guides/james_leveling_guide_tourguide_style

Either way you're getting close to Hellfire Peninsula, and it gets a LOT easier to quest once you're there. :)

WeReWoLf
04-07-09, 10:57 PM
Took me a total of 10 hours played to get from 50 to 68. Then I went to Northrend, hit 70 in about 2 hours, then started the grind to 80 lol. After I finish moving house, I'm going to do it again with both my warriors and my rogue.

Son Goku
05-16-09, 02:18 PM

Grab a mod with coords, and visit

http://www.wowhead.com

or

http://www.thottbot.com

and search the quests. Most posts will include the x,y coordinates you want for this or that. Then just go to that location.

There are a few areas where a paly can have a bit of a harder time, though they are rather survivable. In TBC days, the dailies for nethwing was one area where certain palies needed me to come on my hunter, or someone else with range pull ability; but this was due more to class specific limitations. One of the dailies was to blast dragon riders out of the air (and they just never really came in close enough to be meleed without pulling first); and the other was a quest near either the scryer or aldor camp, dealing again with flying mobs. Most melee classes have something for range (war or rogue a bow or gun for instnace, or thrown weap slot; a feral druid or enh shamy can spell caste, etc). Palies can release a judgement, but the range is rather limited.

The other touchy situation I ran into back when I played a paly (which was back in 2006); was humanoid encamptents where one just couldn't get close enough to get in melee agro range, without one's agro radius pulling the whole camp. Having some ability to grab mobs at range, even if one is ultimately melee; just seemed more natural to me, then trying to bubel and heal through a camp of 20+ mobs, etc; which otherwise could be single target kited away from the group.

Oh, and watch for the bad PuGs :o After a night which included a haphazzard loss in WG, because the ali have trouble understanding PvP; I went over to my horde realm; and got something just as painful with a Gruul's wipe, which I was to find out afterwards had been wiping on high king maulgore 2 hours before I even came. I was on a hunter, so asked who was mis-directing to who? No answer. Also was wondering who would range tank the shamy add (well 2, due to the sheep), and no answer. Instead they had the mobs all lumped up together, the mage add just fire blasted everyone, the 2 locks did nothing on the fel hunters who just mobed all the DPS; and the top healer became disgusted and left. This was after someone pulled Mulgore before the healers were in the instance yet :o Tried to explain things such as needing to nuke the healer first, and it all fell on deaf ears :o

After that, and the number of 80s who could wipe on ZG (as they don't quite understand the reason behind nuking the 2 priests and the tiger boss together); I just have to link something on PuG raids :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJUTfjVWpZI&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fvideosear ch%3Fq%3Dpuging%2Bkz%26hl%3Den%26emb%3D0%26aq%3Df&feature=player_embedded

Yeah, it took quite a few AQ40 PuGs to get the achievement... I've seen 80s chain wipe on it while thinking anything classic can't have any challenges in it where strat should matter.

Oh and then there's the classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Comhx2cwoAg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fvideosear ch%3Fq%3Dpuging%2Bkz%26hl%3Den%26emb%3D0%26aq%3Df&feature=player_embedded

sammy sung
10-02-09, 05:09 PM
Grab a mod with coords, and visit

http://www.wowhead.com

or

http://www.thottbot.com

and search the quests. Most posts will include the x,y coordinates you want for this or that. Then just go to that location.

There are a few areas where a paly can have a bit of a harder time, though they are rather survivable. In TBC days, the dailies for nethwing was one area where certain palies needed me to come on my hunter, or someone else with range pull ability; but this was due more to class specific limitations. One of the dailies was to blast dragon riders out of the air (and they just never really came in close enough to be meleed without pulling first); and the other was a quest near either the scryer or aldor camp, dealing again with flying mobs. Most melee classes have something for range (war or rogue a bow or gun for instnace, or thrown weap slot; a feral druid or enh shamy can spell caste, etc). Palies can release a judgement, but the range is rather limited.

The other touchy situation I ran into back when I played a paly (which was back in 2006); was humanoid encamptents where one just couldn't get close enough to get in melee agro range, without one's agro radius pulling the whole camp. Having some ability to grab mobs at range, even if one is ultimately melee; just seemed more natural to me, then trying to bubel and heal through a camp of 20+ mobs, etc; which otherwise could be single target kited away from the group.

Oh, and watch for the bad PuGs :o After a night which included a haphazzard loss in WG, because the ali have trouble understanding PvP; I went over to my horde realm; and got something just as painful with a Gruul's wipe, which I was to find out afterwards had been wiping on high king maulgore 2 hours before I even came. I was on a hunter, so asked who was mis-directing to who? No answer. Also was wondering who would range tank the shamy add (well 2, due to the sheep), and no answer. Instead they had the mobs all lumped up together, the mage add just fire blasted everyone, the 2 locks did nothing on the fel hunters who just mobed all the DPS; and the top healer became disgusted and left. This was after someone pulled Mulgore before the healers were in the instance yet :o Tried to explain things such as needing to nuke the healer first, and it all fell on deaf ears :o

After that, and the number of 80s who could wipe on ZG (as they don't quite understand the reason behind nuking the 2 priests and the tiger boss together); I just have to link something on PuG raids :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJUTfjVWpZI&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fvideosear ch%3Fq%3Dpuging%2Bkz%26hl%3Den%26emb%3D0%26aq%3Df&feature=player_embedded

Yeah, it took quite a few AQ40 PuGs to get the achievement... I've seen 80s chain wipe on it while thinking anything classic can't have any challenges in it where strat should matter.

Oh and then there's the classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Comhx2cwoAg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fvideosear ch%3Fq%3Dpuging%2Bkz%26hl%3Den%26emb%3D0%26aq%3Df&feature=player_embedded

There's hand of reckoning and exorcism now,both have a 30 yard range.Hand of reckoning will pull mobs and it will also damage mobs that's not yet attacking you.Exorcism always crits vs undead and demons and also works in PVP ,hand of reckoning doesn't work vs players.

snowmanwithahat
10-18-09, 11:23 PM
So how many of you still play?

I'm 2 months "clean" but thinking about getting back into it.

I've always played a warrior... Tauren warrior named Verticulate to be exact... raided as an arms slam spec and dabbled in WOTLK briefly... before getting very bored of it.

Some of my highlights include

Amani War Bear
Clearing BT / Hyjal pre-nerf (3.0)
5/8 T6 - Torch of the Damned x2
1850 - 5v5 in S3 / S4
2200 - 3v3 in S6
3/6 Sunwell pre 3.0

I have nothing really astonishing about WOTLK... I moved to a mediocre guild and we didn't do very well... got bored and 'seriously' pursued arenas... ended up with just 'Rival' title both times... go figure

Anyone else have anything they are proud to show off in WoW?

... I kind of want to start again

Son Goku
11-12-09, 01:26 PM
There's hand of reckoning and exorcism now,both have a 30 yard range.Hand of reckoning will pull mobs and it will also damage mobs that's not yet attacking you.Exorcism always crits vs undead and demons and also works in PVP ,hand of reckoning doesn't work vs players.

Well it was about fricken time then. Trying to take on humanoid camps was a royal pain in the arse on a pally back in classic. You couldn't just take a mob; no you had to get close enough to be in agro range of them all. And the natural effect was pull the entire camp and have to bubble/heal through it all. This just wasn't natural to me. Nor am I by that nature, that sacrificial or prone to kamikaze like attacks.

Which is probably in part why Gilthanas and myself made such good partners when it came to taking content down. As a hunter range pulling was his specialty (something pallies couldn't do to save their life), and with even a ret pali able to throw in even an occassional heal, while attacking stuff... We essentially ended up complimenting each other's class; well until he came back and I was playing a hunter. I really didn't care for healing, just not exactly my cup of tea, and back then prot pallies did not exist. It wasn't until well into TBC when people figured out how it could be done, and how useful they could be vs. CCing everything.

Son Goku
11-12-09, 01:42 PM
So how many of you still play?

I'm 2 months "clean" but thinking about getting back into it.

I've always played a warrior... Tauren warrior named Verticulate to be exact... raided as an arms slam spec and dabbled in WOTLK briefly... before getting very bored of it.

Some of my highlights include

Amani War Bear
Clearing BT / Hyjal pre-nerf (3.0)
5/8 T6 - Torch of the Damned x2
1850 - 5v5 in S3 / S4
2200 - 3v3 in S6
3/6 Sunwell pre 3.0

I have nothing really astonishing about WOTLK... I moved to a mediocre guild and we didn't do very well... got bored and 'seriously' pursued arenas... ended up with just 'Rival' title both times... go figure

Anyone else have anything they are proud to show off in WoW?

... I kind of want to start again

Getting gear these days is like nothing, at least until 3.3 and ICC. ToC 10/25 is short 5 bosses, no trash, and largely like filler content. It's no where near challenging like many bosses in Uld such as some of the keepers, yogg, etc were, and can even be fairly easily PuGed. Yes one might get the DK that liked to path of frost just before anub'arak (funny enough, I could almost see Nuadormrac suggesting that :lol2: though he pretty much stopped playing around the time the third boss unlocked); but all in all, it's like 4th boss, what's really to it. Many a joke about sucking balls, and who's going to be on black balls, or white balls. I kid you not; Bliz who also made the Grizzly Hills outhouse, along with many a dung digging quest such as for Nagrand cherries, made a ball sucking boss :p

So essentially after having joined a guild to get on with raids, and run them with Nuad (my prior one is still stuck in uld and was doing fewer bosses then before just this last week), I took a horde guy through on another realm, in what isn't even considered a raiding guild. (Having 2 chars on a raiding schedule would have been a bit tight schedule wise, so yeah the alt can just go for fun sometimes). In a month's time, my orc is almost equal in gear to my main (a tad bit lower on stats). Essentially 1 month, and not even close to the time I used to play, it's like almost nothing to get up to a mix of mostly 226-245 lvl gear now. Now TotGC on the other hand could still be a pain in many a PuG, but TotC, lol bliz

It's easy now really. Pretty much, get the reps, do normal ToC farm and get some iLvl 200 gear without a lockout timer. This also helps on rep. Now do the h daily (getting some triumphs along the way), and begin doing h toc 5 man beside. H toc gives iLvl 219 epics, and conquests (now that everything drops emblems of conquest) is giving some iLvl 226 gear, finished up with 2 bits of tier 8.5, can be done from heroics.

Now at this point, with even half blues (largely repping), if one's epics are like at least half iLvl 219 or greater, people aren't going to typically say no to a nax 10 man. Nax this expansion is rather easy anyhow, and nax10 is kinda where kara was a year ago when everyone farmed it for badges :rofl

At this point, do a nax10 or 2 (many don't even consider it a serious raid anymore), and if you luck, you get a lil iLvl 200 to replace some of the blues (more important being the weapons, as there's no weapons from emblems); though drops and rolls of course all come down to luck. By this point (and also a lil VoA), hitting a ToC 10 really wasn't challenging at all, though I'd also been through there on my main so... Gearing is easy now; compared to what it used to be.

jeffmd
11-12-09, 02:46 PM
goku pretty much has summed it up. Blizzard has decided to make everything drop the 2nd highest badge, with the newest dungion and the heroic daily droping the newest tier badge, so you can get t7/8 gear through badges easily. Also the new 5 man drops epics in both reg and heroic mode (lots to be had here), and toc10/25 are not the hardest of events for people with half a brain. I can still see pugs failing, but they get done. VOA and Onyxia round out the mix. No one ever does malygos any more, and sarth only gets done for the 3 drake achievements. Nax is occasionaly pugged as well but most guilds jump to toc10 and ulduar10 now.

The new vision on badges and 5 mans droping higher then 200 ilevel epic gear is to make it easier for new comers and alts to hit 80.. and get the gear needed to join their friends in the progression raids.

Ninjaman09
11-13-09, 10:07 AM
TotGC is fairly challenging, especially the Tribute achievements. Try those if your guild finds it too easy.

Son Goku
11-13-09, 02:18 PM
My main's guild is doing TotGC, though is still working on Anub'Arak in it, with the other 4 bosses on TotGC on farm. My alt isn't in a raiding guild (and yet is close to being as geared), on a realm not known for it's raiding prowess/puging there isn't great. And yet it was still that easy.

3.3 is hard to estimate. I can see the potential for ICC to be harder then TotC which was really pretty much filler content and easier then uld. The 5 mans I'd seen fail on PTR (I copied my main over to it), and for that all I can say is it's good to be able to vote scrub tanks out of the 5 man group, and the like. The guy who pulled like 200 trash at once, healer dead, and oh wait, was a perfect example of this. Same with groups where the healer always died on first boss, gah forgot it's name and there's like 3, because he couldn't stand behind a rock when the boss ran off and went to do some mass dam to the group.

This said, the 5 mans I've heard will drop ilvl 226 gear on norm? and wasn't clear if it would be 232 or 245 on h. Can't confirm as the PTR had no drops on bosses we downed there, which were implemented yet. This said, gearing will be even easier.

On the other hand, ICC raids should likely come in as hard again, which means all these peeps that got easy loot, many of them will hit "don't stand in the green sh**", with some "doi, I never saw that before", and some QQ that it's an issue in 5 mans. The only saving grace to that is the new lfg architecture, allows groups to vote people out, if they're proven to be geared yes, but useless/stupid.

Against the backdrop of this easy gearing, with TotC being far from a challenging raid, or in anyway a progression from uld, can be kept in mind that many people these days can easily wipe on ZG at 80; and then there's the people who if they make it to twin emps in AQ40 figure "umm drr, DK's are OP and this is just lvl 60 content, I can multi-tank the emporers, lvl 60 stuff has to be easy", with a "why aren't they losing hp, you're 80, your dps sucks"; and it's like umm dude, have you ever done this boss before? They need to be tanked apart for this very reason. 15 mins in, it's a wipe. For an idea, (and what was a newer 60 in classic who only had 600 hated nozdarmu rep at tbc's release), the char was hostile by the time I got a PuG that could even get to c'thun and I could get the achiev at 80 for classic raider; this is how it can go, minus the DKs who try to multi-tank it. BTW, the following link is not exactly work friendly due to a lil language from vent towards the end. Be aware:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJUTfjVWpZI

There's talk of reintroducing BWL as an 85 raid. Aside from the horrors of the suppression room if one doesn't have a rogue (please don't remind me), anyone want to wonder how many who got such easy gear, with non-challenging content will take BWL with the mob levels raised to 85-88? If AQ40 ever got re-introduced at a now max lvl, I think many would similarly complain to bliz "this is too hard, nerf it".

arioch21
11-13-09, 10:01 PM
quit 5 months ago and dont plan on going back, game is boring, might come back to check out expansion but in all honesty I rather be playing something new, hoping starwars mmo is good.

Roliath
11-19-09, 12:36 AM
I quit around maybe a year ago or maybe even two, how fast does it take the average person to hit 70ish~80?

High level crafting worth it?

I've been getting the mmo itch and aion is not satisfying it. Thinking about starting a priest or rogue (alt) on a pvp server horde side (cho'gall maybe?)

What server if any do you recommend?

sammy sung
12-05-09, 02:18 PM
Getting gear these days is like nothing, at least until 3.3 and ICC.

Thats bull,its only true if you are in a raiding guild,the achievement system largely prevents access to most HC dungeons/raid pugs.You can't even take a piss without showing a achievement for it first.I play on a PVP server,before you didn't really need raiding.You could still get decent pvp gear,weapons etc by playing a ****load of battlegrounds or some arena.But not anymore,you cannot even get a damn wand over item level 178 without arena ranking/hc dungeons and that's complete crap.Sure,you can buy/craft 200 level weapons (not a wand mind you) but level 200 isn't enough for the epic achievement that you also have to link now (you need itemlevel 213 in each slot,all my chars are full deadly/furious geared with wintergrasp legs/trinkets but none has weapons over 200)

Now all you see in trade is link achievement this and that/come to middle dalaran for gearcheck like some damn covert mission crap.It's obvious that blizzard is trying to force people into playing raids etc even if they don't enjoy it,now you can't even buy arena weapons with 2v2 ranking,you have to play 3v3 or 5v5 and you need a ranking of atleast 1800.I actually enjoyed voa,it was quick but that started the whole achievement hysteria,after they introduced the second wing and a lot of pugs started to fail you could never get a group again if you can't link the achievement for it.Now they've added a third wing but if you don't have time/gear to join a raiding guild that content isn't available anymore since you have to provide a ach link but you can't because you can't get a freaking group without it.Catch 22,great :thumbdwn:

Albo
01-06-10, 06:30 PM
So...
I just downloaded the 10 day free trial, and i'm addicted.
I started as a hunter, but i'm going to switch/roll or whatever to a paladin, because my friend said that it's OP.

Yaboze
01-29-10, 04:25 PM
The Paladin is overpowered but usually gets nerfed often. It depends what you want to do. The Paladin is good because he can do all 3 basic roles in a group later on; damage, heal or tank.

sammy sung
01-30-10, 05:12 AM
The Paladin is overpowered but usually gets nerfed often. It depends what you want to do. The Paladin is good because he can do all 3 basic roles in a group later on; damage, heal or tank.

It recently got nerfed rather badly,especially for PVP/world pvp since you no longer can bubble/LoH after eachother.If you use lay on hands (or bubble) on yourself you get a 2 minute cd whereas before you had the option to use them in sequence if needed.This is a good change though,even if i do play one myself paladins have been more resiliant than most classes.Prot pallies are still a pain in the ass to put down but rets are notably less challenging than they use to be.

Son Goku
03-05-10, 04:21 PM
Thats bull,its only true if you are in a raiding guild,the achievement system largely prevents access to most HC dungeons/raid pugs.You can't even take a piss without showing a achievement for it first.I play on a PVP server,before you didn't really need raiding.You could still get decent pvp gear,weapons etc by playing a ****load of battlegrounds or some arena.

Actually not true at all. Though one can be asked to link an achi for a VoA, ICC, or TotC; fact is that with emblems of triumph being delled out from all the heroic bosses, 2 frosts being given out for the daily heroic, and another 5 for the weekly raid (which is almost always rofl Naxx, and in this I'm finding Anub'Rekhan to be very, very boring at this point); this is the current deal.

Farm heroics, purchase tier 9 off emblems, well the iLvl 232 variant.
With other triumph gear, there's a couple iLvl 245 items one can get (ring, trinket, etc). Downgrading one can get a belt from conquest

Now what one can't get there, they can farm ICC 5 man, and get iLvl 232 off heroics, though a lucky drop on a battered hilt is an iLvl 251 or there abouts weap.

It really is too easy these days. One doesn't really even have to hit up a raid anymore to hit tier 9ish lvl gear anymore. Now with 14 frosts per week (the daily heroic), one could also have got a few emblem of frost gears by now (such as the cloak, or some starting tier 10, a belt, etc. It's also not impossible to find an odd VoA group (they might not be the most common) that will take one who doesn't have the achi if their gear is OK to a tier 10 boss. Course knowing people also helps.

And as of having posted this, I have yet another char I got to almost 5k gear score, pretty much farming heroics, practically all of which was in PuGs/ and this time was over on a PvP realm.... Now if the random dungeon finder is getting groups that are voting you out after doing the match making, simply because an alt doesn't have the achi to some stupid 5 man :rofl And no comment on some. I've been in so many PuGs where my hunter was pulling > 40% or even a few times like 47% of the DPS/damage for the 5 man party; I simply couldn't take those remotely seriously anymore. However when many can pull > 4.5k or even 5k dps in a 5 man, some are simply being difficult (all aren't as such), if they get anal on something as ridiculously simple as a h VH or whatever :udawg: In fact, it's sometimes all too tempting to play around a little, especially as one can pull threat and kill stuff before it reaches one's feet, take ridiculous sized pulls (certainly with a tank going into a 5 man with nearly 50k hp), etc. Now wanting an achi to a place that actually is a challenge; but seriously outside of the ICC 5 man heroics, we're practically at the point where we were when kara wasn't a serious raid anymore, and was little more then a joke/the new badge farming heroic. People are just way OP for them with all the gear out there now, even with a new char or 2, just starting to gear... I've seen plenty of PuGs through the random dungeon finder where well, they simply aren't.

It's certainly doable, and I've met more then a few of the same opinion. We simply don't do heroic 5 mans on our geared chars anymore, unless we're:

- helping a guildie
- helping a friend
- going after an achievement
- doing the daily heroic for frosts (triumphs being practically useless)
- just want something to pass the time
- gearing a newer alt

Otherwise, the idea of bothering could be a lil zzzz :D

doddsy
03-05-10, 04:33 PM
So...
I just downloaded the 10 day free trial, and i'm addicted.

this made me smile.

this is how i started .. almost 4 years ago :)

i've generally take break for the summer though. its a simpler game in a lot of ways than it used to be - and painfully easy to level now.

Pally's are hard to beat - roll a drood too :)

level your fishing and cooking and trade skills as you go.....you'll not be sorry.

sammy sung
03-06-10, 10:09 AM
Actually not true at all. Though one can be asked to link an achi for a VoA, ICC, or TotC; fact is that with emblems of triumph being delled out from all the heroic bosses, 2 frosts being given out for the daily heroic, and another 5 for the weekly raid (which is almost always rofl Naxx, and in this I'm finding Anub'Rekhan to be very, very boring at this point); this is the current deal.

Farm heroics, purchase tier 9 off emblems, well the iLvl 232 variant.
With other triumph gear, there's a couple iLvl 245 items one can get (ring, trinket, etc). Downgrading one can get a belt from conquest

Now what one can't get there, they can farm ICC 5 man, and get iLvl 232 off heroics, though a lucky drop on a battered hilt is an iLvl 251 or there abouts weap.

It really is too easy these days. One doesn't really even have to hit up a raid anymore to hit tier 9ish lvl gear anymore. Now with 14 frosts per week (the daily heroic), one could also have got a few emblem of frost gears by now (such as the cloak, or some starting tier 10, a belt, etc. It's also not impossible to find an odd VoA group (they might not be the most common) that will take one who doesn't have the achi if their gear is OK to a tier 10 boss. Course knowing people also helps.

And as of having posted this, I have yet another char I got to almost 5k gear score, pretty much farming heroics, practically all of which was in PuGs/ and this time was over on a PvP realm.... Now if the random dungeon finder is getting groups that are voting you out after doing the match making, simply because an alt doesn't have the achi to some stupid 5 man :rofl And no comment on some. I've been in so many PuGs where my hunter was pulling > 40% or even a few times like 47% of the DPS/damage for the 5 man party; I simply couldn't take those remotely seriously anymore. However when many can pull > 4.5k or even 5k dps in a 5 man, some are simply being difficult (all aren't as such), if they get anal on something as ridiculously simple as a h VH or whatever :udawg: In fact, it's sometimes all too tempting to play around a little, especially as one can pull threat and kill stuff before it reaches one's feet, take ridiculous sized pulls (certainly with a tank going into a 5 man with nearly 50k hp), etc. Now wanting an achi to a place that actually is a challenge; but seriously outside of the ICC 5 man heroics, we're practically at the point where we were when kara wasn't a serious raid anymore, and was little more then a joke/the new badge farming heroic. People are just way OP for them with all the gear out there now, even with a new char or 2, just starting to gear... I've seen plenty of PuGs through the random dungeon finder where well, they simply aren't.

It's certainly doable, and I've met more then a few of the same opinion. We simply don't do heroic 5 mans on our geared chars anymore, unless we're:

- helping a guildie
- helping a friend
- going after an achievement
- doing the daily heroic for frosts (triumphs being practically useless)
- just want something to pass the time
- gearing a newer alt

Otherwise, the idea of bothering could be a lil zzzz :D

This was before the dungeon finder,atleast before i discovered and started using it but now its all about gs instead.I understand it to some extent,that people do need a certain level gear for some raids.But when people want 5300 gs + for naxx ? Gear that makes that gamescore possible wasnt even around when naxx was played often,i find that retarded.

Today a joker wanted 5200 gs for obsidian sanctum of all places :rolleyes: I have 2 chars close to 5500 gs now but the idea of lining up in middle dalaran for gear inspeaction like some silly covert military op just makes me cringe,wont partake in something that assenine.

lognoronon
03-07-10, 10:10 AM
Things like that get me mad. Those raids were meant to be done in heroic level gear not require TOC or above to do something as simple as say Patchwerk.