PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43

Yaboze
12-14-10, 12:27 PM
What I meant was, you are not totally safe in your home city. If you are flagged, you can die in your home city.

You can't fight in the Sanctuary areas and are safe there.

Son Goku
12-31-10, 07:10 PM
What I meant was, you are not totally safe in your home city. If you are flagged, you can die in your home city.

You can't fight in the Sanctuary areas and are safe there.

That's not a difference PvE vs PvP server though. It isn't uncommon practice for people, raiding an opposing city to hang out near the battle masters, and pop people off while they leave battleground. That has occured on PvE realms also. Or the lil nasty someone did with an obnoxious player of opposing faction who wasn't flaged.

There were 3 of us, out by Kharanos. They killed the NPCs, a bunch of us arrived, but after dieing the person waited the 5 mins, then resed, and stood around taunting people but wouldn't flag. So, one person mentioned "challenge that fool to a duel, and right after he accepts type

/forfeit

:rofl

Well he did, and sure enough he was able to "duel" attack, accept because of the forfeit, it counted as an actual PvP strike. He got flagged, we ganked :lol2:

Where the PvP enters in on this, is that if one hearths back from a contested area, they will still be flagged; but then if someone hearths out of WG, or now Tol Barad, they will be flagged whether it's a PvE or a PvP realm. If they take an fp however, naturally the flagging gets cleared and on a PvP realm only returns if one lands in a contested area.

Son Goku
12-31-10, 07:33 PM
Ya know, the downside of just how easy they made things in wraith (though it was a pages old discussion), comes to light in cata, when well, people who had it easy are not prepared for the expansion. And naturally the consequence for many is wishing the vote to kick option didn't have a cooldown. What one can end up seeing is PuGs that can't make it through normal, tanks and healers who argue about which one is bad as people are leaving the group, etc.

My past several days (well today I got the daily heroic for valor points in a guild group), but had fallen along the lines of h blackrock caverns. I'm random queued in on the second boss, after I don't know how many wipes, but everyone else was repairing. So at boss, someone can't negotiate the beam, so they become a dragonkin/wipe. Take 2, now the mob becomes a dragonkin, wipe. And it's wipe, wipe, wipe, wipe, wipe, everytime, the same guy.

At this point, and my guy having 248 average iLvl, and except for 1 trinket nothing he can get from heroics, and inching closer and closer to the daily reset, am beginning to ask if we can just skip this boss at this point, and get the valor points. I'd like them before the daily reset, so I don't lose a days worth. Some want to try again, and wipe, wipe, wipe, oh now I need to repair. And how many times they had full repairs before, dunno.

The healer didn't like skipping, so left, someone else PuGed in, and all I can say with the final boss down was good ridance. That one guy, no matter how much anything was explained, how many times things were wiped on, he just never learned anything.

Day before, PuGed into cookie in heroic VC, tank died, the other 2 DPS died, finally maneaged to down it on my hunter, with just me and the healer still alive. Now some might question the heals, but and this said, surely a tank should be easier to keep alive then a mail wearing DPS and himself without a tank, so....

For all intents and purposes, as we went from there, through the nightmare run, to the final boss, I was carrying them. The tank kept dieing, on trash even, with me having to finish stuff off. And outside of myself, well we had 85 dps that could only do 3k dps, with me pulling like 12k+... In the end, I did 50% of the damage for the group, and sadly in PuGs, it isn't an uncommon experience.

ATM, I kinda avoid PuGs, and tbh missed some of the valor points I might have otherwise got, simply because of how painful PuGing with many people can be. Same goes with the healer with only 40k mana in 45 instances, the DPS tank, who thought he could chain pull entire rooms, and kept doing the same thing, as he wondered (but couldn't understand) how he was dieing in 2 seconds flat.

Oh, and the argument between the tank and healers who started yelling that the other is a n00b and a retard, came down to the tank wanting to skip a pull in lost city. The healer told him it can't be skipped, and he accused the healer of pulling mobs, with a stand here, take 2 they all were, and the same group wiped everyone. So then commenced the shouting match, which the 3 DPS would rather not have heard. The tank and healer then both rage quit, insisting the other one was the idiot :rofl

So is how it goes, when after having had it so easy, for so long; these self same people who got used to face rolling everything in Wraith, comes face to face with Cataclysm :p I think many I've known have been on cooldown for initiating vote to kick, more often then not; and many healers and tanks disgusted with it, have unilaterly decided to stop pulling trash until either so and so agrees to leave, or vote to kick cd wears off.

sammy sung
01-01-11, 10:31 AM
Sofar in cata the huge amount of profession grinding is a disappointment,lw is insane.Also the fact that not even the endbosses in cata hc 5 man dungeons drop epic loot.It's crap tbh,every epic and several superior items you can craft use chaos orbs and theyre bop that only drops in hc's.Wich i wouldn't have had issues with apart from the fact that the items you craft are boe,this makes it even better for the goldsellers :thumbdwn: Every epic plate item costs like 10-30 k so in essence theyve made this game even MORE interesting to accstealers,scammers etc .

Blizzard said they made these changes because epics are supposed to be harder to get,more effort is needed,atm though all you need is gold.

qube
01-20-11, 06:22 PM
SPOILER WARNING

i am a noob in WOw and i am at a mission with the bravo company at red ridge something.
AND i canīt find the Blackrock tower anywhere. I found the munitions hut and place a charge, but the tower nex to the munitions hut isnīt the "tower" where is it then?

asus try this site its good www.wowhead.com if you are stuck

jeffmd
01-22-11, 05:18 PM
Sammy, quit your bitching cause they don't hand out epics because you can win a heroic. good god.. they make epics worth something now and people complain.

Tradeskills are no harder to max out now then back in wotlk, in fact Blacksmithing required you to obtain orbs and craft epic pieces for the last 10 levels in wotlk. In cataclysm you can craft the pvp pieces up to max level using ore and elements.

Also its kinda funny but uncommon gems are worth more then rare gems cause multiple tradeskills use them be converted. About the only tradeskill I think is suffering is tailoring cause the epic cloth armor they make uses a special cloth that is no drop, and must be made by the tailor. They are given a handful of recipes that make the cloth, each one being pretty much "use craploads of this material (elements, orbs, cloth) to make one epic cloth", and each one of those are on a 7 day cooldown. A tailor could make one piece of epic armor in a week if they obtain a crap ton of different elements and are willing to burn orbs, other wise it could be several weeks to make something.

lIqUID
01-24-11, 03:22 PM
I didn't have trouble maxing my leatherworking at all. I've cleared all heroics multiple times a as a pretty casual player. Now I am pissed off at about 99% of the playerbase I've run into. When you pug heroics you truly realize how bad the vast majority of WOW players are. This game isn't hard if you have 2 working braincells. I got tired of toting people every night and closed my account. I'm not saying I won't come back, but I'm exploring other options right now.

CaptnStubing
01-24-11, 04:36 PM
Cata killed WoW for me. It is a big huge rehash. The new content was cool but there was so little of it. I have no interest in going back and doing the rehased quests. I did the new expansion and now I am out. It was fun but meh, other games are filling my mmo need.

BTW, why should 5 man bosses drop epics? I hated that about the last two expansions. You had to be EPICED out to do any higher end dungeons.

I liked the game of WoW but I have always hated the culture. The people in WoW are completely disgusting. That game brings out the worst in people.

sammy sung
01-24-11, 09:19 PM
Cata killed WoW for me. It is a big huge rehash. The new content was cool but there was so little of it. I have no interest in going back and doing the rehased quests. I did the new expansion and now I am out. It was fun but meh, other games are filling my mmo need.

BTW, why should 5 man bosses drop epics? I hated that about the last two expansions. You had to be EPICED out to do any higher end dungeons.

I liked the game of WoW but I have always hated the culture. The people in WoW are completely disgusting. That game brings out the worst in people.

Agreed but people who play fps games online aren't much different, i played unreal/unreal tournament/ut2003/ut2004/UT3 from 1998-2008. Played tons of tournaments,cups etc hosted by clanbase.com and people who play that can be everybit as much of a tool as wow players. The only difference is that a LOT of wow players actually defend the developers and act like some selfappointed mini-mods and nothing is ever blizzard's fault, instead you get to hear L2P, qq moar etc. I hate that crowd, the malicious douchebags that can't even help people who ask for it without cracking jokes, trying to ridicule that person.

The last 2 expansion heroics bosses dropped epics, in wrath also the icecrown citadel normals+argent tournament 5 man normal did aswell. I started playing during the burning crusade and i don't give a rats ass about "vanilla" that every douchebag in trade claims to have played. If they like it so much create a new account and never upgrade, problem solved.

rant:

In bc you could actually craft some nice stuff for yourself (binds on pickup ofc) and grinding mats for them felt ok because you knew you would get a nice piece of armor etc as a reward. But now you have to play heroic 5 man to be able to craft anything apart from a blue basic pvp set for yourself. Everything uses chaos orbs wich are bop and only drop in hc's. I play this game to relax, i don't need a another job wich wow is becoming for many and you more or less have to be in a raiding guild to even have a chance to complete heroics. I can't even make a blue level 85 weapon without chaos orbs, if you can't craft anything worthwhile there's simply no point in crafting at all. Cata is killing the game for me aswell but for different reasons.

/end rant.

Ninjaman09
01-25-11, 01:00 PM

Unless you raid or do competitive PVP, the current WoW endgame is a wasteland. I don't even log on any more unless it's raid night (btw the raids are awesome).

Absolutely correct about the game community. I don't know if it's ever been worse. Fortunately I have enough friends in game that I don't need to interact with the masses of 16 year old 4chan addicts. Though, like sammy sung pointed out, pretty much any online community is like this.

I play this game to relax, i don't need a another job wich wow is becoming for many and you more or less have to be in a raiding guild to even have a chance to complete heroics.

This is an absurd statement. I was pugging heroics 3 days after release without any major problems and completed my meta achievement on December 23rd. I did maybe 2 or 3 runs a day. Some of the more difficult achievements I completed with my friends, but none of us had seen raid content by then. Our guild didn't start raiding until three weeks ago, so it's not because of that. I'm not all up in arms about people whining about the difficulty, I know it's a change, but play your class well and take some time to coordinate with your group, and any of the new heroics can be completed in 30 to 45 minutes, tops. Crafting blue 346 weapons is a colossal waste of materials. Do the ring of blood quest in Twilight Highlands for your 333 weapon then run heroics until you get a 346. BTW 346 blues are comparable in relative quality to starter epics from Wrath.

sammy sung
01-25-11, 04:45 PM
Unless you raid or do competitive PVP, the current WoW endgame is a wasteland. I don't even log on any more unless it's raid night (btw the raids are awesome).

Absolutely correct about the game community. I don't know if it's ever been worse. Fortunately I have enough friends in game that I don't need to interact with the masses of 16 year old 4chan addicts. Though, like sammy sung pointed out, pretty much any online community is like this.

This is an absurd statement. I was pugging heroics 3 days after release without any major problems and completed my meta achievement on December 23rd. I did maybe 2 or 3 runs a day. Some of the more difficult achievements I completed with my friends, but none of us had seen raid content by then. Our guild didn't start raiding until three weeks ago, so it's not because of that. I'm not all up in arms about people whining about the difficulty, I know it's a change, but play your class well and take some time to coordinate with your group, and any of the new heroics can be completed in 30 to 45 minutes, tops. Crafting blue 346 weapons is a colossal waste of materials. Do the ring of blood quest in Twilight Highlands for your 333 weapon then run heroics until you get a 346. BTW 346 blues are comparable in relative quality to starter epics from Wrath.

Whats absurd about it? I think you that not only leveled to 85 in 3 days but also got good enough gear to pug heroics successfully in that time is very far from the norm here. People are having issues, ghostcrawler even had to make a post about his wiews on the matter so it's there even if there's no problems for you personally(nor me yet). And i know that crafting blue weapons is a waste of mats but i would have liked to be able to craft them regardless. It's definatly not an absurd statement about the grinding, everytime i find or hear about a good farming spot for cloth you can be sure it will be nerfed shortly and this is what i mean about another job, i work fulltime already so having to farm for hours each night just to level your profession up kinda sucks, especially since the 16 year olds you mentioned sell the same crafted items on AH for 10% of the mats cost. I used to like the professions i had but it's completly insane now, not worth the effort.

Do it as before, make the finer plans bop dungeon drops because the effect is the same but it would save a lot of frustration for a lot of people that can't find much meaning in leveling a profession to 525. Enchanting for example, you have to disenchant epics to purchase the best enchants recipes and those epics only drop in raids OR you can make them if you have chaos orbs that only drop in heroics. All of them has maelstrom crystals as an ingredient aswell, you can't see how that can be incredibly frustrating to people ?

I used to do the daily random heroic with 6 chars in wrath but now i'm still leveling up my last char so dungeons will have to wait. My main has 341 itemlevel in both tank and dps spec but i will do tons of normals first to gear up with jp/reprewards before even attempting heroics again.

WeReWoLf
01-25-11, 04:45 PM
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/215499488_8pSZr-L-2.jpg

Just replace UT2004 with WoW... It still works.

Rakeesh
01-29-11, 06:33 AM
I just quit wow, they killed world pvp in this expansion, kinda ruined the game for me. That and they are about to uber nerf my main (feral druid.)

K007
01-29-11, 06:40 AM
i quit when they killed lich king/arthas...

jeffmd
01-30-11, 12:15 AM
I'll quit when theres something better that comes along. ;p

Yaboze
01-31-11, 09:18 AM
I love WoW, but I'm getting towards the end. The community seems to be getting worse, the B-Team running the game now seems clueless and confused as to what they want to do with the classes. They did some big nerfs in 4.x.x only to change some stuff back to some middle ground. Example, an AOE skill does 150% weapon damage, they reduce it to 60% then months later increase it to 80% (just picking numbers here).

All the loot and mob health numbers are so jacked, it's crazy. At this rate, we'll all have 1 million health by level 100 when it comes.

A fresh 80 in crap gear had maybe 30k health after the recent changes, maybe 20k pre 4.x.x. Now, a fresh 85 has over 100k health. Insane.

v3rninater
01-31-11, 10:28 AM
Well, I think what we have is culture shock, based on feedback from my guild, and others. WotLK was super noob fest r us, ez to get epics, lots of places to get epics from, ez raids, everything was ez mode, save the top top top 25mans in heroic mode.

Now WOW dev team made it closer to like it was in vanilla, and now people are crying, there isn't a lot of stuff to do in end-game, it forces people to find guilds and do raid content.

What I would like to see, is, keep some of the harder Heroic 5 man's and give epics at the last boss. Make more mediocre heroics for lvl 340-346 or possibly 350 gear. Then add a few more raid instances with new/more epic gear, and in-between Heroic 372 and 359 gear.

That way, you have a much better chance of getting epics if you are casual, but at the same time, you have a better chance of getter more epic gear in smaller guilds.

People, even as it is now, it is A BILLION TIMES MORE EASIER THEN VANILLA!!! Vanilla you didn't have half the stuff you have available to you! Quest helper is huge, random dungeon finder (cross relm) FREAKIN HUGE!!!!

Those things were the massive time sync's that everyone had in vanilla, I don't care what people think, those things made people have no life. And I'm glad it's not completely like that anymore, yeah stats are sky-high but that's how blizz is changing the game. If you think about it, they were going to include "hero classes" ever since the beginning, so one could assume that they will make that possible in the near future, especially with how stats are going.

I will say that, not everyone is a dev e-peen massager, ever since vanilla, class specific forums have always complained about the necessary nerfs and what not. So I don't really see where all the brown-nosing is coming from. MAYBE if you goto blizzcon and are trying to milk the devs for info or something or sit on their laps or w/e.

This game is pretty nice right now, my main being huntard, DPS is awesome, too bad they're nerfing surv pretty massively, which they always nerf the crap out of huntards. I'm finding that my 68 priest is actually quite fun, switching from deeps, to healing, and getting almost insta-queues!! FTW!!! It's a nice, fun-filled change and challenge, I find it almost equally as fun as with hunter. Especially when you have noob tanks pulling the whole room in sethekk halls, but getting my twink (heirloomed) priest to save the group (thank you disc shields ftw) gives me quite a sense of accomplishment. I will say that if a noob hunter fires a shot at a group because they are spamming buttons (I know cause I've done my fair share) that I will not save them due to them not FD'n or at least MD'n to tank.

Haven't lost a tank cept when the whole room gets pulled plus boss (only once and his own fault). OKAY yeah, maybe I'm stroken the peen a bit, but it's way fun, and different!

lIqUID
01-31-11, 04:36 PM
The game has become too mainstream now, and the majority of subs come from mouthbreathing knuckle dragging retards. I think we got a ton of Xbox live idiots since TBC. With each expansion afterward their numbers have increased 100 fold.

The game altogether is just stale, and I think many people are starting to see it now.

CaptnStubing
01-31-11, 04:38 PM
The game has become too mainstream now, and the majority of subs come from mouthbreathing knuckle dragging retards. I think we got a ton of Xbox live idiots, since TBC has with each expansion after their numbers have increased 100 fold.

The game altogether is just stale, and I think many people are starting to see it now.

There isn't any difference between PC gamers and console gamers save for a keyboard and mouse. They both act the same. Trying to pretend PC gamers are a higher form of gamer is silly.

sammy sung
01-31-11, 06:33 PM
There isn't any difference between PC gamers and console gamers save for a keyboard and mouse. They both act the same. Trying to pretend PC gamers are a higher form of gamer is silly.

+400 ****ing million.

Wow players are and have been for the 4 years i've played it among the rudest,most assenine brownnosing elitist assholes to grace the internetz.It's the same in most games though regardless of format, PC or Consoles, with wow for instance you just notice it so much more because of the massive number of people playing it.

CaptnStubing
01-31-11, 10:55 PM
+400 ****ing million.

Wow players are and have been for the 4 years i've played it among the rudest,most assenine brownnosing elitist assholes to grace the internetz.It's the same in most games though regardless of format, PC or Consoles, with wow for instance you just notice it so much more because of the massive number of people playing it.

Oh I agree. WoW players are friking pathetic. For such a easy game to play they act as if they are doing something meaningful with their lives.

My point is there isn't much different between teh attitudes of the platforms

Ninjaman09
02-01-11, 09:07 AM
+400 ****ing million.

You think this attitude is any different from the "brownnosing elitist assholes" (whatever that is supposed to mean)? Just because you take the polar opposite point of view doesn't make it any less obnoxious. Most WoW players either play solo or with their friends. Many of them are perfectly civil and will be receptive to requests for help, grouping for dungeons, etc. All of the complaints you have made about the game stem from your own attitude and unwillingness to try to get along with other people.

Almost NO good guilds have a large group of members that act high-and-mighty or better than other people. Players you encounter who belittle you or act rudely for no reason are usually pretty awful themselves and should simply be ignored. The vast majority of the time they are simply trolls - same thing, ignore them. Unless you play on a very low population server, you just aren't trying at all to meet like-minded people to enjoy the game with.

If you're just burned out on the game or don't enjoy it anymore, just cancel your subscription and stop playing. No reason to whine about the community and make broad generalizations when you're talking about a very specific and vocal minority of players.

sammy sung
02-01-11, 10:52 AM
You think this attitude is any different from the "brownnosing elitist assholes" (whatever that is supposed to mean)? Just because you take the polar opposite point of view doesn't make it any less obnoxious. Most WoW players either play solo or with their friends. Many of them are perfectly civil and will be receptive to requests for help, grouping for dungeons, etc. All of the complaints you have made about the game stem from your own attitude and unwillingness to try to get along with other people.

Almost NO good guilds have a large group of members that act high-and-mighty or better than other people. Players you encounter who belittle you or act rudely for no reason are usually pretty awful themselves and should simply be ignored. The vast majority of the time they are simply trolls - same thing, ignore them. Unless you play on a very low population server, you just aren't trying at all to meet like-minded people to enjoy the game with.

If you're just burned out on the game or don't enjoy it anymore, just cancel your subscription and stop playing. No reason to whine about the community and make broad generalizations when you're talking about a very specific and vocal minority of players.

:lol:

Try asking a question in a public channel and see what you get , read blizzards forum and deal with the selfappointed mini GM's that kiss blizzards ass every chance they get or play battlegrounds use the dungeon tool etc.A lot of people are elitist assholes in this game,you must play a different game or have half of your server on ignore to miss that fact.

Ignoring people helps to a certain extent but it doesn't affect what they are.If you play in a descent guild and have fun, good for you but as you seem to play this game more than the average (your post about playing level 85 heroics 3 days after the cata expansion release is a perfect example of that) your experiences will be different than mine.I have fun aswell but for different reasons, for me it's the company i keep while playing and not the game itself.How many times have you had to leave the trade channel because of the ANAL jokes for instance ? You can't ignore them all, it might be different on a US/aus server perhaps.

Other than that let's agree to disagree, k ?

Ninjaman09
02-02-11, 12:40 PM
:lol:

Try asking a question in a public channel and see what you get , read blizzards forum and deal with the selfappointed mini GM's that kiss blizzards ass every chance they get or play battlegrounds use the dungeon tool etc.A lot of people are elitist assholes in this game,you must play a different game or have half of your server on ignore to miss that fact.

What don't you understand about "vocal minority"? Trade chat is nothing but trolls on every server. You'll notice it's often the same several players each day. You think that is representative of a large portion of the player base? How long have you been playing this game? How long have you been using the internet? Sure there are a lot of elitist assholes, and for each one, there are many more normal people (and many times they're perfectly good players).

Ignoring people helps to a certain extent but it doesn't affect what they are.If you play in a descent guild and have fun, good for you but as you seem to play this game more than the average (your post about playing level 85 heroics 3 days after the cata expansion release is a perfect example of that) your experiences will be different than mine.I have fun aswell but for different reasons, for me it's the company i keep while playing and not the game itself.How many times have you had to leave the trade channel because of the ANAL jokes for instance ? You can't ignore them all, it might be different on a US/aus server perhaps.

I play WoW 2 days a week - Wed and Thurs night, to raid. We raid 3 hours a night. That's six hours a week. Sometimes I'll log on to do a daily quest or level an alt a bit, but no more than 10 hours per week total played since the first week of Cata (when I did play a lot). When leveling alts I will run into non-guildies and random dungeon finder players, and most of the time they're successful runs. By the way it takes about 8-10 hours of played time to level from 80 to 85, not exactly a huge time investment.

I have never left trade channel or put another player on /ignore. I am a big boy and I can handle when people make ribald jokes or tasteless comments. I can take a total stranger criticizing me without it hurting my ego and making me emo-rage about it. I can enjoy this game despite the dregs of its player base because it's just a video game and there are plenty of fun things to do with it other than whine about the other people that play it.

I will not "agree to disagree" with you. It's your attitude that is causing all your problems, nothing more. Like I said, grow a pair, make some friends, and quit whining. You'll find the game is perfectly fun to play if you do. And, if you are just tired of playing WoW, cancel your subscription and don't play it. If your closest friends in the game are trade channel trolls, I wouldn't blame you for leaving.

sammy sung
02-02-11, 12:50 PM
I will not comment further, i don't agree with you but on the other hand i don't care what you think either.