PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

vampireuk
03-09-05, 03:37 AM
I grind the cats in STV if I need a bit of cash, 7 silver per whisker. Although I've moved onto enraged elementals in the badlands now, mainly for core of the earth so I can smith the shatterer. :D

Skrot
03-09-05, 08:55 AM
I have 400 gold. Only 500g left until level 60 mount... so far away.

Mmm cheese.

Sorrow
03-09-05, 09:52 AM
like 3 kills from 27 :)

Just did RFK for first time as horde, was sweet, no Corpsemaker this time around though :( (ENHANCEMENT SHAMANS FOR THE WIN!)

UDawg
03-09-05, 11:21 AM
Let ask you guys this. I was in a duel with a 33 hunter and I am a 33 warrior. I said we will duel but leave your 33 cat out. He didn't respond but I accepted already. So he sicks the cat on me and takes the usual pot shots from afar. I then kill the cat and get him down to just under half by using retaliation. My question is WTF good is it dueling a player when they have an animal? To me it is obsurd to fight two against one. I had no chance of winning. I said why did you not leave the cat out? He said that's the way it goes and any way who cares I won. Little prick. To me dueling should be between the same classes.

This all started when we were PVP against horde out front of Stromgarde. They keep targeting me because I was the lowest lvl and this pissy little warrior 34lvl troll would just sneak around and finish me off. I said fight me straight up and he did and I blasted him since all my armor is enchanted and I have just over 2k in total armor. Any way that was when i fought that hunter. He said for me to shut up and such when all I wanted was a one on one fight with that warrior.

Needless to say we constantly kicked the crap out of the horde but they had to retreat into a NPC Orc area which was smart but stipid at the same time. The only drew more alliance around because of a quest in the area. LOL

Another time we had that warrior troll dancing around trying to taunt us into following him to a 60 rouge that was stealth. Well he turned on PVP but I had full rage from a potien and clicked retaliation and wipped him out in no time flat. My whole guild was laughing thier arsses of on team speak because this lowley lvl 33 warrior just wasted one lvl up in the same class and it was like me fighting a lvl 20 warrior. My shinning moment.

The duel still pissed me off. I just don't think dueling is fun unless you are fighting the same class. Yes I have beaten other classes and I am not that good at dueling but to say you beat someone when you sicked their pet on them is pretty dumb IMO.

Ninjaman09
03-09-05, 11:42 AM
First of all, if PVP is what you're interested in, the Warrior is the worst class you could have picked. Not because they aren't good, but because they're very difficult to use effectively. First of all, you need to stance switch, especially on hunters. You NEVER attack a pet. EVER. It's a waste of time and accomplishes nothing. Start with a Charge to get some rage, followed by Hamstring and Rend. Stay on him and don't let him get out of melee range unless you plan to use Intercept (which you should). Use Sunder Armor as much as you can and keep up your Hamstring. If he gets out of melee range switch to Berserker Stance and Intercept. In fact, if the fight is going well, you should use Intercept as much as you can. Don't forget about your Overpower either. It's sick when fighting Rogues. Execute 4 teh win.

Against casters you're pretty much up the creek. Sorry.

And no offense but if I was a hunter and you asked me to duel without my pet, I'd tell you to shut up too. Hunters aren't tanks and they can't deal out as much melee damage as a warrior so they need to rely on range and their pets to survive. In a 1-on-1 with a hunter who couldn't use his pet in melee range, he'd never have a chance.

UDawg
03-09-05, 01:30 PM
That was my point about sticking to fighting your own class. That was why I was challenging the troll. He was a warrior and a lvl up from me. This hunter didn't like that. I say don't act ****ey and say you beat a warrior with your pet. I stick to fighting warriors because it is a fair fight. He can't beat me with out the pet and he knows it so keep your ego in check and realize you cannot beat me one on one. My mistake was accepting the duel before we agreed to ditch the cat. Other wise I would not have dueld because it would be a waste of time because it was i the middle of the raid.

I dont mind losing duels cuz you learn a lot about fighting but just be a gentleman about it. At the end of the deul he said STFU I took care of you. I said ya with a cat and It was not you whom I was asking to fight it was another WARRIOR WHO WAS A LVL UP ON ME.

That stupid hunter was complaining because we would divide them up with our tactics and they keep coming back for more. They even out numbered us also and we still kicked arsse. It was not our fault they had no tactics.

Ninjaman09
03-09-05, 01:34 PM
You didn't have to fight his pet. The main reason hunters win duels is because the other player attacks the pet instead of the hunter. Anyway it sure sounds like this guy was a jerk, that's the danger of playing MMORPGs I guess. :)

UDawg
03-09-05, 01:40 PM
Yeah it was fine and I did get excited over it. I also learned as you said to not fight the pet. I could have used my version of fear to drive the pet off for 5 seconds and it would have been over. It was good in the sense I learned a bit about dueling other classes.

Ninjaman09
03-09-05, 02:35 PM
Yep, and dueling can be loads of fun once you get good at it. I never really do it much with my warrior but my rogue has had plenty of PVP experience.

robrr2000
03-09-05, 03:24 PM
Well.. I have been convinced.
I bought the game today and gave myself a weeks vacation to try it out.

I hope I enjoy it as much as you all seem to be.

Ninjaman09
03-09-05, 03:28 PM
I hope so too! It really is one of my favorite games ever. :)

Sorrow
03-09-05, 05:00 PM
I'm a shaman, lvl 27 almost 28 now, I LOVE running up to those damn NE hunters while their fighting something in ashenvale and frost shocking their pet and then chasing them down and kicking their ASS :) I can't STAND hunters and will kill them (or any alliance for that matter) whenever I see one.

WeReWoLf
03-09-05, 06:13 PM
sorrow, ur an ass... lol

Yeah it was fine and I did get excited over it. I also learned as you said to not fight the pet. I could have used my version of fear to drive the pet off for 5 seconds and it would have been over. It was good in the sense I learned a bit about dueling other classes.

Intimidating shout, and it makes em run off for 8 secs.

ChrisRay
03-09-05, 08:58 PM
My priest got 43 today, And I really am liking her. Shadow Form is awesome Though I wish people would get the idea that Shadow Priests cant heal out of their heads. oy I swear..

lognoronon
03-09-05, 09:06 PM
Most people get that idea because they see a shadow priest stay in shadow form during groups which is stupid on the priests part. I have a 55 human priest atm that's shadow/disc until 60 then I'll switch to holy/disc for raiding.

retsam
03-09-05, 09:23 PM
I hope so too! It really is one of my favorite games ever.
amen to that .... what a great game .

Sorrow
03-09-05, 09:37 PM
booyah, my first actual PvP raid on firetree, my shaman owns and frost shocking people hahaha

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/s0rr0ws/Wowpvp.jpg

Ninjaman09
03-09-05, 10:58 PM
Damn it, turn the texture detail up and crank the anisotropy! I can't stand seeing a good video card go to waste! :D

vampireuk
03-10-05, 03:39 AM
sorrow, ur an ass... lol

Intimidating shout, and it makes em run off for 8 secs.

Just never ever ever use it in a instance :D

I can't wait for the warrior update with the next patch, less misses and more rage. For stance switching remember you need tactical mastery, I'm also hoping Blizzard do as they say they are going to do and take a look at blood thirst after they nerfed the hell out of it, I'm making a bloodthirst build. :D

Ninjaman09
03-10-05, 09:31 AM
Yes, currently Bloodthirst sucks a big one. For now I'm 31/5/2, with a goal of 31/5/15 for 60. I was pursuing a Fury build for a while but once I switched to Arms I couldn't believe how much more effective and flexible my character was.

Sorrow
03-10-05, 10:07 AM
Damn it, turn the texture detail up and crank the anisotropy! I can't stand seeing a good video card go to waste! :D

Detail is maxed! And it's saved as jpeg so image quality sucks big time. But I dislike rogues so much! I was getting gang-banged by like 2 rogues all the time, like constant stun locks :(

Tyr-Sog
03-10-05, 10:27 AM
I'm building a undead rogue(lvl 26) soley to gank, raid and make lowbies/same lvls/higher lvls miserable as all hell. He will be no part of a guild and a true miserable rogue plagueing the country side. :D

On the flip side I have a 48 shammy(that I dont use anymore) and a 38 Dwarf priest which is my main. The priest makes up for my evil intent of the rogue. :p

Sorrow
03-10-05, 11:40 AM
Shadow priests are the most annoying to fight, hunters aren't as annoying because I can cure everything they throw at me, priests though, grr I hate shadow DoTs

Ninjaman09
03-10-05, 12:26 PM
Detail is maxed! And it's saved as jpeg so image quality sucks big time. But I dislike rogues so much! I was getting gang-banged by like 2 rogues all the time, like constant stun locks :(
Oh, duh, I'm retarded. Anyway rogue stunlocks are awesome if you're the rogue doing the stun-locking. :D

WeReWoLf
03-10-05, 08:33 PM
I kicked the ass of an asian farmer last night. she wasn't very happy that i wandered into her "area". Lvl 56 warrior against a lvl 60 rogue.