PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

UDawg
03-14-05, 10:34 AM
My main quest partner for green and yellow quest is a priest. While I love having him with me, most the time I do all the work but I like it that way. He gets pissed when I pull a mob and then marvels how I pull it out killing 4 lvl 30s LOL. I do need him but it is still a kick to watch him squirm. Now if we can just some how get priests to stop pressing the DUMB BUTTON when they get attacked. Why is it they always run aroun like chickens with their heads cut off? I say STOP RUNNING! they say I CANT THEY ARE ON ME. I say JUST DIE IF YOU HAVE TO, we can come and do it again. The point is we have a better chance of getting through that rough patch if they would not run around agro all of creation. LOL! Other than that I won't go on a quest with out a priest. They save us from long treck back from the grave yard.

Sorrow
03-14-05, 10:38 AM
I got lvl 30 almost lvl 31 now with my shaman. I love his new axe, the corpsemaker from RFK! and in less than 1 more level i can use the pronged cleaver which is 24dps, that's only 5less dps than my 2h axe. But to my story; i went and tried my axe pvp style with windfurry, and i must say, it kicks ASS! I think for PvP i'll use the axe even though it's only 28.9dps and my axe which is 1h is 24dps, because the massive dps i put out when windfurry procs.

Ninjaman09
03-14-05, 10:42 AM
Why is it they always run aroun like chickens with their heads cut off? I say STOP RUNNING!
Oh no kidding, I can't freaking stand it when they do this. It makes it so much harder for me to get the aggro off when I keep seeing "Facing in the wrong direction!" Heh but most non-noob priests don't do this anyway.
Now imagine yourself as the meatshield in a group, holding the aggro while the others wear down one at a time. Several elites beating the hell out of you....and the priest does not heal. Would that not annoy you ever so slightly?
I've never grouped with a priest that didn't heal. I guess it would annoy me but I can't imagine being in an instance higher than Deadmines or Ragefire with a priest that doesn't understand his role in the group.

Tyr-Sog
03-14-05, 02:15 PM
I understand the priest completely, it doesn't stop you guys from sucking and losing half your health from a butter knife :p

I have yet to see a priest go after a decent level horde on my server, they run off even after we tell them to stay and heal to find a low level they can gank. Also anybody who groups with me is priviledged because I hold aggro like nobody else....now if only those lazy priests would heal me so I can continue to hold it :thumbsup:

And don't get me started on two priests mind controlling two elites in a instance...jesus christ. I prefer going with paladins, they take damage and they heal. :p

I can only imagine what you're like in a group. I'll put money on it your one of those guys I'd stop healing really fast. :rolleyes:

Tyr-Sog
03-14-05, 02:18 PM
Priests still suck :p I'm always chasing after the buggers to pull aggro off them so their cloth pants don't get soiled :angel:

Warriors suck. I've yet to have one beat my priest at same lvl or with in 3 lvls above me.

Warriors suck, I have to heal them or shield and fear because they can't hold aggro worth a ****.

Have I pissed farther yet? :angel:

UDawg
03-14-05, 02:26 PM
LOL I know ur kidding but the thing I hate is non class against class dueling. There is NO defence against spells. We can take psysical damage but we are defenceless against spells. I really hate it when a priest and other thing they are so hot because they beat a warrior. OK get rid of the spells and lets fight. The reply is "Well with out the spells i am defenceless" EXACTLY! With out protection against spells we are defenceless. It makes complete sense to me to duel with in your own classes.

Tyr-Sog
03-14-05, 05:01 PM
Best wow thread ever..lol

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=1927289&P=1

UDawg
03-14-05, 05:22 PM
I am more teh dumb for reading some of those posts. A complete wast of time. It seems to me that they have never played CS.LOL

ChrisRay
03-14-05, 07:07 PM
Priests have 3 options for defense when things take aggro on them. The first one is fear and its not very viable. It will only likely pull more on you. Unless its outdoor scenerio Its not really a good idea. The second one is fade. Which will work 60% of the time. And Shadow Priests are likely to have "Improved Fade". Assuming it works. It should lasts 10-20 seconds dependent on talents. Which is a fairly decent amount of time to get aggro back. The last is Power Word: Shield. Which will protect the Priest. But will actually increase the priests hate. NPCS hate this spell when they are already mad at you.

We can also spam flash heal on ourselves as well. Which usually can work. A Priest isnt going to run around though. Especially in an instance. Thats suicide.

demonized
03-14-05, 07:14 PM
Best wow thread ever..lol

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=1927289&P=1

lol, lots of gay angry players.

vampireuk
03-14-05, 07:15 PM
I can only imagine what you're like in a group. I'll put money on it your one of those guys I'd stop healing really fast. :rolleyes:

Because I expect people to perform their roles? If you refuse to heal somebody because they tell you what your role is you are not welcome in our groups. I perform my role in the group perfectly and expect the same back from the other members, but how dare I expect that right? :thumbsup:

The first one is fear and its not very viable. It will only likely pull more on you.

Anybody who uses fear in a instance needs their bollocks cutting off with a spoon.

Tyr-Sog
03-14-05, 08:11 PM
Because I expect people to perform their roles? If you refuse to heal somebody because they tell you what your role is you are not welcome in our groups. I perform my role in the group perfectly and expect the same back from the other members, but how dare I expect that right?

Yep, you're one of them. :thumbsup:

ChrisRay
03-14-05, 08:16 PM
Because I expect people to perform their roles? If you refuse to heal somebody because they tell you what your role is you are not welcome in our groups. I perform my role in the group perfectly and expect the same back from the other members, but how dare I expect that right? :thumbsup:

Anybody who uses fear in a instance needs their bollocks cutting off with a spoon.

Again. A Priests only role in this game is not healing. Maybe you should go back to EQ 1. I think you'll be happier there. Blizzard clearly stated that Priests were not to be healbots when they made this game.

Tyr-Sog
03-14-05, 08:40 PM
Again. A Priests only role in this game is not healing. Maybe you should go back to EQ 1. I think you'll be happier there. Blizzard clearly stated that Priests were not to be healbots when they made this game.

I think his priest issues stem to his in game attitude and that of what he represents here. Most priests arn't gonna put up with it and rightfully so. They probablly get pissed and stop healing or focus more of the energy on others in the group who deserve it. He inturn just assumes they're poor healers and have no clue in what they are doing.

A priests job isn't to keep the instance group constantly healed, it's to keep the group alive and going. If I warn a tank not to pull ahead because I need mana and they do, they die, I regen mana and I take my time to res them. If some hot headed mage nukes, pulls a bunch of aggro, he can die, I'll heal and keep the others alive and again, regen mana a res him. People become really selfish when they have a priest in the group and I have no clue why, it's really our rules if we want it to be.

If the group continues to act like that then I split. 10 other groups are waiting for a healer outside. It's the perk of being the least used class and the one that heals the best.

Oh thats right, that pally going to heal ya through that instance. rofl..

vampireuk
03-15-05, 03:04 AM
Again with the deleting of the posts chris? Since when is it acceptable for two members to act like arseholes(outside the PF) about something as little as a game. I was voicing complaints due to my own personal experiences and you two little kids came crawling out from under your rocks to whine cry and act like general idiots.

ChrisRay
03-15-05, 03:06 AM
There's a difference between voicing your opinion. And starting to flame people. No one here insulted you. They suggested they would never group with you and questioned your ability at playing the game. But I have overlooked this thread and have seen no "Flames" towards you. At least not since the discussion about Priests and you began.

vampireuk
03-15-05, 03:08 AM
You both acted like a bunch of first class arseholes instead of bothering to read what I was saying. Take note of my pm suggesting you blow something out of a body cavity.

ChrisRay
03-15-05, 03:09 AM
Why? Because we didnt agree with your opinion and over generalising statements? Your comments happen to be one of my biggest pet peeves about being a priest class. People who assume they always know what my role is and exactly what I should be doing. I still wasnt flaming you other than pointing out what I felt was an incredibly short sited opinion on your part.. If you actually read the Priest forums. You will find my that mine and his sentiments are shared similarly with many priests within in the forum.

Had someone came in and said "Warriors suck, They cant hold aggro, Or tank. And are never in defensive form when tanking elite dungeons". How would you have reacted? You probably would have corrected oversights on their generalising statements about the class.

vampireuk
03-15-05, 03:16 AM
I would have agreed that many warriors do in fact suck, my intention was not to say the entire priest class sucks as they are very useful if played correctly. We don't force the priests in our guild to heal 24 hours a day but we make them understand that when we are in a instance we need them to heal, our 4 tanks can dish out more than enough damage to take the mobs but we need our priest to be watching out for health. I don't boss people around I just inform them of what the job is before the instance starts, if they don't do the job in the instance I remind them again, if they still don't do it then I get bloody annoyed. Having 4 elites beating on you and not getting healed starts to hurt after a while.

How about we move onto something we can all agree on, warlocks suck. :p

ChrisRay
03-15-05, 03:23 AM
I would have agreed that many warriors do in fact suck, my intention was not to say the entire priest class sucks as they are very useful if played correctly. We don't force the priests in our guild to heal 24 hours a day but we make them understand that when we are in a instance we need them to heal, our 4 tanks can dish out more than enough damage to take the mobs but we need our priest to be watching out for health. I don't boss people around I just inform them of what the job is before the instance starts, if they don't do the job in the instance I remind them again, if they still don't do it then I get bloody annoyed. Having 4 elites beating on you and not getting healed starts to hurt after a while.

How about we move onto something we can all agree on, warlocks suck. :p

Heh, thats fine. But I felt it was adequately pointed out. That some players suck. I for the most felt you were generalising. Either way. It's water under a bridge as far as I'm concerned. I have a term for what I called "bad players". Mainly because I had experience with one in my teens in beta. His name was "Beastman" and he was a paladin. Who, Looted everything. Never healed. Never helped. Was off running around soloing. and was just an all around player. For now these days I generally call players that remind me of that "Beastmen". ;)

vampireuk
03-15-05, 03:32 AM
Hell in the beta we had a terrible warrior in our group, we were in the deadmines, a all low level group grinding along. We got to the ship and he starts using charge and pulls around 8 elites. Luckily for our guild groups I know my place as a warrior, I get bItch smacked by elites while they kill them. :p

ChrisRay
03-15-05, 03:37 AM
Hell in the beta we had a terrible warrior in our group, we were in the deadmines, a all low level group grinding along. We got to the ship and he starts using charge and pulls around 8 elites. Luckily for our guild groups I know my place as a warrior, I get bItch smacked by elites while they kill them. :p

Hehe. When I am in a dungeon with someone who makes a bad pull and I know its over. I step back and just wait for everyone to whipe. And then res/return. If I feel its hopeless I have always felt its more productive to let everyone die and res them. Than it is to die with the group. Now obviously this is with a bit discretion. But its reminscent of the old EQ 1 idea where everyone shouted for clerics to camp. Just easier for everyone else if the Priest survives. Unless theres a pally in group. Dying as a priest is the last thing you want to do. Which makes me wonder/question some of the priest Holy Talents which require you to die. Heh

vampireuk
03-15-05, 03:40 AM
Generally if we get absolutely mobbed I tell everybody to run, bang on shield wall and use challenging shout. For the next 10 seconds the mobs tickle me while the others get to a safe distance, then I get murdered. :D

Also do you know where the quest is for branching off into sword smithing? I read blizzard lowered the requirements to level 45 which I hit last night and I'm at 261 BS skill. I read somewhere the quest is in a instance with a 62 elite boss, if so I may put it off for a while. :p

retsam
03-15-05, 03:46 AM
Blizzard clearly stated that Priests were not to be healbots when they made this game thats what us druids are for ....were nothing more then healbots....

ChrisRay
03-15-05, 04:03 AM
I know nothing about smithing myself Vampire, I havent done any trade skills beyond tailoring/enchanting so far. So wouldnt know where to begin. You use thotbot?

thats what us druids are for ....were nothing more then healbots....

Heh Probably because Druids heal pretty much as well as Priests with the exception of Power Word: Shield and and group heal. People are starting to catch wind of this :) You poor druids ^^