PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

vampireuk
03-15-05, 05:15 AM
From what I have read from the small snippets of info available it involves a trek through felwood and some high level instance with a 62 elite boss. But Blizzard lowered the requirements so I'm not sure if the quest may have changed, I will find out damnit. :D

Tyr-Sog
03-15-05, 06:58 AM
Again with the deleting of the posts chris? Since when is it acceptable for two members to act like arseholes(outside the PF) about something as little as a game. I was voicing complaints due to my own personal experiences and you two little kids came crawling out from under your rocks to whine cry and act like general idiots.

Lets see. You come in slagging off priest, you get a rebuttal by a few who play the game. The heat turns up a bit because you continue to slag off the priest crowd and you can't handel it and go off on a insult tangant.

Um yeah, we're the kids..

vampireuk
03-15-05, 07:16 AM
*yawn* still making a fuss over this? ;)

*sticks on ignore* makes it a lot simpler not having to read that tripe.

Sorrow
03-15-05, 07:49 AM
Did anyone hear that supposedly the honor system won't count for PvP, only PvE?? That's effing ridiculous if that's true, it gives PvP no meaning then. They better not do that, some people in general were talking about it yesterday on my daily PK runs in Hillsbrad. If they made the honor system only count for PvE then I'm most def gonna start a petition O_o

vampireuk
03-15-05, 07:56 AM
Honor simply will not work in pvp, you could get groups of lower levels ganging up on one higher level and he would not be able to kill them otherwise he would get several dishounorable kills (I can't spell today:p). Also if you had a lower level guild member around you would lose honour for defending him from dying. It is a good idea is the honour system but it simply is not viable in pvp.

Sorrow
03-15-05, 08:13 AM
No, it IS viable in PvP, you can't get honor for zerging someone 10 levels higher or 10 levels lower. This honor system means jack if there isn't PvP doesn't count. That means PvP is meaningless still. If you don't involve the PvP servers in this, then lame little botters and solo players can just get the highest ranks. Someone who hasn't killed a single person could be the highest rank on the server, that's stupid. They just need to implement a level range for honorablee and dishonorable kills. Blizzard doesn't need to screw this up for PvPers.

vampireuk
03-15-05, 08:38 AM
So what happens when you are forced to kill lower levels to defend yourself? I don't want to have my honour screwed up by a bunch of low levels who think for some reason they can take me on and beat me. I agree something needs to be done about those who run around ganking those who are far below them level wise, but they will also be punishing a lot of players if they dishonoured players for defending theirselves and fellow raid members.

Sorrow
03-15-05, 08:43 AM
So what happens when you are forced to kill lower levels to defend yourself? I don't want to have my honour screwed up by a bunch of low levels who think for some reason they can take me on and beat me. I agree something needs to be done about those who run around ganking those who are far below them level wise, but they will also be punishing a lot of players if they dishonoured players for defending theirselves and fellow raid members.

They've already stated you don't get dishonorable for killing greys that are actual players, only NPCs.

vampireuk
03-15-05, 09:27 AM
Yeah I was refering to if they instituted honour in pvp too. Perhaps they could have the honour system working fully on pvp servers and just for pve on pve servers. Ganking is going to be more of a issue on pvp servers than it is on pve. The only problem with this patch is the crossroads guards may already be greyed out for me by the time it comes out :p

FuSi0N
03-15-05, 09:28 AM
I feel like a total newb asking this, but I haven't been able to figure this out. I successfully created some macros but how do I make them appear as a button on my action bar? I tried clicking and dragging to where it looks it should go (btw im playing as a rogue so this would go next to the stealth button as I've seen in other player's screenshots.

TIA

Ninjaman09
03-15-05, 09:40 AM
FuSiON, most people you've seen are using a UI mod to have extra action buttons. The Stealth bar is not an action bar. It works more like a tab than anything else.

vampireuk
03-15-05, 09:49 AM
I don't know where I would be without Cosmos :D

On another note my 45 warrior whooped a 44 rogue last night in a duel. Started with stealth stun and a backstab, I responded with demoralizing shout and a sunder while clubbing at him with my 1h and shield. He stunned once again and tried some move that I can't give a name to. :p I followed up with a couple more sunders then realised his attacks were not causing much damage to me, I whipped out bonebiter hit him with 2 heroic strikes a crit and finished him with execute. Finished with about 1/4 health, I have to say I was bloody suprised when I won.

UDawg
03-15-05, 10:18 AM

On another note my 45 warrior whooped a 44 rogue last night in a duel. Started with stealth stun and a backstab, I responded with demoralizing shout and a sunder while clubbing at him with my 1h and shield. He stunned once again and tried some move that I can't give a name to. :p I followed up with a couple more sunders then realised his attacks were not causing much damage to me, I whipped out bonebiter hit him with 2 heroic strikes a crit and finished him with execute. Finished with about 1/4 health, I have to say I was bloody suprised when I won.
Isn't bonebitter a great axe. I got +7 weaon damage on mine. Even at my lvl 37 I can get 700 crit every once in a while. It is the best quest weapons I have gotten to date.

BTW It still bothers me that people think they are l33t when they beat a warrior. I am also tired of other warriors saying "you don't know how to use a warrior" Total BS. As a warrior you are handicapped when dueling. What pisses me off even more is that rogues are almost the same as a warrior. Why have a warrior then except for wearing plate. BIG WHOOP! I started a rogue last night and he is way better at fighting. It is just a fact that Blizzard made the warrior usefull for only one thing, tanks for instances. Other than that they are just a big dumb tool. I am developing my rogue for PVP action with my guild.

BTW I will have to say that sweeping strike is pretty cool.

vampireuk
03-15-05, 10:29 AM
Warriors are indeed handicapped when dueling but when battlegrounds comes out they will have a whole new role. Also when in a big pvp brawl a warrior is quite fun especially when you intercept somebody and they have no idea what just hit them. :D

DaveChambers
03-15-05, 10:32 AM

Sorry, you dueled a bad rogue. My 49 rogue has never lost a duel to a warrior, and Ive beaten paladins my level, mages 5 levels above me, warriors a few levels above me. The only thing I have a hard time with is another rogue.

DaveChambers
03-15-05, 10:36 AM
Isn't bonebitter a great axe. I got +7 weaon damage on mine. Even at my lvl 37 I can get 700 crit every once in a while. It is the best quest weapons I have gotten to date.

BTW It still bothers me that people think they are l33t when they beat a warrior. I am also tired of other warriors saying "you don't know how to use a warrior" Total BS. As a warrior you are handicapped when dueling. What pisses me off even more is that rogues are almost the same as a warrior. Why have a warrior then except for wearing plate. BIG WHOOP! I started a rogue last night and he is way better at fighting. It is just a fact that Blizzard made the warrior usefull for only one thing, tanks for instances. Other than that they are just a big dumb tool. I am developing my rogue for PVP action with my guild.

BTW I will have to say that sweeping strike is pretty cool.

You will see at higher levels, rogues have a hard time taking out 2 mobs their own level unless they get the jump. Rogues cant take nearly as many hits as a warrior, but they do deal significantly more damage. I hate when I joined a group and they expect me to tank, it just doesnt work. I always let a warrior aggro, come from behind with an ambush or cheapshot. If I use ambush I take the aggro because of the damage Im doing to it (700+ in 1 hit, usually 1000 total dealt in the next two seconds) so then what is the warrior going to do. Yea I follow with a feint, but as soon as I hit a sinister strike, theyre back on me. Rogues have to learn how to group. Whenever I group, I always end up the main puller, which is fine with me, because a good rogue can do wonders for a group. I believe there is no better puller in the game than a rogue.

UDawg
03-15-05, 11:39 AM
You will see at higher levels, rogues have a hard time taking out 2 mobs their own level unless they get the jump. Rogues cant take nearly as many hits as a warrior, but they do deal significantly more damage. I hate when I joined a group and they expect me to tank, it just doesnt work. I always let a warrior aggro, come from behind with an ambush or cheapshot. If I use ambush I take the aggro because of the damage Im doing to it (700+ in 1 hit, usually 1000 total dealt in the next two seconds) so then what is the warrior going to do. Yea I follow with a feint, but as soon as I hit a sinister strike, theyre back on me. Rogues have to learn how to group. Whenever I group, I always end up the main puller, which is fine with me, because a good rogue can do wonders for a group. I believe there is no better puller in the game than a rogue.
Very well stated and is the reason why I want a rogue to compliment my Warrior, so I can pic wich over one my guild needs at that quest.

WRT to you accurate about the damage a rogue and warrior put out I really dislike that. The warrior should deal out more damage along with his armor. The rougue should as it is now be able to give devistating ganks and then move on.

Again I don't mind the warrior not being a good duel charater, I just don't like it when people don't understand how the warrior is handicapped. That being said I do love tanking for a group and I piss them off when I gather up as many lvl 20s as possible. LOL They don't realize I can take them all down with just one heal from the priest and if I flip Retaliation it is all over them and throw in Sweeping Strikes and it gets messy.

Sorrow
03-15-05, 12:06 PM
I had a 42 rogue, i didn't like him as much as I do my shaman. Rogues don't get totems or windfurry and that's boring for me! :p

Tyr-Sog
03-15-05, 04:01 PM
*yawn* still making a fuss over this? ;)

*sticks on ignore* makes it a lot simpler not having to read that tripe.

Yeah, or running from a battle you started, continue at your convenience and can't win. :rolleyes:

DaveChambers
03-15-05, 05:07 PM
Yeah, or running from a battle you started, continue at your convenience and can't win. :rolleyes:
I dont think Vampire started anything, but its pointless bickering like this will get a helpful thread locked.

UDawg
03-15-05, 05:46 PM
I don't care about any of that. I just hope this thread is cleaned up and made a stickie. Oh and Rob sux0rs teh dumb warrior...:D
There isn't any need to close the thread. Since I will just open another WOW thread. ;) I just want a place to talk about this game since is is 60% of my life now...pathetic but almost true. :D

Seriously I just want a good clean place to talk about this game. If we could keep the bickering confined to the Politics Forum that would be great. ;)

vampireuk
03-15-05, 06:08 PM
Sorry, you dueled a bad rogue. My 49 rogue has never lost a duel to a warrior, and Ive beaten paladins my level, mages 5 levels above me, warriors a few levels above me. The only thing I have a hard time with is another rogue.

Most likely true, the rogue wasn't as good as I've seen but in my defence I'm also quite handy with the warrior. We just have a hard time 1 on 1, in groups we start beating down people.

Oh man we had some fun tonight, a large group of level 40+ horde attack westfall, I thought nothing of it since they usually attack there now and again, they then moved onto goldshire, then they hit northshire valley, which annoyed us. We flew in from tanaris and kicked them out of redridge :D

"My kills" tonight included a 51 orc warrior, a 52 troll rogue, a 42 tauren shaman and.....drum roll please...a level 60 undead rogue :angel: Now the higher levels had two of us beating on them but I'm calling them my kills since the finishing shots were down to me and my execute. In fact the 60 rogue tried ganking me several times after I finished him off only to get mobbed and beat down once again. A extremely fun night of pvp, oh and the 51 orc warrior was a feather in my cap since she was at a previous raid at the crossroads and would constantly run from me despite been at least 5 levels above me, tonight she had no place to run to. :p

UDawg
03-15-05, 06:24 PM
YA! I love those battles. I get into a few but I am still a lowbie so I stay on the outside but once I get up there I am all over PVP action.

Oh I was going to Booty Bay last night and I was attacked by a lvl 40 thing that activated my PVP, you know what I'm talking about. ;) Any way I didn't notice it and was recovering from beating it and then a panther and tiger jumped in at the end (lucky I had greater helth) so I barely beat them. I was resting on the road when a lvl 50 rogue undead ganked me in STEALTH and his shaman and another one jumped in. I just stood there and let it happen since the out-come was going to be death. Any way I just thought to my self, why not just come up and kill me head on since you are 13 lvls above me instead of being a puss and going stealth? I don't mind being ganked, its part of the game and fun to do to other but man just start attacking me especially when he had 3 other 50 and above with him. LOL

So I started a rogue and I am dumping a bunch of stuff in my bank for him to use later. :D

vampireuk
03-15-05, 06:34 PM
It's amazing how many buffs you will get thrown on you when you arrive in a battle zone on your mount. Players from your faction just through everything they have on you, plus you have the added bonus of people tend to follow what the guys on the mounts are doing. So if the mounts charge the 40 plus people behind you charge. :p

The level 60 rogue that I finished off is one that people are always talking about, mainly because he sat in the back of the bank of IF ganking bankers. I think we proved to around 100 people tonight that he really is not that difficult to beat. He attacks way too many people and attacks the wrong people. For example I had shield wall up and he continued to try and attack me as he was causing a massive 7 damage, I giggled it tickled that much. Then he attacked my fellow guild member who had a holy shield activated from his truesilver champion. Despite the fact this rogue could not touch him he continued to try and attack him as the paladin beat him down from the front and I hammered him WITH MY AXE UDAWG from behind. Another time he tried to gank a low level we rushed in to get him again, once again he went for the paladin with the shield. I used demoralizing shout, sundered him a couple of times then used disarm, he went down quite quickly after that. The guy must think rogues can be used as tanks to play like he does.

FuSi0N
03-16-05, 02:34 PM
YA! I love those battles. I get into a few but I am still a lowbie so I stay on the outside but once I get up there I am all over PVP action.

Oh I was going to Booty Bay last night and I was attacked by a lvl 40 thing that activated my PVP, you know what I'm talking about. ;) Any way I didn't notice it and was recovering from beating it and then a panther and tiger jumped in at the end (lucky I had greater helth) so I barely beat them. I was resting on the road when a lvl 50 rogue undead ganked me in STEALTH and his shaman and another one jumped in. I just stood there and let it happen since the out-come was going to be death. Any way I just thought to my self, why not just come up and kill me head on since you are 13 lvls above me instead of being a puss and going stealth? I don't mind being ganked, its part of the game and fun to do to other but man just start attacking me especially when he had 3 other 50 and above with him. LOL

So I started a rogue and I am dumping a bunch of stuff in my bank for him to use later. :D

Do some of these players hang around to kill spawn?