PDA

View Full Version : Official World of Warcraft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

UDawg
03-16-05, 03:13 PM
I know some do but it hasn't ever happened to me. If it did it would only take me once to realize they are camping the spawn and I will go through rez sickness to avoid that.

Blacklash
03-17-05, 01:26 AM
Cancelled the world of workcraft and tedium, aka EQ 2 and order WoW today. Guess I will see if it's fun soon enough. This quote from a review of WoW caught me.

"What we do play games for is to set our imaginations free and have some fun, and if playing WoW tells you anything, itís that Blizzard hasnít forgotten that."

Gaco
03-17-05, 04:22 AM
It's amazing how many buffs you will get thrown on you when you arrive in a battle zone on your mount. Players from your faction just through everything they have on you, plus you have the added bonus of people tend to follow what the guys on the mounts are doing. So if the mounts charge the 40 plus people behind you charge. :p

The level 60 rogue that I finished off is one that people are always talking about, mainly because he sat in the back of the bank of IF ganking bankers. I think we proved to around 100 people tonight that he really is not that difficult to beat. He attacks way too many people and attacks the wrong people. For example I had shield wall up and he continued to try and attack me as he was causing a massive 7 damage, I giggled it tickled that much. Then he attacked my fellow guild member who had a holy shield activated from his truesilver champion. Despite the fact this rogue could not touch him he continued to try and attack him as the paladin beat him down from the front and I hammered him WITH MY AXE UDAWG from behind. Another time he tried to gank a low level we rushed in to get him again, once again he went for the paladin with the shield. I used demoralizing shout, sundered him a couple of times then used disarm, he went down quite quickly after that. The guy must think rogues can be used as tanks to play like he does.

Whats shield wall? :)

vampireuk
03-17-05, 05:22 AM
It's ability available in defensive stance for the warrior, you need a shield equiped to use the ability. It reduces all damage done by mobs by 75% for 10 seconds, I always use it with challenging shout so I take the attention of every mob around me and they tickle me for 7 dmg each. :D

It's a hell of a ability when used properly in a group, I used it when we had to fight 4 elite ogres including some ugly ogre boss. Blood rage - beserker stance - intercept - defensive stance - demoralizing shout to attract the attention of the others - challenging shout when the priest heals to keep the aggro followed by shield wall. Dead ogres. :D

DaveChambers
03-17-05, 05:39 AM
It's ability available in defensive stance for the warrior, you need a shield equiped to use the ability. It reduces all damage done by mobs by 75% for 10 seconds, I always use it with challenging shout so I take the attention of every mob around me and they tickle me for 7 dmg each. :D

It's a hell of a ability when used properly in a group, I used it when we had to fight 4 elite ogres including some ugly ogre boss. Blood rage - beserker stance - intercept - defensive stance - demoralizing shout to attract the attention of the others - challenging shout when the priest heals to keep the aggro followed by shield wall. Dead ogres. :D
Nice.

I just respec'd my rogue from an ambush to a heavy combat build. I have to say, Im liking it so far :)

ChrisRay
03-17-05, 06:38 AM
I have actually rolled a warrior. Priest Heal botting can get really boring. I feel like a drone anymore. So I am taking a break.

Ninjaman09
03-17-05, 07:28 AM

I always prefer the much more stressful tactic of doing exactly that, only using Retaliation instead of Shield Wall. It's loads of fun but if the healer's not paying attention it doesn't last too long. This strategy worked extremely well at the Zul'Farrak troll raid (Divinomatic Rod). Plus it's just fun. :D

Sorrow
03-17-05, 08:48 AM
I killed probably 12 alliance yesterday in Hillsbrad :)

my new axe (32.6dps) + windfurry = deadness for lvl 32 and under muahaha

vampireuk
03-17-05, 09:14 AM
I always prefer the much more stressful tactic of doing exactly that, only using Retaliation instead of Shield Wall. It's loads of fun but if the healer's not paying attention it doesn't last too long. This strategy worked extremely well at the Zul'Farrak troll raid (Divinomatic Rod). Plus it's just fun. :D

Yeah also getting a few heavy hitting crits in on a mob is always handy for wearing them down and keeping aggro but you have to make sure your healer is always watching since when you hit beserker stance your health starts to drop rapidly. :D

UDawg
03-17-05, 10:18 AM
My guild didn't know about Retaliation till last nite. :D I was a lowbie for the longest time since they are upper 40-60s. I hit 39 and had 3 34elites on me. They were coming to my rescue but I flipped retaliation after a sunder and sweeping strikes and took two out right quickly and the 3rd was amost half way finished when they got there. I did need their help since I was taking damage but they were just cracking up at how wild my warrior was going at them. I love it....less cool down time please Blizzard :D

They also learned another good lesson about warriors. our 42 mage and I dueled while waiting for another in our group and it wasn't funny. He froze me, turned me into a sheep and then the pretty lights came on and it was all over. I got him down to just under a 3/4 left health. They compared that duel to the damage I can do in a mob and finally understood what I was talking about and understood why I was also developing a rogue.

One last thing is that now that I can tank better they see how much FASTER instances can be when we don't have to wait for a damn rogue to stun lock and do what ever else they feel like doing. I just grab two and pull them back and hold aggro nicely while they heal me and help beat up on the elites. We do instances in SM in 15 minutes less time.

Ninjaman09
03-17-05, 11:12 AM
One last thing is that now that I can tank better they see how much FASTER instances can be when we don't have to wait for a damn rogue to stun lock and do what ever else they feel like doing. I just grab two and pull them back and hold aggro nicely while they heal me and help beat up on the elites. We do instances in SM in 15 minutes less time.
Yeah, I can't stand grouping with rogues that want to be all "strategic" about things. There was this one guy in our guild who would get mad if we rushed in, he wanted to stealth, distract, then sap first. Of course this was in SM in areas where only 2 or 3 mobs would aggro and all five of us were 39+ at the time, so it was really just making the instance take twice as long.

Sorrow
03-17-05, 12:15 PM
I own warriors in PvP muahaha

UDawg
03-17-05, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I can't stand grouping with rogues that want to be all "strategic" about things. There was this one guy in our guild who would get mad if we rushed in, he wanted to stealth, distract, then sap first. Of course this was in SM in areas where only 2 or 3 mobs would aggro and all five of us were 39+ at the time, so it was really just making the instance take twice as long.
Exactly! They just want to loot them first and then sap them. I said it took me a long time to get to the point where I am really usefull so let me do my job and you come in and give support when we need mob control.

Until last nite they did not realize how much more damage I realy could take even though I may not be able to deal out as much at them since I am 9 lvls lower. That having been said they now respect my aggro control and it is MUCH better than a rogue. I love having rogues with us but just let me grab two and pull them back. It just goes so much faster, especially if we don't get the drop we want at the boss. We have more time to make another run at it.

Either way I am now happy with my warrior for questing. They love having me now. I do say if you use fear in the mob I won't pull them off you. Just be patient and I can pull them off you so u can heal and keep the runners that I don't notice in the mob.

I just like the group and want us all to do our job. I need them and they need me.

The biggest problem is when a priest says RUN! I say just hold on it will be alright. They run any way. So we went into BFD to get a stupid quest for Ironband in IF. We went back to the first pearl quest area and the 31 pally ran in there and aggroed the WHOLE FRIGGIN PLACE. Now I don't mind but there was me a 39 warrior a 41 priest (with shadow form) and that 31 pally. Well They were all on us even the boss. The priest said run and I said stay here and heal me no matter what, just trust me. I flip retalian after sweeping strike and sunder and went to work. I kill all but 4 and hell every one right on me except those four. After that the priest said he will stick in the fight no matter what unless I say run but I don't say run. I just die and run back to the mob...as a good warrior should. :D and just think I get plate armor this evening since I will hit 40 woot.

Oh on summoning the princess me and a pally took her out with no problem. The only thing is it was slow because she gives no rage at all since she strikes slow but that quest was worth 7k YEAHAW!

It was really cool because after last nite everyone was now talking about the end game since I will be the key figure and i like that.

Ninjaman09
03-17-05, 12:40 PM
Having played a Rogue to 40, trust me, your ability to take hits goes down rather rapidly. Stick with your Warrior, he rules! Just like mine. :D

UDawg
03-17-05, 12:56 PM
I own warriors in PvP muahaha
Again strip down all your magic and healing ability and fight a warrior head on. You will lose. You will say "but that is how the game is played" To that I say yes and that is why running around saying you own a warrior is dumb. They are created for different purposes.

I am playing the rogue jsut for pvp action.

Ninjaman09
03-17-05, 12:58 PM
Again strip down all your magic and healing ability and fight a warrior head on. You will lose. You will say "but that is how the game is played" To that I say yes and that is why running around saying you own a warrior is dumb. They are created for different purposes.

I am playing the rogue jsut for pvp action.
Yes Rogues eat cloth wearers for breakfast. And my Rogue is very hungry!!

UDawg
03-17-05, 01:21 PM
Priests can no longer kill players with Shadow Word: Pain and Mind Control in duels.

:D in the new patch. Me happy. It is stupid to fight a priest near ANY body of water who has mind control ability. I know the priests will complain but they will be complaining that they cannot totally dominate the duel, instead of actually using skill rather than a spell that is WAY to powerfull for such a pud. :D

Warrior

* Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was slightly increased.
* Battle Shout - Rage cost reduced.
* Bloodrage - Health cost reduced.
* Heroic Strike - Damage increased.
* Parry - Moved to level 6.
* Thunder Clap - Now causes Physical damage instead of Nature damage; damage increased; duration increased with each new rank. Improved Sunder Armor - Now decreases rage cost by 1/1/1. Improved Thunder Clap - Now decreases rage cost by 1/1/2.
* Execute - Full rage is no longer consumed when the ability does not hit.
* Overpower - Should now be usable when a special attack is dodged.
* Fixed a bug where rage was not being generated when normal melee attacks were parried, dodged, and blocked.
* Charge has been improved so it will work through doorways and won't path you through an entire dungeon.
* Sweeping Strikes bug fixed. It will hit more reliably and show up in combat log correctly.
* Added a visual to Sword Specialization "proc" that will now show up in the combat log as well.

The bold part is way cool. I am tired of not getting rage when i parry or dodge. That is bs. Our charaters rely completely on rage to activate our abilities. In other words with out rage we fight at the pace of the thing we are fighting and that can really suck.

Ninjaman09
03-17-05, 01:41 PM
Oh yeah this new patch is gonna be badass, if it ever gets released. I'm looking forward to all these improvements and fixes! Fixing Execute is my biggest concern, I miss it a LOT and losing all of my rage when that happens really pisses me off! :)

DaveChambers
03-17-05, 04:53 PM
Oh yeah this new patch is gonna be badass, if it ever gets released. I'm looking forward to all these improvements and fixes! Fixing Execute is my biggest concern, I miss it a LOT and losing all of my rage when that happens really pisses me off! :)
You warrior lovers make me smile :)

UDawg
03-17-05, 05:03 PM
Anyone here play on Elune? If ya do I am a lvl 39 warrior UDawg

Blacklash
03-17-05, 10:05 PM
Will someone who plays from the United States, East Coast, suggest servers, one PvP and one normal, that are low to mediim population and stable?

Thanks in advance.

DaveChambers
03-17-05, 10:48 PM
Will someone who plays from the United States, East Coast, suggest servers, one PvP and one normal, that are low to mediim population and stable?

Thanks in advance.
Play on Terenas, I can help you out :)

I lost to a warrior in a duel tonight :( I had him down to 1 more hit and he just got the hit in first, ah well, cant win them all.

Atleast he didnt lose to a rogue 5 levels below him :afro:

vampireuk
03-18-05, 02:29 AM
I was checking out my build last night and looking at sweeping strikes, while it does look good I don't think it's worth changing my fury build which is serving me well. :D

Fixing Execute is my biggest concern, I miss it a LOT and losing all of my rage when that happens really pisses me off!

I agree missing execute can be a pain in the arse especially if you are down to low health since you have to build up enough damn rage again to get another execute or club it to death. :D

Arms Talents (20 points)

Deflection - 3/5 points
Increases your Parry chance by 3%.

Improved Rend - 3/3 points
Increases the bleed damage done by your Rend ability by 35%.

Tactical Mastery - 5/5 points
You retain up to 25 of your rage points when you change stances.

Anger Management - 1/1 point
Increases the time required for your Rage to decay while out of combat by 30%.

Deep Wounds - 3/3 points
Your critical strikes cause the opponent to bleed, dealing 60% of your melee weapon's average damage over 12 seconds.

Impale - 2/2 points
Increases the critical strike damage done by your abilities in Battle, Defensive, and Berserker stance by 20%.

Two-Handed Weapon Specialization - 3/5 points
Increases the damage you deal with two-handed weapons melee weapons by 3%.

Fury Talents (31 points)

Cruelty - 5/5 points
Increases your chance to get a critical strike with melee weapons by 5%.

Booming Voice - 1/5 point
Increases the duration of your Battle Shout and Demoralizing Shout by 10%.

Improved Demoralizing Shout - 5/5 points
Increases the attack power reduction of your Demoralizing Shout by 25%.

Unbridled Wrath - 5/5 points
Gives you a 40% chance to generate an additional Rage point when you deal melee damage.

Piercing Howl - 1/1 point
Causes all enemies near the warrior to be dazed for 6 seconds.

Improved Battle Shout - 5/5 points
Increases the Attack Power bonus of your Battle Shout by 25%.

Improved Execute - 2/2 points
Reduces the Rage cost of your Execute ability by 5.

Enrage - 5/5 points
Gives you a 40% melee damage bonus for 4 swings any time you are the victim of a critical strike.

Death Wish - 1/1 point
When activated, increases your melee damage by 20% and makes you immune to fear, but lowers your defense against all types of damage by 20%. Lasts 30 seconds.

Bloodthirst - 1/1 point
Activates after dealing a killing blow. Your next melee weapon attack deals a 100% increased damage.

What do the warriors here think?

vampireuk
03-18-05, 05:28 AM
Arms Talents (32 points)
∑ Deflection - 5/5 points
Increases your Parry chance by 5%.
∑ Improved Rend - 3/3 points
Increases the bleed damage done by your Rend ability by 35%.
∑ Tactical Mastery - 5/5 points
You retain up to 25 of your rage points when you change stances.
∑ Improved Thunder Clap - 3/3 points
Increases the damage done by your Thunder Clap by 25%.
∑ Improved Charge - 1/2 point
Increases the amount of rage generated by your Charge ability by 3.
∑ Deep Wounds - 3/3 points
Your critical strikes cause the opponent to bleed, dealing 60% of your melee weapon's average damage over 12 seconds.
∑ Anger Management - 1/1 point
Increases the time required for your Rage to decay while out of combat by 30%.
∑ Improved Overpower - 2/2 points
Increases the critical strike chance of your Overpower ability by 50%.
∑ Impale - 2/2 points
Increases the critical strike damage done by your abilities in Battle, Defensive, and Berserker stance by 20%.
∑ Two-Handed Weapon Specialization - 5/5 points
Increases the damage you deal with two-handed weapons melee weapons by 5%.
∑ Sweeping Strikes - 1/1 point
You next 5 melee weapon swings strike an additional nearby opponent.
∑ Mortal Strike - 1/1 point
A vicious strike that deals 200% weapon damage and wounds the target, reducing the effectiveness of any healing by 50% for 10 seconds.

Fury Talents (19 points)
∑ Booming Voice - 1/5 point
Increases the duration of your Battle Shout and Demoralizing Shout by 10%.
∑ Cruelty - 5/5 points
Increases your chance to get a critical strike with melee weapons by 5%.
∑ Improved Demoralizing Shout - 5/5 points
Increases the attack power reduction of your Demoralizing Shout by 25%.
∑ Piercing Howl - 1/1 point
Causes all enemies near the warrior to be dazed for 6 seconds.
∑ Improved Battle Shout - 5/5 points
Increases the Attack Power bonus of your Battle Shout by 25%.
∑ Improved Execute - 2/2 points
Reduces the Rage cost of your Execute ability by 5

I'm also quite tempted by this build, it keeps the group buffs but gives me more attack power and combat options.

Ninjaman09
03-18-05, 09:09 AM
This would be a better build:

Arms 31pts total:
Same except skip Anger Management (it's useless)

Fury 20pts total:
Cruelty - 5/5 points - This is an essential skill, obviously :)
Improved Demoralizing Shout - 5/5 points - The 25% bonus isn't really that great but it's the best use of your points to get to the next branch
Improved Battle Shout - 4/5 points - 20% increase once you get high rank Battle Shouts actually makes a difference.
Piercing Howl - 1/1 point - Great skill for running away or screwing over PvP opponents
Enrage - 5/5 points - The absolute best skill in the Fury tree, hands down. 40% increase in melee damage for 4 hits (or 15 seconds), this counts for ANY hits, including Overpower and Execute. This activates a LOT, as you get critted a lot more than you may realize. This is an ESSENTIAL skill if you plan on putting more than 5 points in Fury. It's also sick for PvP, especially against Rogues. Their high crit rate ensures that Enrage will activate, and every Rogue uses Evasion when fighting warriors. For some reason they don't realize we have Overpower, which is hilarious. Anyway, when you combine a hard-hitting 2-hander, Improved Overpower, and Enrage, you end up having a rather nice "I win" button against stupid rogues. I've never lost a duel to a rogue. I've since respecced though since I needed Mortal Strike and a little more flexibility (I'm 31/5/4 right now, planning on 31/5/15). Still for an Arms/Fury build, that's about as good as it gets. Improved Execute and Booming Voice are a complete waste of points, IMO. Also I would drop the 20/31/0 build, it's not at all effective compared to 31/20/0 or 31/5/15.