PDA

View Full Version : My First Thermaltake/Newegg.com Experience

SLippe
02-24-05, 09:03 PM
Let me start by saying that I am very inpressed with Newegg.com. Fast and reliable. I ordered a new 90mm fan for the blowhole on my computer. It is a Thermaltake with blue led lights. It comes with adjustable control, but I plugged it straight into the 12v plug. OMG! This fan is so loud! I have 5 80mm fans and this single fan is louder than all those together! Woo! I am going to see if I can get the control to reach down to a empty pci slot and turn this thing down. Yes, it moves a lot of air, but good grief! You can feel air moving about 18 inches above my computer and hear it in the living room, which is about 15 to 20 feet away. LOL I am impressed with both Newegg and Thermaltake, however. Here is the fan that I bought...

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-999-121&depa=0

Copper214
02-25-05, 08:52 AM
Thats a good fan I have one on my Cpu cooler just hook up the manual control and adjust it for the temps you desire. and yes newegg rocks!! :cool:

Marcos
02-25-05, 11:57 AM
newegg is funky fresh fat fly

goofjb
02-25-05, 03:36 PM
Newegg is great. I have delt with them for years now. I have had mobo's die and returned for an RMA. I have it back within 2 weeks!

SLippe
02-26-05, 12:12 AM
Okay, installed the manual control and turned it down about halfway, just under the noise. Sounds like the rest of my fans now...man that was loud! LOL

toxikneedle
02-26-05, 12:21 AM
Yes I got a 120MM TT fan from newegg and that thing is even louder (if you can imagine or not). I personally don't care about noise so I'm very happy about the temperature diference it made for my case. And, almost a 10 degree drop for the GPU. Good luck with the fan and temps.

bkswaney
02-26-05, 03:13 AM
Newegg is #1 in my book.
Used them for years and never a problem.

Copper214
02-26-05, 08:34 AM
Yeah you just gotta face it, Newegg is about the best in the good ol USA!! I have been using them 4 years now.Cheap prices on most things{not all} great shipping,Sometimes free. I used to use price watch but the shipping can be $10 to $25 on small things By Ground,What a joke!
I have update every six month Till recently and give the old parts to some kid with a slowarss system for the cost of shipping. In a coplue weeks I am gonna do a little updateing/ goT 40gb Hitch 7200rpm, 2 128mg pc133 sticks
1100 T-Bird ,top of the line GEF3 MSI CARD AND SOME OTHER JUNK i HATE TO THROW OUT