PDA

View Full Version : CS:Source 6600GT Problem

aarondavis121
02-25-05, 05:32 PM
I am kinda new to playing games in really high quality, this 6600GT is the best card I have ever owned, so if this is a stupid question, sorry. In CS: Source objects in the distance tend to fliter alot. Mostly fences, stair cases, doors, stuff like that, especially stuff with small parts like trees. Is this normal or am I being too picky? In UT2004, certain ground textures do this too at a distance, again, ami I just being picky? One more, Doom 3 aliased edges seem to "move alot". In UT2004 and CS:S the problem goes away when not moving or if you get upclose to the object or texture. Sorry for not necessarily knowning the terminology to describe this. I am using a 6600GT and 71.81 drivers (I have tried the regular ones and the XG ones on High Quality) Thanks!!

Kickus_assius
02-26-05, 12:07 AM
These are just the limitations that video graphics have. Unless you are running 6X or 8X AA you will always see the edges being flickery. The only solution is to turn up AA and anisotropic filtering. CSS sets it to the optimal levels for your card, so this is probably as good as it gets for you. One final thing though, what resolution are you running? Make sure you are at 1024x768 or higher, so even with AA and Anisotropic filtering will not be that crisp of a picture.

Gentle
02-26-05, 05:03 PM
These are just the limitations that video graphics have. Unless you are running 6X or 8X AA

Note, the Nvidia drivers do not currently offer 6X antialiasing as an option.

Gentle

Kickus_assius
02-26-05, 05:27 PM
I know I was just illustrating that 4X AA isn't quite enough to make every single thing smooth. It's very good, but not quite enough for long range. I was more intending that it would take 6 or 8X to really give smooth edges to everything.