PDA

View Full Version : XFX 6800GT - no dualview

vandalous
02-26-05, 10:37 AM
I'm hoping the good people here can help me out. I just built a new PC (specs below) and bought an nVidia card after being a devoted ATi Radeon owner since their first iteration.

However, after installing the card and drivers, my secondary display is not detected by XP and Dualview is not available. I've reinstalled several times to no avail. The display comes on when I go to BIOS, during POST, and even while WinXP is loading. However, just prior to the Login screen, the display goes dark and into standby.

I'm running 66.93 on the GPU and 6.39 on the nForce4 chipset. Both displays are CRT connected to the card via DVI/VGA adapters.

Specs are:
AMD A64 3000 90nm
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo
XFX 6800GT PCI-x
1024 (2x512) OCZ Platinum DDR400 memory
Audigy2 Platinum
WD Raptor 74GB
Maxtor 300GB SATA
2 x Maxtor 160GB EIDE (no RAID)

Thanks!

sturnbull_chs
02-27-05, 12:31 AM
i dont' think that it will work with the anlog connecter i think u have to have atleast one on DVI

Subtestube
02-27-05, 12:37 AM
i dont' think that it will work with the anlog connecter i think u have to have atleast one on DVI

Is that true of 6600s only? As I'm running 2 CRTs on my 6800 - one off the DVI->Analogue, and one off the native analogue head, so unless there's been some substantial change of the way dual head works, I can't see how that would be the case.

vandalous
02-27-05, 02:09 AM

That's odd. I saw nothing in the documentation about that limitation and XFX included 2 DVI-to-VGA adapters to facilitate legacy people like me. :)

coldmist
02-27-05, 10:32 PM
There might be an order issue.

Try disconnecting one, booting up. Then shut down.

Connect the second. Boot.

See if that helps.