PDA

View Full Version : refresh rate overide

cricket
12-01-02, 09:37 PM
USING 41.04 DRIVERS if i have refresh force tool installed and ran it...do i need to enable refresh rate overide in additional properties of geforce 4 ti 4600? dont they both do the same thing?and shouldnt i just leave refresh rate overide at"applications control refresh rates" in the display options? (allowing apps to choose for itself)...question 2) what do i set anti aliasing and antiscopic filtering at? and when should i change these or should they always be set to same setting? currently they are both off.question3) should vsync be off or on? and when should i change it...thanks for any feedback, im just trying to learn more knowledge and need opinion's.

spec's: Dell Demension 8200 P4 2.26GHz with 533MHz system bus/ 512K L2 Cache ~768MB PC800 RDRAM~80GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive~128MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600~with 41.04 whql driver's~Direct X 8.1~24x/10x/40x CD-RW Drive~ Harman Kardon HK-395 Speakers with Subwoofer ~Sound Blaster Live~ WinXP Home dition~withSP1~~~~~3dmark 2nd edition score=12,064

thcdru2k
12-01-02, 10:23 PM
1) no, i'm not even sure if it does anything yet. i haven't touched those settings and just use rivatuner to set my system to max refresh rate, and all my games run at the right refreshrate.

2) anti aliasing is the removing of jaggies. you lose the jaggies at the cost of performance. its all up to you to use it or not. if you can play the game with anti aliasing and the game is still playable just leave it on. the more to the right the slider is the more performance decreases. its up to you to select which option looks best.

anistropic filtering is advanced texture filtering. the advantage to it is that it can make textures that looked blured appear sharp. say your playing madden 2k3 without it, the logo in the endzone would appear blurred with bilinear or trilinear filtering. with anistropic filtering it would appear sharp depending on how much anistropy you use. the same goes with af, the higher quality af, the more the performance decreases. select which option seems best to your taste and is playable.