PDA

View Full Version : PCIE and AGP Dual Graphics Ports Motherboard!

MUYA
02-27-05, 02:07 AM
http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid1109074955,37536,

Interesting!

jAkUp
02-27-05, 02:14 AM
Hmmm.. interesting...

ChrisRay
02-27-05, 08:29 AM
I have seen this a few times before. I really like boards that do this. This is actually one of the reason the K7S5A was so popular because the bridge the upgrade path nicely..

saturnotaku
02-27-05, 08:33 AM
This is actually one of the reason the K7S5A was so popular because the bridge the upgrade path nicely..

That and it was dirt freaking cheap. ;)

Interesting board this one. I'm surprised the AGP performance doesn't completely suck like it does on other AGP/PCI-E combo boards.

$n][pErMan
02-27-05, 01:49 PM
If only asus had an SLi board with an AGP spot. Just take out a PCI slot and move everything down then add the AGP slot :) Id so buy one cause there is no way in hell im getting rid of my video card anytime soon.... but im going 64bit in the spring and would like the ability to upgrade in the future if needed!

bkswaney
03-02-05, 03:56 AM
[pErMan']If only asus had an SLi board with an AGP spot. Just take out a PCI slot and move everything down then add the AGP slot :) Id so buy one cause there is no way in hell im getting rid of my video card anytime soon.... but im going 64bit in the spring and would like the ability to upgrade in the future if needed!

I agree 120%. :)
I will not ditch my 6800 for 12 months at least.
I would buy a SLI board now if one had a AGP slot to. ;)

SH64
03-02-05, 11:28 AM
Very good indeed ! i would get one right away if it has nForce 4 chipset &/or SLI support .

ragejg
03-02-05, 01:45 PM
On a related note, I recently bought an Asrock K7 Upgrade 880 from Newegg for my brother... KT880 chipset (VIA dual channel), and upgradeable using a proprietary card to Socket 754... It has 2 AGP Ports, quite odd, but quite cool (that is, IF the CPU upgrade card is relatively cheap).

Yeah, that's right, 2 AGP ports... yeah I WISH there was an SLI-ish hack...

Anyway, after reading @ OCWForum, I've found that there is a performance bios for this mobo, and it actually does OC good in socket 462 format, and the upgrade card is available...

Jocomp10
03-02-05, 08:02 PM
Yeah I also want to get a 64 bit cpu this summer, but I realy can't get a mobo without AGP If theay made an nforce 4 with AGP/PCIe I would be sold.

Gator
03-03-05, 11:08 AM
http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=883

ECS has some very interesting things in the works! They have AGP + PCIE motherboards, and they also have Athlon64 S754 PCIE motherboards! I didn't think anyone was gonna offer S754 PCIE solution That's great news for S754 owners

$n][pErMan
03-03-05, 04:16 PM
Neat :) What I really want is a AMD 939pin 64bit motherboard with all the bells and whistles of new boards with AGP instead of PCI-E. I dont need a combo as I plan on keeping my cureent card for a year or more at least (and by then id get a new mobo anyway). But this spring I dont wanna buy a 64bit mobo with AGP that uses old chipsets or controlers :( I want the new goods but with AGP... if anyone knows of such a board thats nice... please let me know! :D