PDA

View Full Version : sata contoller driver

fasedww
02-27-05, 02:55 PM
Ok I'll be getting a MSI K8N NEO 2, On installation of Win XP, should I install the sata raid driver on the F6 option? even if I'm not going to set up the raid on the board?Is this the way to install the sata drivers? :)

saturnotaku
02-27-05, 08:00 PM
If you don't have any hard drives connected to the SATA ports, you don't need to install the driver for it.

However, I notice in your sig that you have a RAID-0 set of WD Raptors so the install process you use for those will be exactly the same on the new board as it is on your old one.

fasedww
02-28-05, 05:53 PM
If you don't have any hard drives connected to the SATA ports, you don't need to install the driver for it.

However, I notice in your sig that you have a RAID-0 set of WD Raptors so the install process you use for those will be exactly the same on the new board as it is on your old one.
I won't be installing a raid aray I bought a 74 gig raptor that I will be putting on sata #3 on the motherboard, do I still need to install the sata raid driver, our does win xp does it for you, or which is better? :)