PDA

View Full Version : MSI core center is wonky as hell

Marcos
02-28-05, 07:01 AM
i dont know where to post this :cool:

Who has MSI motherboard?

but anyway I installed the zalmans 7000cu heatsink the other day. I always had the MSI CC pop up when my thing booted I just thought it was neat, but when it turns on I visually see the zalman fan slow down and speed up repeatedly, the fam RPM says its only running at 1400 while its turned up max on the smart fan (2400 rpm i think?). And my fsb shoots up from 200-300 out of nowhere. wtf. And dont get me started on the temp readings.... too late..I had p95 running for a while lookikng at my max load of 50, as soon as i turned it off it instantly dropped down to 40, like the same second, shouldnt that **** gradually go down?

saturnotaku
02-28-05, 09:33 AM
Core Center is pile of garbage. I use NVIDIA's monitoring software.

Sazar
02-28-05, 09:39 AM
I have used core center and its not been a hassle for me... the newer revisions get rid of some old bugs, but I did'nt have issues with most of them...

the fsb will adjust depending on whether or not you have CnQ running...

temps registered by CC always show a gradual decline... and when I look @ the temp history graph... it has gradual increases and decreases unless I start a heavy duty game right after idling for a period of time with CnQ turned on..

CC is not great and there are better apps out there (which is why I only use it periodically)... but some of the issues you are seeing, I have not seen repeated

Marcos
02-28-05, 10:11 AM
C&Q is definatly off : )

keith33
02-28-05, 10:37 PM
Core Center is pile of garbage. I use NVIDIA's monitoring software.
Ditto.

|MaguS|
02-28-05, 11:01 PM
Is there a way to get Nvidia's Monitoring software to minimize to taskbar? Main reason I use CC is because it can run on in the taskbar for a quick temp reading.

Absolution
03-01-05, 10:29 PM
try using motherboard monitor

john19055
03-13-05, 06:29 AM
I have the latest version of MSI Core Center and I have no problems with it ,it reads all my tempertures and voltage and all my other settings just fine,It reads the same as what it reads in my Bios.