PDA

View Full Version : Everquest II Tanking CPU

Pages : 1 [2]

Sorrow
02-28-05, 07:25 PM
Your entire post is uncalled for and irrevalent to this thread. While Sarrow might not be the most knowledged in CPU, he atleast doesn't crap and flame people he doesn't know.
:luv:

wshadow
02-28-05, 07:52 PM
:luv:

wow let the ghey love begin!

1337_Like_ThaT
02-28-05, 07:52 PM
Sorrow + egbtmagus = :nanahump: :condom:

|MaguS|
02-28-05, 08:00 PM
Oh god....

Sorrow-> :bugeyes: :wimp: <-egbtmagus

1337_Like_ThaT
02-28-05, 08:04 PM
:udawg: :rofl:rofl:rofl

Blacklash
03-01-05, 08:57 PM
If there is one thing I have learned by using both AMD and Intel it is not to be a Ghz monkey. This chips does everything my 3.0@3.8 did and is better in gaming.

Unfortunately, folks with high end/optimal gaming rigs may be more rare than you think. Most games like EQ II, aka MMORPGs, are coded/set for the lowest common denominator. While our GPUs with massive muscle do help to a degree they are woefully underutilized. The alarming bulk of EQ II graphics is simple 1.1.

Yes, I feel your pain, having your CPU "tanking", the GPU would make a much better MT, IMO :p The CPU should "assist".

Elderblaze
03-02-05, 01:16 AM
Exactly Malficar, and this is totally unaceptable to me. That's why I choose to quit playing EQ2. Even EverQuest 1 uses PS 2.0 The EQ2 team is just being lazy. I played EQ1 for 5 years, I recently returned to it after being let down by EQ2 so much.

Regards,
Mike

Ghosthunter
03-02-05, 08:56 AM
Exactly Malficar, and this is totally unaceptable to me. That's why I choose to quit playing EQ2. Even EverQuest 1 uses PS 2.0 The EQ2 team is just being lazy. I played EQ1 for 5 years, I recently returned to it after being let down by EQ2 so much.

Regards,
Mike

EQ2 team being lazy? that is a laugh...

Granted I am not a SOE fanboy and some things they have done with their latest patches really pisst me off, but the graphics in EQ2 on a nice high end system are truly gorgeous, and cannot compare to EQ1. Not only that but EQ2 so far is all about the journey, while EQ1 is about end game and raiding.

Lfctony
03-02-05, 10:22 AM
Almost all games request 100% CPU, actually they use every bit that's idle at the moment of launch. If Winamp is running and it's using 10% when you launch UT for example, it will use the rest 90%. I don't know why you'd think a game must be problematic to use 100% of the CPU.

ynnek
05-19-05, 09:48 PM
Its relavent, cause its pointing out how crazily wrong your original post was!

I never said I was a processor guru, and how did your post relate to anything in this thread? And what's driverheaven?

Elderblaze
05-22-05, 11:57 PM
Whoa resurection of dead thread. In Retrospect I beleive Sorrow was talking about the Hyperthreading Bugs some games have with P4's. When hyperthreading is enabled it will only show 50% processor usage, I don't know the details, but I bet this is what he meant.