PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo may introduce new GBA 2005

Ghosthunter
02-28-05, 12:35 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/28/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm?cnn=yes

Interesting, I wonder if this is the same device that I heard about in 2006 or 2007...or something else.

No clue what these specs are..but now that there are two big competitors in the handheld market..wont be suprised to see a new handheld every year...or every 2 years at least

|MaguS|
02-28-05, 12:41 PM
If they do release one, it would be stupid not to stop production on the GBA. Having 3 Nintendo systems on the market would really split the developers up and games would be flying any which way and not towards thier intended market. I see them just releasing a new version of the GBA, to replace the SP probably. Nintendo has a way of just reintroducing thier GBs in a new form.

I dout it would be anything comparable to the PSP though, especially if thier rumored $99 price is right.

Bad_Boy
02-28-05, 01:07 PM
according to the site...it will be $99 while the DS is still $150...so just using reasoning i dont think it would be better than the DS, and definately not better than a psp. (like egbtmagus said)... but we will see.

f|LtH fR@g
03-01-05, 09:17 AM
Let me first say i'm a nintendo fan, but sony's psp is pretty much going to kill any dominance nintendo had in the hand-held market.....now thats irony...1995, sony takes down nintendo in the console market, 2005, they do the same in the hand-held..the psp is too powerful and has waaaay too many A list games to not succeed. When they said they were taking handheld gaming out of the "ghetto" they mean't it. No more tired re-hashed 16-bit snes games you have to pay twice the price for and squint to see.heh.

Hopefully, more quality and less quantity will hit nintendo's ds, but man, that thing has suck written all over it when compared to the psp, and this is coming from a nintendo fanboy. =/

Ninjaman09
03-01-05, 10:06 AM
Agreed, I sold my DS because of this. It's very akward to use and the game selection as of right now is pathetic. I'll never use it again unless something REALLY great comes out for it. A new Gameboy does interest me, however.

I also think it's a little early to declare victory for one brand or the other. I think we should wait and see how the PSP actually performs, both with software and hardware. Keep in mind it is prohibitively expensive for many people (including myself).

f|LtH fR@g
03-01-05, 10:24 AM
Agreed, I sold my DS because of this. It's very akward to use and the game selection as of right now is pathetic. I'll never use it again unless something REALLY great comes out for it. A new Gameboy does interest me, however.

I also think it's a little early to declare victory for one brand or the other. I think we should wait and see how the PSP actually performs, both with software and hardware. Keep in mind it is prohibitively expensive for many people (including myself).

Oh yea, I agree, it is a bit expensive-i'd sooner put $250 into my pc (if I had $250 to just throw around in the first place) but just looking at the line-up, future titles, and the hardware-right now psp looks like its going to kick some serious tale. But you're right, it is too early to tell. Maybe this is a good wake-up call for nintendo....course I remember saying that when n64 failed and again when cube was released...so who knows :D

oldsk00l
03-01-05, 10:29 AM
Nintendo sucks.

f|LtH fR@g
03-01-05, 10:40 AM
Nintendo sucks.

As long as you don't say Sega sucked, we'll be friends for a loooong time. ;) :D

Ninjaman09
03-01-05, 10:50 AM
Nintendo sucks.
Ugh, I would think you're above trolling like this.

Zelda_fan
03-01-05, 12:42 PM
Oh yea, I agree, it is a bit expensive-i'd sooner put $250 into my pc (if I had $250 to just throw around in the first place) but just looking at the line-up, future titles, and the hardware-right now psp looks like its going to kick some serious tale. But you're right, it is too early to tell. Maybe this is a good wake-up call for nintendo....course I remember saying that when n64 failed and again when cube was released...so who knows :D

see that's the main reason why I'm not getting a PsP. If I have $350 (which is what it will cost for the PSP + a game or two), it's going to go toward getting a new processor & mobo for my computer.

oldsk00l
03-01-05, 01:07 PM
Seriously man, I didn't care about the DS, I didn't care about the crappy first GBA, and I certainly don't think I'll be giving a damn about a new GBA.

The PSP almost makes me think about it, sort of, except for the fact that on comparable devices (in the PDA/smartphone world) you get twice the resolution.
The ONLY redeeming thing about Nintendo's mobile platform is that they just licensed PalmOS, and if they turn the DS into a PDA-type unit..then it will kick royal ass on the PSP.

Till then, meh, these stupid handhelds are GROSSLY overrated.

wrt Sega, they put out some of the best handheld devices in their time. They kicked mucho ass.

oldsk00l
03-01-05, 01:08 PM
see that's the main reason why I'm not getting a PsP. If I have $350 (which is what it will cost for the PSP + a game or two), it's going to go toward getting a new processor & mobo for my computer.

Or, put it toward an Xbox, and a TV, and do some REAL gaming...instead of looking like some goofy looking nerd on a bus playing with a toy.

Ninjaman09
03-01-05, 01:41 PM
Till then, meh, these stupid handhelds are GROSSLY overrated.
Yes, I totally agree here. I'm actually even regretting buying a GBA SP now since there are barely any games worth playing on it. I'm tired of Castlevania and Metroid, and all the other top games are just remakes of old SNES games which I can play on my TV. Blarg.

oldsk00l
03-01-05, 02:10 PM
Yes, I totally agree here. I'm actually even regretting buying a GBA SP now since there are barely any games worth playing on it. I'm tired of Castlevania and Metroid, and all the other top games are just remakes of old SNES games which I can play on my TV. Blarg.

or emulate for that matter, lol

saturnotaku
03-01-05, 02:25 PM
The only game I would want a GBA for would be for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, which I only play when my two friends and I get together roughly every 6-10 weeks for marathon gaming weekends. I don't even have to do that now, because they both have 2 GBAs each.

f|LtH fR@g
03-03-05, 10:45 AM

sell the sp and play all those gba games on ur monitor @ 1600x1200 :D

Vagrant Zero
03-03-05, 05:43 PM
I'm going to use my PSP as an MP3 player [who the hell needs 40 gigs? Seriously, are you going to Mars and won't be Home for the next 5 years that you need that much space?], movie player, and of course for gaming. It'll cover it's costs.