PDA

View Full Version : Few pics of Call Of Duty 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

DMA
02-28-05, 02:21 PM
Scans from a magazine, which one i don't know. :o
http://games.tiscali.cz/clanek/screen.asp?id=8598
I guess they ditched the Q3 engine this time.

|MaguS|
02-28-05, 02:21 PM
So cant wait! COD was one of my favorite games.

Bad_Boy
02-28-05, 02:24 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DMA
02-28-05, 02:30 PM
So cant wait! COD was one of my favorite games.

Yeah, same here. By far the best WW2 shooter out there.

AthlonXP1800
02-28-05, 02:31 PM
These shots look amazing using Doom 3 engine. :drooling:

Bad_Boy
02-28-05, 02:40 PM
is it d3 engine?

some info from planetcallofduty.com

We got some Call of Duty 2 news. This has not been confirmed and to be honest we don't know where this is from but here it is anyway.

American SP Campaign (2 Large Missions)
1) Omaha Beach, Battle of the Bulge, Africa, Italy - 7 or 8 small separate missions
2) Pacific Theater

British Campaign (1 Large Mission)
1) Africa, El Alamein, Tobruk - SAS missions

Russian Campaign (1 Large Mission)
1) Stalingrad, Kursk, defending Moscow, the final assault on Berlin

Multi-Player
1) Mobile MGs
2) Tanks
3) Jeeps
4) Air and Artillery Support
5) Larger Maps

:cool:

|MaguS|
02-28-05, 02:45 PM
Don't see anything that states what engine its using.

CaptNKILL
02-28-05, 02:47 PM
The screens look awesome, but for god's sake, how many WW2 shooters do we need?

Do you realize how many pictures like this I have seen in the past 5 years?
http://games.tiscali.cz//images/callofduty2/img7.jpg

Someone really needs to try something different. At least do Korea or something like that. How about a WW1 game? Or even a game that mixes wars, some WW1, some WW2, Korea... just major battles.

I dont have a problem with WW2, its just that almost every high-profile, semi-realistic shooter has the same weapons and the same style of missions because they all take place during either WW2 or Vietnam.

I mean, maybe Im just forgetting a lot of games, but I seriously cant remember a (good) war shooter from the past few years that didnt take place in WW2 or Vietnam (though most good ones are WW2).

Mr_LoL
02-28-05, 03:03 PM
OMFG :eek: :headbang: :luv: You can never have enough ww2 shooters especially if they are good unlike medal of honour. This certainly aint gonna play on my geforce2 though :(

|MaguS|
02-28-05, 03:05 PM
Reason behind so many WW2 games is because soo much happened in WW2. Even if you made games based of true stories from WW2 there would be MANY games, theres so many untold stories...

If you want to play a War game in Korea, get Mercenaries for the PS2/Xbox. Its awsome!

Personally, I would like to see a WW2 game with some missions on the German front, There are many stories that are not told on that side. Not all evil, there were many Germans who fled or aided the Allied forces (My Grandfather for one).

Mr_LoL
02-28-05, 03:09 PM
Me being naive and ignorant, doesnt even know that a Korean war was fought. But its a good idea if some missions were from a German point of view but what would spoil it is that you would think to yourself they didnt win the war.

Seoulstriker
02-28-05, 03:15 PM
What we need is a game based off of Vietnam!

* ducks *

Mr_LoL
02-28-05, 03:18 PM
What we need is a game based off of Vietnam!

* ducks *

The only decent battle I know of in Vietnam was the one in we were soldiers. Hmm there must be others. Google time. :D

superklye
02-28-05, 03:22 PM
It's not the Doom 3 engine. There is a big article about it in the new PCGamer. They're using a proprietary engine for the game.

stncttr908
02-28-05, 03:29 PM
The screens look awesome, but for god's sake, how many WW2 shooters do we need?

Do you realize how many pictures like this I have seen in the past 5 years?
http://games.tiscali.cz//images/callofduty2/img7.jpg

Someone really needs to try something different. At least do Korea or something like that. How about a WW1 game? Or even a game that mixes wars, some WW1, some WW2, Korea... just major battles.

I dont have a problem with WW2, its just that almost every high-profile, semi-realistic shooter has the same weapons and the same style of missions because they all take place during either WW2 or Vietnam.

I mean, maybe Im just forgetting a lot of games, but I seriously cant remember a (good) war shooter from the past few years that didnt take place in WW2 or Vietnam (though most good ones are WW2).A WWI game would definitely be a challenge, since it mostly consisted of trench warfare back and forth. Gain a few hundred yards, get bogged down, and lose it later in the day.

It would be interesting to pull off though, and pretty damn intense trying to charge your way through No Man's Land dodging machine gun fire like a ****ing maniac.

XP_GUN
02-28-05, 03:31 PM
Dangit link not working at school.

Hope it looks great when I get home.

holmes
02-28-05, 03:33 PM
looks good (Doome3 engine or not)...
:D

LiquidX
02-28-05, 03:36 PM
Sheez do we need more of this WWII backlash? Simply if you dont like WWII shooters dont play them, there alot of other shooters. That said I just wet myself. :( I cant wait. :eek:

Elderblaze
02-28-05, 03:37 PM
looks kinda like source to me, the light reflection from the scaning even reminds me of De_aztec

Mr_LoL
02-28-05, 03:43 PM
Does anyone know the rumoured release date or is it sometime next year?

superklye
02-28-05, 03:45 PM
looks kinda like source to me, the light reflection from the scaning even reminds me of De_aztec

There is a big article about it in the new PCGamer. They're using a proprietary engine for the game.

six_storm
02-28-05, 03:50 PM
COD was ok. I should've have bought it though. I bought it after playing Doom 3 and I wasn't real impressed besides a few action sequences. Oh well, new pics look ok. Nothing special IMO.

Sorrow
02-28-05, 03:56 PM
I'm ready for F.E.A.R that's the only FPS I want to play.

CaptNKILL
02-28-05, 04:43 PM
Sheez do we need more of this WWII backlash? Simply if you dont like WWII shooters dont play them, there alot of other shooters.
Thats what I was getting at though. How many semi-realistic war time shooters are there from the past 4 years? And how many have large fan bases and sold well? Now how many of those were based in WW2? Probably all of them. I've played Vietnam games and they arent as well done as ones based in WW2, simply because those games get more attention.

There may be a lot of other shooters, but the only ones that are done well, have a realistic feel and have real weapons are based in WW2. If these talented devolopement teams focused on other wars we might have some other good war shooters that arent based in WW2.

Im just getting tired of the same old USA vs. Germany, MP40, Thompson, Garand, K98 battles for a good war experience.

bknblk
02-28-05, 04:55 PM
Yeah, WWI games. I will be the Mustard Gas camper. :D