PDA

View Full Version : Need help with setting up timings PLEASE...

newls1
02-28-05, 09:48 PM
in cpuz, it says the following for memory timings:
Frequency: 201.0MHz
FSBRAM: cpu/13
CAS# latency 2.0
RAS# to CAS delay 3 clocks
RAS# precharge 3 clocks
Cycle time(tras) 5 clocks
Bank cycle time (TRC) 20 clocks
DRAM idle timer 16 clocks

Please explain to me which setting about I should change to achive better performance. My ram is rated for 2-3-2-5 timings according to the package it came in. Im using 2 "1gb" sticks of patriot dual channel ram. This is also using an ASUS a8n-sli board... I know that there is some performance potential here, as these timings look terrible. Please help me if you can.

newls1
02-28-05, 10:07 PM
someone?

|MaguS|
02-28-05, 10:16 PM
change RAS to 2... thats the best you can get, but since your OC'd you might not be able to hit it and continue to be stable. The best way to get RAM to become more stable with lower timings is to increase its voltage or buy better RAM. If you got the option set your T setting to 1T, The only other option should be 2T.

Mine allows me to hit 2,2,2,11 (11 is supposly optimal for nForce3 Boards, I can lower it to 5).

newls1
02-28-05, 10:22 PM
change RAS to 2... thats the best you can get, but since your OC'd you might not be able to hit it and continue to be stable. The best way to get RAM to become more stable with lower timings is to increase its voltage or buy better RAM. If you got the option set your T setting to 1T, The only other option should be 2T.

Mine allows me to hit 2,2,2,11 (11 is supposly optimal for nForce3 Boards, I can lower it to 5).

OK, but in what order from what I typed would you change? PS, I did buy good ram, The box it came in said set timings to 2/3/2/5. Im just trying to change the timings

|MaguS|
03-01-05, 12:10 AM
CAS-CAS to RAS-RAS-tRAS
2-2-2-5 or 11

If your system locks up then your RAM cant run stable with tight timings, try doing a memtest before going into windows and see if you get any errors.

Viral
03-01-05, 01:04 AM
go for 2-3-2-11. I'm doubtful that you will achieve 2-2-2-11, but you can give it a shot if you want, just make sure you know how to clear the cmos before doing so.