PDA

View Full Version : Driver wait for Opengl 2.0 ICD maybe?

Tcide
03-01-05, 09:59 AM
I would bow before Nvidia if their next driver release included an opengl 2.0 installable client driver..Perhaps this is why it is taking so long for the next release. The openGL 2.0 specification was released some time ago, and I dont know that there are any official drivers with support for it yet.

Electronic Punk
03-01-05, 10:05 AM
Rel75 is where OpenGL support is introduced - 75.90 is already ages old.

Tcide
03-01-05, 10:22 AM
I tend to stick with "official" drivers due to the fact that I have had a LOT of issues with some of the betas from Nvidia over the lat 5 months or so, I now have major issues getting any beta to use SLI on my system. So, that being said, my statement was that I was hoping the next official release (whenever it finally comes out) would support OpenGL 2.0 being that 75.90 does include support for it, this does seem likely.

Superfly
03-01-05, 10:55 AM
only rel 75.xx drivers will support OGL2.

The next oficial release will be a rel 70.xx driver.

Red_Shift
03-01-05, 11:56 AM
Beta drivers ownz man! Why do you want the full ogl2.0 support so soon? Are you developing a game or other software that uses it? If you are, run beta drivers like everyone else (75.90 are good and they support more games for SLI), if you aren't and don't really want to run betas, just wait cos at the time ogl2.0 games arrive we'll be full of official drivers with ogl2.0 support.

wEEt
03-01-05, 12:16 PM
The next oficial release will be a rel 70.xx driver.
Sure about this? Some guy always told me that Relese 70.xx is meant for Quadros...

Superfly
03-01-05, 12:19 PM
nope

u sure 'bout that........?

wEEt
03-01-05, 12:24 PM
Nope ;) But I mean now it's March..What's up with "Mid-February"?

Demanufakture
03-01-05, 01:17 PM
There is no "Release 70" driver. There are a few 7x.xx drivers that are meant for quadro cards only. Geforce cards are still at Release 65. Remember, just because you can install quadro drivers on a geforce because of the unified driver architecture you still shouldn't do it because they are not optimized nor made for geforce cards. :cool:

Superfly
03-01-05, 01:26 PM
There is no "Release 70" driver. There are a few 7x.xx drivers that are meant for quadro cards only. Geforce cards are still at Release 65. Remember, just because you can install quadro drivers on a geforce because of the unified driver architecture you still shouldn't do it because they are not optimized nor made for geforce cards. :cool:

wrong in so many ways.

Most importantly is the fact that release 70.xx is available on the GAME developers web site NOT the Quadro.

Its more than optimized for Geforce cards is DESIGNED for them.

so far 71.80 and 71.83 have been published by NVIDIA for GeForce GPU's.

Please get a clue before posting, thanks.

Demanufakture
03-01-05, 01:32 PM
wrong in so many ways.

Most importantly is the fact that release 70.xx is available on the GAME developers web site NOT the Quadro.

Its more than optimized for Geforce cards is DESIGNED for them.

so far 71.80 and 71.83 have been published by NVIDIA for GeForce GPU's.

Please get a clue before posting, thanks.

No need to be a turd about it. Im not on the developer website and cant check that so excuse me. I stand corrected. The 7x.xx drivers on nvidias public site right now are for quadro cards so that is what i based my conclusion on. :cool:

Tcide
03-01-05, 05:48 PM
OK guys, I went ahead and downloaded and installed 75.90, the driver does seem to work pretty well, Doom3 looks really good, but NO MORE SLI!! there is no option for SLI anywhere that I can find within the driver configuration. running dual Leadtek 6800 TDH video cards...