PDA

View Full Version : How am I getting this HIGH resolution?

Fynx-Gloire
03-01-05, 10:17 AM
Hey guys,
I have an analog 24 inch widescreen Sony FW900 monitor.
Anyways my graphics card is not dual link DVI, or is it? (PNY 6800 Ultra AGP)
How am I gettting a desktop resolution of 2304x1440 at 80 Hz.
I thought my graphics card maxed out at 2048x1536?
Since I am achieving this high of a desktop resolution, can I run my graphics card on the new Apple 30 inch monster which requires a card capable of
2560 x 1600?
I am attaching a pic as proof.

Thanks

Sean

J-Mag
03-01-05, 12:42 PM
That's definatley a freaking weird resolution man... I rember seeing thoose widescreen CRT's a while back, do you like it?

Are you actually running at that resolution?

And to answer your question, NO you cannot use an apple 30in cinema display, unless you have Dual Link DVI (not just two DVI ports). Most of the nonMac cards that have DUAL LINK DVI are Quadros, but I htink Asus might have made an Ultra like that...

Fynx-Gloire
03-01-05, 01:26 PM
yeah, I run my desktop res at this high resolution, its amazing.
I love my monitor, better than most LCD's.
Well I heard that the Asus v9999 gamers edition card owners got their card to work on the 30 inch Apple monitor, and it NOT a dual link DVI.
So I was wondering if mine would work, can u get this resolution if you uncheck 'suported resolutions' in monitor settings?

That's definatley a freaking weird resolution man... I rember seeing thoose widescreen CRT's a while back, do you like it?

Are you actually running at that resolution?

And to answer your question, NO you cannot use an apple 30in cinema display, unless you have Dual Link DVI (not just two DVI ports). Most of the nonMac cards that have DUAL LINK DVI are Quadros, but I htink Asus might have made an Ultra like that...

Parts
03-01-05, 03:25 PM
wow that res at 80hertz, I want a new monitor :(

jAkUp
03-01-05, 09:57 PM
80hz! Holy crap thats awesome. Too bad not even an SLI setup could play a game at that res.. hehe :) Still cool though.

Megasaxon
03-02-05, 03:07 AM
I can hit 2048x1536 on my 19" sony CRT, but only at 60hz.
You getting that res at that refresh rate...mm tasty :)

Marcos
03-02-05, 09:07 AM
80hz! Holy crap thats awesome. Too bad not even an SLI setup could play a game at that res.. hehe :) Still cool though.

quake III baby :D

Cota
03-02-05, 10:03 AM

Just wait a couple of months, the new cards will probably do it.