PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800 GT OC problem with Dual DVI

allbad
03-01-05, 12:12 PM
I just purchased a BFG 6800 GT OC PCIe card last week and have an issue with it. The 2nd DVI port seems to only be giving me an analog signal. Here is the symptom specifically:

- When my 2nd LCD is connected via DVI to the 2nd DVI output on the 6800, I get no signal.

I noticed in the nView taskbar program: the 1st output listed as Digital and the 2nd output listed as Analog. That gave me the idea to use my analog input on the LCD and voila! I get normal signal. I have confirmed the problem is isolated to the BFG by swapping LCD's (which are identical).

This leads me to suspect I need to somehow "toggle" the 2nd DVI port to output in digital vs. analog. So, how do i do that?

I contacted BFG tech support for help with this and they just want to replace the card. I'd rather not spend the week + $shipping if it's a software issues and I wind up with the same problem (no they don't cross ship 6800's even with a CC).

Thanks!

ViN86
03-01-05, 01:23 PM
they make GT's with dual DVI? you sure it isnt an ultra?

allbad
03-01-05, 01:39 PM
they make GT's with dual DVI? you sure it isnt an ultra?

Positive it's a GT... looks just like this:
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=190482

ViN86
03-01-05, 02:31 PM
oh its PCI-E, i was thinkin of AGP :p

allbad
03-02-05, 06:50 AM
oh its PCI-E, i was thinkin of AGP :p

no problem