PDA

View Full Version : 6800 making noise! Please help

snowflake
03-01-05, 03:44 PM
I have just got a 6800 standard edition and installed it into my ice cube with the IC-VL67 motherboard. The thing is awesome for lan parties. After I installed the card and plugged in the computer it start to make a high pitched noise. The weird thing is that when I turn the computer on the noise stops and the card works perfectly. I did not enable the hidden pipelines or make any other mods to the card.

System Specs:
IC-VL67
eVGA Nvidia GeForce 6800
Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Pro
Pent 3.2 Ghz w/ HT (That thing is super hot)
1024 MB Kingston
120 Gig Seagate
Windows XP Pro Corp Edition (No Tweaks)

Clay
03-01-05, 04:12 PM
Obvious question I know but best to start with: do you have a molex power connector from your PSU plugged into the 6800? Make sure it's not a "fan-only" molex drop.

snowflake
03-01-05, 04:20 PM
Thank you for the fast reply. Yes have been working on this problem for some time. I made sure the power connectors were correct. I even heard of a usb hub creating this problem for someone else. Alot of forums told me if any one can help me it is this forum.

Clay
03-01-05, 06:04 PM
Can you try your card in another machine? If so, does the problem still exist?

snowflake
03-01-05, 06:56 PM
As for the post about the speaker. At first I thought it was the system bio speaker, but later found out it was the video card speaker. I proved this by blocking the speaker hole and the sound became muffled. As for the other questions. I have already replaced the card. I think it is a system problem. I called the company who made the board and they said we never tested the card on that board (Translation: F@$% You!). The board supports the specs of the card. If all else fails how would you physical disable the speaker. I was thinking of soldering on a resistor. I believe the board it allowing goes a little power allowing it to power the speaker, maybe if I create a little resistance it will stop and allow system noise to go though. If anyone as any idea including destroying the speaker without damaging the board please post. Please do not post about throwing holy water into my computer to make the demons leave it......I have already tried that.