PDA

View Full Version : IGN Reviews BIA

EatFresh
03-01-05, 10:20 PM
9.3 :) Check it out.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/592/592373p1.html :eek:

CaptNKILL
03-01-05, 10:41 PM
Eh... It doesnt really sound like my kind of game after reading this review.

I read a while ago that it had a sort of RTS style view for commanding your soldiers... what happened to that? Or is that a PC only feature? The way this review describes it, its just like the "follow freeman" level in HL2, which really isnt all that special.

Plus, I dont like the way they describe the difficulty. I hate games that are irritatingly difficult, and this deffinitely sounds like one.

I'll play a demo when it comes out, but from this review, it doesnt sound like this will be for everyone (or even most people).

EatFresh
03-01-05, 10:44 PM
Yea you control the squad similar to an rts game. Definately picking this one up :)

stncttr908
03-02-05, 01:07 AM
I must have the PC version now dammit. Why does the Xbox version come first? :(

BioHazZarD
03-02-05, 05:19 AM
Well i hope it will be difficult because COD was ridicilous easy no real challenge there.

Mr_LoL
03-02-05, 02:52 PM
oh fantastic. my graphics card just died a horrible death and this comes out soon :mad:

Geordan
03-02-05, 09:38 PM
Yes there will be the overhead view in the pc version. You can't control your troops from this, it just acts as more of a map. It's wicked.

The PC version is coming out two weeks later than the Xbox version because Microsoft snagged a deal with Ubi or Gearbox to get exclusive launch rights, in hopes that people waiting for the PC version will buy the Xbox instead, therefore making more money for Microsoft. Bastards. Right now, thousands of copies of the PC BIA are sitting in some facotry somewhere waiting to be shipped to stores. Stupid, Stupid decision in my mind. The least Gearbox can do is give us a demo.

-Geordan

superklye
03-02-05, 10:17 PM
The least Gearbox can do is give us a demo.
QFT

stncttr908
03-02-05, 11:01 PM
Yes there will be the overhead view in the pc version. You can't control your troops from this, it just acts as more of a map. It's wicked.

The PC version is coming out two weeks later than the Xbox version because Microsoft snagged a deal with Ubi or Gearbox to get exclusive launch rights, in hopes that people waiting for the PC version will buy the Xbox instead, therefore making more money for Microsoft. Bastards. Right now, thousands of copies of the PC BIA are sitting in some facotry somewhere waiting to be shipped to stores. Stupid, Stupid decision in my mind. The least Gearbox can do is give us a demo.

-Geordan
Uh oh. It doesn't sound too hard for a release group to get their hands on ahead of time then. Bad news for Ubi and Gearbox. :thumbdwn:

EatFresh
03-03-05, 08:06 AM
I bet it doesn't happen before it's officially released. As big as this game is there's no doubt it will be pirated after being released.