PDA

View Full Version : Dead motherboard?

Assassin
03-01-05, 11:33 PM
Today, when I started up my computer, it didn't display anything on the screen or it didn't make any beep sound from the motherboard. Yesterday, I did some overclocking then saved to CMOS but it successfully booted up to Winows XP, then I successfully shut it down for the night. Then today, this is what I get... any ideas on what might be wrong? I even reset the CMOS by changing its default postions(1,2) to (2,3) for about 5 mins and took out the motherboard battery for 3 hours but that didn't do anything. Everything turns on... the HD, CPU fan, lights, video card, but theres nothing on the monitor or no beep sounds or a post. Could this be a fried motherboard?

I tried turning it on w/o the video card, and it didn't even make any kind of beep... w/o video I think its supposed to make 2 beeps. So, I think I fried my motherboard chipset, becouse yesterday I changed my dead Abit chipset fan with a NB-1C passively cooled. I was running it with that dead abit chipset fan for about 1 week.

jAkUp
03-02-05, 12:09 AM
Hey that sounds just like what happened to my dead Asus board. Hate to say it, buts its probably toast...

Assassin
03-02-05, 12:46 AM
Hey that sounds just like what happened to my dead Asus board. Hate to say it, buts its probably toast...
If it is dead, could it have taken anything else down with it?

jAkUp
03-02-05, 01:04 AM
Very unlikely... I also killed an Abit IC7-G Max II about a year ago :)