PDA

View Full Version : Farcry ai auto balance

sturnbull_chs
03-02-05, 05:35 PM
hey i have already started a game but at the begining i didn't check the ai autobalnce box. now i'm a 1/4 of the way through is there ne way to turn it on now withour restarting the game?

GuOD
03-02-05, 05:48 PM
hey i have already started a game but at the begining i didn't check the ai autobalnce box. now i'm a 1/4 of the way through is there ne way to turn it on now withour restarting the game?

if you really want, you can just add "-devmode" (without quotes) to the end of the target line. and then start a game at ANY checkpoint on any difficulty w/ or w/o AI balanace. Be sure to disable -devmode before going online though.

einstein_314
03-02-05, 07:06 PM

I think the only way to do it is to make a new profile and start a new game with the settings you want. Then quit and browse to the far cry folder and find the profiles folder. Copy the save games out of your old profile and into your new one. Then start up the game and use your new profile.

sturnbull_chs
03-02-05, 08:34 PM
that didn't seem to work einstein

einstein_314
03-02-05, 09:16 PM
What didn't seem to work about it? Were you able to load your saved game in the new profile? You should be able to, I've done it.

sturnbull_chs
03-02-05, 09:40 PM
i loaded the games but it didn't have the autobalance enabled

GuOD
03-02-05, 09:59 PM

use my method

-=DVS=-
03-02-05, 10:09 PM
FarCry is fun just start over :p

einstein_314
03-02-05, 11:07 PM

How do you know it wasn't enabled? I wasn't aware there was a way to check if it was enabled or not after you had started the game. I played with it on and it didn't make that much of a difference. And when it did, it was after dying time and time again. It's not like the guys yell out "ok we're going to ease up a little for you". If you keep hitting quick load when you die, I don't think it will do anything to make it easier; you have to wait until the screen goes all red and the load game screen comes up.

Again, i'm just speculating here. When I played the game, I accidentally started it on the easiest setting, and didn't realize it for a while when I realized that it was way too easy. So I did what I told you to do, except I changed the difficulty to challenging, rather than enabling AI autobalance. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

If you are still having problems, just restart the game. You're only 1/4 of the way in it. That's not that far.

sturnbull_chs
03-03-05, 07:00 PM
thanks for u're help and the way to check for autobalance is to type "\ai_autobalance" into the command line if it comes up "=0" its not on if it comes up "=1" its enabled i found this in the dumped vars file