PDA

View Full Version : New Asus A8N-SLI Premium Announced

jAkUp
03-03-05, 04:07 PM
Asus A8N-SLI Premium:
It seems as though ASUS is doing some upgrading of their own when it comes to SLI. While the ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe showed to be a fine motherboard, we have been told that ASUS wants to do even better in light of folks like MSI and DFI putting out SLI motherboards that are outperforming the ASUS board in some benchmarks. The rumor is that the new ASUS A8N-SLI Premium will be a better overclocker and better overall performer than its little brother Deluxe. Time will tell. This spy photo weighs in at 250KB, so it may not be dialup suitable.

They should of released this from the beginning :(

superklye
03-03-05, 04:13 PM
sorry about your problems. :(

SH64
03-03-05, 04:32 PM
Looks to have the same PCI slots problem if 2x6800Ultras used :thumbdwn:

Viral
03-07-05, 02:16 AM
What problem? You can't use any PCI-E 1x ports, but you can use more PCI ports than on any other SLI board when using Ultras. I personally think this layout is the best as it should have no problems fitting NV5's, which is what I want, but unless this has improved dramatically in the overclocking side of things then it's not what I want. :(

ChrisRay
03-07-05, 03:35 AM
They should of released this from the beginning :(

Eh.. my board has been problem free man... I'm sorry you had problems. But I dont think it really is that big of a deal. I have yet to encounter one issue with the board aside from its noisy butt soutbridge.

JoKeRr
03-08-05, 05:19 PM
did u guys notice the Lack of SWITCH card for SLI?? It's done automatically now. Also, the PCI-E 4X slot might prove to be useful for that new fizyks PPU card, since it'll use X4 slot as well. hm hm.. :eek:

bkswaney
03-26-05, 01:20 AM
Wish I had the funds to order one of these bad boys.
I bet it's going to run 240.00+.

I guess a regular A8N-SLI is going in my box.
But for a 149 bucks it's hard to go wrong.
Just hope I do not have nightmares like
some have on the board with this mobo. ;) :angel: