PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800U OC from Outpost

seeker010
03-04-05, 12:29 AM
So I ordered my ultra oc from outpost last month. Anyone else do the same and not receive theirs yet?

ViN86
03-04-05, 12:15 PM
was it on backorder?

vläd
03-04-05, 12:29 PM
There was a weekend where Outpost offered the BFG 6800 Ultra AGP for $399 after rebate. Is this when you ordered yours?

saturnotaku
03-04-05, 01:50 PM
And have you actually tried contacting Outpost to get a status update?

seeker010
03-04-05, 03:00 PM
yup I ordered when the price was ridiculously low. but now they refuse to give me an estimate on when it might ship.

bkswaney
03-04-05, 11:57 PM
yup I ordered when the price was ridiculously low. but now they refuse to give me an estimate on when it might ship.

That suxs man.
But it will be worth the wait. ;)
The BFG cards sell for top dollar.
I love mine. :hugz: card. :D

Blacklash
03-05-05, 12:21 AM
The BFG cards are great I simply switch around usually to entertain myself. I will be back to nVidia again down the line for a spell, then back to ATi :p

bkswaney
03-06-05, 01:27 AM
The BFG cards are great I simply switch around usually to entertain myself. I will be back to nVidia again down the line for a spell, then back to ATi :p

I buy ATI sometimes. But Nvidia most of the time. ;)
I've just had better luck with nvidia. I stick with what
works for me. :)

Blacklash
03-06-05, 02:18 AM
I buy ATI sometimes. But Nvidia most of the time. ;)
I've just had better luck with nvidia. I stick with what
works for me. :)

Understood,

I have stated here and elsewhere many times that I wanted a mild 16 pipe card from ATi with a good price performance ratio. After I heard about the XL I stated they could have skipped the X800 series and just released that card as far as I am concerned.

I am putting my money where my mouth is. I said I wanted this from ATi and they delivered. The more expensive Powercolor version was perfect IMO. If the price falls even further from its current 369 it will be even better for folks. You can also consider the current prices of PCI-e GTs and Ultras in this.

A person could do well for themselves with the XL, an AMD 64 90nm 3500(if they don't OC) and this ATi board or the new Soltek PCI-e.

I was going to get a VIVO Pro by Gigabyte way back when and was unsure if it was 16 pipes or not out of the box. Now I can say they are. It was around 479 then and I said 'wth' and got the Ultra because it wasn't that far off. Also I hadn't made up my mind if I was going to game 1600x or 1280x primarily. The great deal I got on this 8ms LCD that is 1280x contributed to my decision and the fact that the largest amount of my gaming time is in MMORPGs where I have been playing at said res by preference, even when I had my CRT.

I do like nVidia and will use their products again, as I have in the past. I honestly was disappointed about getting a semi functional VPU for the price I paid for the Ultra.