PDA

View Full Version : 'insufficient power' message ONLY with 67.66 forceware.

Xen
03-04-05, 08:01 AM
Wassup, I have a problem.

I think alot agree with me that the 67.66 are the best drivers out now..without having bugs like the temp-bug, yellow hl2 water, missing refresh rate override function, etc.

However, only, and ONLY when I use the 67.66 driver,and only when starting my pc up after being shut of a whole night, I get a 'insufficient power, lowering clock to prevent damage' message. I reboot, and after that it's gone for the whole day, even if I reboot again. It seems to only happen when the pc has been off for a long time. Still..this sucks.
I have already changed my power cable so my card doesn't share the power with any other device anymore, didn't work.

Does anybody know how it can be that I ONLY get the message with these drivers, and if I should be concerned even if it's only the 67.66 drivers?
Anybody else having this problem, or know of people who do?

Tia.

--

Specs: P4P800 non-deluxe, 2.8 ghz 800 fsb, XFX 6800 GT Rev 4 bios, Twinmos 2x512 pc-3200 dual channel, antec truepower 480W psu.
Nothing overclocked.

Electronic Punk
03-04-05, 08:24 AM
I think you must have just found a bug with these "perfect" drivers.
I suggest piling on the pressure and join the rel70 crew. :0)

Xen
03-04-05, 08:32 AM
Well..I haven't found other people with the same problem yet..but then again: not that many people use beta drivers ( I think ).

But it's very weird I ONLY get it with this driver, and only at the first startup of the day

Electronic Punk
03-04-05, 08:34 AM
480w is definitely not inadequate.

MUYA
03-04-05, 08:37 AM
/me points to his Sig.

So I dunno bud, it's not the PSU!

MUYA
03-04-05, 08:38 AM
oh by the way, it is reccomended that the power cable connected to the card is a clean one...ie it's not sharing/daisy chained with any other devices.

Xen
03-04-05, 09:00 AM
I have already changed my power cable so my card doesn't share the power with any other device anymore, didn't work.

Already did it :)

MUYA
03-04-05, 09:08 AM
ah sorry not reading posts in full gets me whacked in the butt. Sorry man. I do not know how or why the applet is showing "insufficient power" etc That PSU should be fine enough as I am running a 6800 Ultra and FX53, 2 hdds etc.

olefarte
03-04-05, 09:11 AM
Does anybody know how it can be that I ONLY get the message with these drivers, and if I should be concerned even if it's only the 67.66 drivers?
Anybody else having this problem, or know of people who do.I can say I had that problem also with that driver. I guess we are the only two. I bought an Antec 350 when I got the BFG 6800 GT OC, didn't have any problem, but took it back and got a True Power 430 just to be safe.

I thought I was the only one to see that problem, but as it only happened twice, I figured it was somthing to do with my setup. Anyway, as often as there are new drivers out, I just moved on the next latest and greatest set, no more problems, well except the temp bug.

Xen
03-04-05, 09:23 AM
I can say I had that problem also with that driver. I guess we are the only two. I bought an Antec 350 when I got the BFG 6800 GT OC, didn't have any problem, but took it back and got a True Power 430 just to be safe.

I thought I was the only one to see that problem, but as it only happened twice, I figured it was somthing to do with my setup. Anyway, as often as there are new drivers out, I just moved on the next latest and greatest set, no more problems, well except the temp bug.

So you also got the message ONLY with the 67.66 forceware set?
Not with other drivers? Just like me?

--

Maybe I should move on to the 71.90 or 71.84 also then.. you can fix the temp bug by overclocking 1 mhz right?

Electronic Punk
03-04-05, 10:02 AM
Well I have no idea if my ultra is on it's own rail.
I jus did what I could to hide any cables :p