PDA

View Full Version : Control Panel AA&AF ingame AA&AF

Pages : [1] 2

dpagan
03-04-05, 09:17 AM
i've been playing HL2 and COR (won't keep playing this one till they patch it), and i've decided to play with the in game settings in hl2, and disabled aa& af from he control panel and enabled them ingame, and i have noticed a smoother performance using these settings, i've also tried it in COR's ingame AF and notice the same, i get a total from 5 to 10+ FPS using the ingame settings instead of forcing them thru the control panel, now i've read a few articles claiming that ingame AA&AF are optimized for the games that have this option, but i never really tried it till now and i have to admit from now on if the option is available ingame thats exactly what i'll be using instead of forcing it thru the control panel.

Ninjaman09
03-04-05, 09:38 AM
http://img.penny-arcade.com/2002/20021011l.gif

dpagan
03-04-05, 09:48 AM

is that better ninjASS

einstein_314
03-04-05, 09:49 AM
i've been playing HL2 and COR (won't keep playing this one till they patch it) and i've decided to play with the in game settings in hl2 and disabled aa& af from he control panel and enabled them ingame and i have noticed a smoother performance using these settings i also tried it in COR's ingame AF and notice the same i get a total from 5 to 10+ FPS using the ingame settings instead of forcing them thru the control panel, now i've read a few articles claiming that ingame AA&AF are optimized for the games that have this option in game but i never really tried it till now and i have to admit from now on if the option is available ingame thats exactly what i'll be using instead of forcing it thru the control panel

Wow, that's a reeeaaaallly long sentence.

dpagan
03-04-05, 09:53 AM
Wow, that's a reeeaaaallly long sentence.

Sorry didn't mean for it to be that long >reeeaaaallly< for someone who can't spell, you sure complain a lot.

Gentle
03-04-05, 09:56 AM
(This is a parody of the original posters message.)

i wonder if you notice that the antialiasing options for half life 2 show 6xaa antialiasing and even though half life 2 shows it as an option the actual nvidia drivers dont do 6xaa antialiasing wow you learn something new every day also i let all the games choose my antialiasing and anisotropic filtering options but you can do whichever you think is best after all it is your computer i dont mean to sound mean its just that i am cranky now that i have typed this entire diatribe without punctuation or capitals but hey i did use correct spelling throughout the entire message oh and dont forget let either the drivers enforce the options or the game dont use both the computer might get confused

-----

(Here is a parody of his edited message.)

i wonder if you notice that the antialiasing options for half life 2 show 6xaa antialiasing, and even though half life 2 shows it as an option, the actual nvidia drivers dont do 6xaa antialiasing, (wow you learn something new every day), also i let all the games choose my antialiasing and anisotropic filtering options, but you can do whichever you think is best after all it is your computer, (i dont mean to sound mean, its just that i am cranky now that i have typed this entire diatribe, without correct usage of punctuation or capitals, but hey i did use correct spelling throughout the entire message), oh and dont forget, let either the drivers enforce the options, or the game, dont use both, the computer might get confused

Gentle

dpagan
03-04-05, 10:15 AM
(This is a parody of the original posters message.)

i wonder if you notice that the antialiasing options for half life 2 show 6xaa antialiasing and even though half life 2 shows it as an option the actual nvidia drivers dont do 6xaa antialiasing wow you learn something new every day also i let all the games choose my antialiasing and anisotropic filtering options but you can do whichever you think is best after all it is your computer i dont mean to sound mean its just that i am cranky now that i have typed this entire diatribe without punctuation or capitals but hey i did use correct spelling throughout the entire message oh and dont forget let either the drivers enforce the options or the game dont use both the computer might get confused

-----

(Here is a parody of his edited message.)

i wonder if you notice that the antialiasing options for half life 2 show 6xaa antialiasing, and even though half life 2 shows it as an option, the actual nvidia drivers dont do 6xaa antialiasing, (wow you learn something new every day), also i let all the games choose my antialiasing and anisotropic filtering options, but you can do whichever you think is best after all it is your computer, (i dont mean to sound mean, its just that i am cranky now that i have typed this entire diatribe, without correct usage of punctuation or capitals, but hey i did use correct spelling throughout the entire message), oh and dont forget, let either the drivers enforce the options, or the game, dont use both, the computer might get confused

Gentle

well it's nice to see that there are a few in this forum, who are nice enough to point out other members spelling and or misuse of puntuations, thanks, now can we get back on topic, you understood what i meant, if you don't have anything that will contribute to this thread, don't bother posting, this isn't a spelling bee thread, and i don't really care what you have to say about my spelling, not everyone here is a nerd and or spelling teacher, we have girlfriends and get laid, yes laid thats a topic i can contribute too (a lot), but i have a feeling you won't have nothing to say at all, and no don't post saying you do, cause if you get cranky cause you've had to write a diatribe, that means you use you hands on yourself a lot, so lets stay on topic, now i know why you call yourself gentle, "you're gonna go blind man, quit being gentle to yourself"

JaxMacFL
03-04-05, 10:32 AM
i've been playing HL2 and COR (won't keep playing this one till they patch it), and i've decided to play with the in game settings in hl2, and disabled aa& af from he control panel and enabled them ingame, and i have noticed a smoother performance using these settings, i've also tried it in COR's ingame AF and notice the same, i get a total from 5 to 10+ FPS using the ingame settings instead of forcing them thru the control panel, now i've read a few articles claiming that ingame AA&AF are optimized for the games that have this option, but i never really tried it till now and i have to admit from now on if the option is available ingame thats exactly what i'll be using instead of forcing it thru the control panel.

If you meant you turned off the aa/af in the nvidia control panel enstead of checking the application-controlled box, then you may not be using any aa/af in the game. Checking the application-controlled box in the nvidia control panel and using the in-game aa/af controls (when available) is the proper way to utilize them. If no aa/af available in the games option, the utilize them from the control panel. You should never have to turn them off/disable.

dpagan
03-04-05, 10:35 AM
If you meant you turned off the aa/af in the nvidia control panel enstead of checking the application-controlled box, then you may not be using any aa/af in the game. Checking the application-controlled box in the nvidia control panel and using the in-game aa/af controls (when available) is the proper way to utilize them. If no aa/af available in the games option, the utilize them from the control panel. You should never have to turn them off/disable.

i did leave them as application-controlled in the control panel, i just enabled them in the ingame options.

JaxMacFL
03-04-05, 10:50 AM
i did leave them as application-controlled in the control panel, i just enabled them in the ingame options.

I've heard of gamers using aa/af in both the control panel and the game options. Now that really puts a load on the old graphics card and usually causes the game to be unplayable. You're doing it the right way. Cool game too.

dpagan
03-04-05, 10:53 AM
I've heard of gamers using aa/af in both the control panel and the game options. Now that really puts a load on the old graphics card and usually causes the game to be unplayable. You're doing it the right way. Cool game too.

thanks for the smart and good post, first one on this thread so far.

superklye
03-04-05, 11:40 AM
hahaha...that one is great, but I think this Mr. Period is a lot better:

http://img.penny-arcade.com/2004/20041103l.jpg

Ninjaman09
03-04-05, 11:46 AM
hahaha...that one is great, but I think this Mr. Period is a lot better:

Yeah I was thinking of using that one instead but I decided it was geared more towards choice of words and grammar than punctuation. Hey, they're both awesome. :D
is that better ninjASS
Not really, dpagASS, since all you did was add a bunch of commas. It may actually be less legible now than it was before. But no need to get all worked up, I was only messing around. Any opportunity to post a Penny Arcade comic is an opportunity worth taking! :)

dpagan
03-04-05, 11:54 AM
Wow, now thats original, criticize someone by copying and pasting off of some guys website, i'll see if they got something on this on there site and copy and past it here too, come on guys! I don't mind being made fun of, but damn be original and quit using someone's else's crap, then feel like you accomplished something (wow, look at me i can copy and past and be funny), damn amateurs

Ninjaman09
03-04-05, 12:10 PM
Wow, now thats original, criticize someone by copying and pasting off of some guys website, i'll see if they got something on this on there site and copy and past it here too, come on guys! I don't mind being made fun of, but damn be original and quit using someone's else's crap, then feel like you accomplished something (wow, look at me i can copy and past and be funny), damn amateurs
You need to calm the hell down, kid, and learn how to take a joke.

superklye
03-04-05, 12:11 PM
Why be original when something perfect has already been made? You can't beat perfection.

dpagan
03-04-05, 12:14 PM
You need to calm the hell down, kid, and learn how to take a joke.

i'm soo scared, the ninjaman is going to get me, first of all i'm am not a kid, second now that the tables have turned it seems you can't take a joke

dpagan
03-04-05, 12:18 PM
Why be original when something perfect has already been made? You can't be perfection.

you mean, you can't beat perfection, as you can see, you're right noboby's perfect. :D

superklye
03-04-05, 12:21 PM
What the hell are you talking about? I can't understand anything you type. PUNCTUATE!

EDIT: My post said "be perfection" and it should have said "beat perfection"

dpagan
03-04-05, 12:25 PM
What the hell are you talking about? I can't understand anything you type. PUNCTUATE!

EDIT: My post said "be perfection" and it should have said "beat perfection"

ah, how the mighty have fallen.
:smoking:

Ninjaman09
03-04-05, 12:28 PM
i'm soo scared, the ninjaman is going to get me, first of all i'm am not a kid, second now that the tables have turned it seems you can't take a joke
What joke are you referring to? You haven't joked about anything at all.

superklye
03-04-05, 12:33 PM
ah, how the mighty have fallen.
:smoking:
Oh? Because my post was such a jumbled mess without puncuation that you couldn't read it? Or because I made a typo that had no impact on the readability of the sentence, just the meaning?

At least when I correct my posts, they're coherent and legible.

dpagan
03-04-05, 12:39 PM
What joke are you referring to? You haven't joked about anything at all.

like i stated before, i don't care being made made fun of, and every comment i made in response to your postings and the other guys was just to get **** started, which by the way it seems to have worked very well, sorry if you thought i was serious, military habits die hard, starting **** was big back in the days, and getting all worked up about it, was even bigger.

dpagan
03-04-05, 12:41 PM
Oh? Because my post was such a jumbled mess without puncuation that you couldn't read it? Or because I made a typo that had no impact on the readability of the sentence, just the meaning?

At least when I correct my posts, they're coherent and legible.

don't talk about perfection, then make up excuses when you fail to be it

*edit* and by the way you keep responding so it must not be the "jumbled mess without puncuation that you couldn't read it?"

Ninjaman09
03-04-05, 12:42 PM
like i stated before, i don't care being made made fun of, and every comment i made in response to your postings and the other guys was just to get **** started, which by the way it seems to have worked very well, sorry if you thought i was serious, military habits die hard, starting **** was big back in the days, and getting all worked up about it, was even bigger.
:wtf:
don't talk about perfection, then make up excuses when you fail to be it
Christ, did you hit your head or something? :eek2: