PDA

View Full Version : stargate game

nrs421
03-04-05, 07:17 PM
looks interesting

http://www.stargatealliance.com/main.php?lang=en

wonder if it will be any good or if it turns out like the crappy star trek games

Nutty
03-04-05, 07:25 PM
Could be good.. Been watching Stargate Atlantis recently, and my flat mate and I reckon it would make a top FPS game.

fugu_fish
03-10-05, 02:19 PM
Could be good.. Been watching Stargate Atlantis recently, and my flat mate and I reckon it would make a top FPS game.

I hate Atlantis. Dr. Weir is emotionless and Rodney is uber annoying. :thumbdwn:

Nutty
03-11-05, 07:18 AM
Rodney is annoying yeah, but in a good way, cos he's soo uber clever.. In fact he reminds me of myself. Especially when hes getting agitated by ppl who dont have a clue what they're doing.. hehe.

I found SG1 to be completely dire and boring.. I like the Atlantis one. They seem to have lots of nice chicks in too :D

fugu_fish
03-11-05, 08:28 AM
Rodney is annoying yeah, but in a good way, cos he's soo uber clever.. In fact he reminds me of myself. Especially when hes getting agitated by ppl who dont have a clue what they're doing.. hehe.

I found SG1 to be completely dire and boring.. I like the Atlantis one. They seem to have lots of nice chicks in too :D

We're on opposite ends of the spectrum then... I'm a big SG1 fan. For me it's all about the chemistry between the characters, something I feel Atlantis lacks. Maybe it will get better over time. I'm still trying to figure out Battlestar Galactica.

vampireuk
03-11-05, 08:36 AM
I'm enjoying Atlantis, when I first heard news of it I figured it was going to absolutely suck but I was pleasently suprised when I started watching it. I too am a massive SG-1 fan :D

nrs421
03-11-05, 10:55 AM
the only sci fi series i hate is the new battlestar galactica.....boring piece of crap.

Nutty
03-11-05, 11:42 AM
WHAT!! Battlestar totally rocks.. Best SciFi I've seen in years.. IMHO :)

Rakeesh
03-11-05, 11:47 AM
I liked the stargate movie, but it really bothered me when they replaced curt russel with mcgyver, so I never really got into the shows. It's on a lot these days, I just finished watching the entirety of DS9 so I might start watching SG1 whenever the reruns start from the beginning.

GlowStick
03-11-05, 01:25 PM
Yeah, the stargate game looks to be awesome! However its gonna be plaged with probly a console port.

However here is a nice teaser video HQ divx http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=6447

OT, i like SG1 better than Atlantis, but rodney is a hause!

nrs421
03-11-05, 10:26 PM
I liked the stargate movie, but it really bothered me when they replaced curt russel with mcgyver, so I never really got into the shows. It's on a lot these days, I just finished watching the entirety of DS9 so I might start watching SG1 whenever the reruns start from the beginning.

that's a long time to wait....8 years of reruns to watch

Slybri
03-13-05, 02:04 AM
I'm glad someone finally put their money behind an SG-1 game. I've been crying for years about how it's tailor made to spawn a first person shooter. I've seen lots of attempts at SG-1 total conversions for games over the years but I've never seen one playable. I've been itching to walk throught the Stargate with a massive arsenal in my hands and t'ealc to back me up. Hope it doesn't suck (remember the Farscape game?).
Atlantis is a good show, but the chick playing Dr. Weir is horrible and Rodney IS annoying. Some of the plots are utterly predictable. But as far as Sci-fi goes these days, I'll take what I can get.
Galactica sucks. LIke Maxim magazine made a sci-fi show. Gotta say though, the chicks are hot. That's about all it's got going for it.

Rakeesh
03-13-05, 02:16 AM
that's a long time to wait....8 years of reruns to watch

Not really, it airs like four times a day here (or at least on my satellite provider.) That would be like 3-5 months or so. But its of no consequence anyways, it just restarted recently and I already have the first 6 episodes archived on my tivo. I might get around to watching them tommorow.

vampireuk
03-13-05, 03:26 AM

Kurt Russel sucks compared to Richard Anderson :D

Sovereignxp
03-13-05, 04:01 AM
Kick Ass! Stargate SG1 Game! WOOHOO!!

Richard Dean Anderson iz in da house!