PDA

View Full Version : Doh!

$n][pErMan
03-04-05, 11:03 PM
My fan on my northbridge chip fell off the heatsink?!?!? :( :( Landed right on top of my video card.... thank god its a plastic fan and cant short anything out. Still.... wtf and how the %(#@ did the fan fall of the heatsink?!?! :eek:

keith33
03-05-05, 12:35 AM
You shouldn't have to put up with defects like that, I would definately RMA the board. Speaking of bloopers, when I was trying to take out a stripped screw in my motherboard securing it to the chassis, i accidently scratch the pcb, my heart nearly stopped. On first attempt, it didn't even boot, then magically after i tried again, all is back to normal. That was the first time I almost cried lol.

$n][pErMan
03-05-05, 01:34 AM
You shouldn't have to put up with defects like that, I would definately RMA the board. Speaking of bloopers, when I was trying to take out a stripped screw in my motherboard securing it to the chassis, i accidently scratch the pcb, my heart nearly stopped. On first attempt, it didn't even boot, then magically after i tried again, all is back to normal. That was the first time I almost cried lol.
Its not really worth the downtime to RMA it as I have had it sense september and its still working fine. I'll just have to think of another way to reattach the fan where it will not fall off :p Also... one time I was putting on a heatsink for a CPU and the screwdriver slipped and I jabbed the motherboard. I damn near almost **** my pants and had a heart attack... luckly ... the motherboard still worked... last time I ever made that mistake :)

bkswaney
03-05-05, 03:02 AM
U could just slap a good Zalman on it
and be done with it to. ;)
They r cheap and work d@mn good. :)

Copper214
03-05-05, 08:36 PM
I think just about everybody has done this once, And most of the time with a new board putting on the heatsink. :D