PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo about to mess up new console?

Pages : [1] 2

Mr_LoL
03-05-05, 01:25 PM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/593/593733p1.html

Well its a lack of third party titles that killed the n64 and gamecube. It seems too much Pokemon success have gone to nintendos head. Its vital they get decent third party support cuz Zelda and Mario aint enough anymore.

|JuiceZ|
03-05-05, 01:48 PM
Yup, they're bout to screw it up. :rolleyes:

Vagrant Zero
03-05-05, 02:14 PM
Goodbye Ninny.

terraboy
03-05-05, 02:28 PM
the last nintendo system i liked was snes, and it was fine because i was still a kid. when you hit 20 years old, mario and zelda are sort of old. nintendo focused themselves too heavily in young kids, a move that could very well be their demise.

then again, consoles don't cut it for me anymore. i don't feel there is much innovation in general, everything i bought seemed to get old real quick. although good titles are sometimes few and far between, I'll stick with pc gaming.

S.I.N
03-05-05, 02:49 PM
Nintendo has some great games but yup thats what killed the N64 and the same thing may happen again. N64 life was short lived because it couldnt survive with only them and Rare churning out AAA titles. One good game every 6 months couldn' cut it. Personaly I wouldnt mind a Nintendo console with only Nintendo exclusive because basically thats what the GC is to me right now. But how many Metroid, Zelda and Mario can they churn out a year and survive with this new "revolution" in gaming being that they even say there might not be third party support? I dont think I could stand seeing Zelda and Mario on another system but a Nintendo but thats where I see them heading.They cant starve gamers like they did with the N64 and in a way do with the GameCube or they will go the way of Sega. And after Sega went third party they were never the same. The vets in console gaming know.:(

Mr_LoL
03-05-05, 02:57 PM
Well they are now saying this console will be innovative. I really dont see how you can innovate the hardware futher other than the games or a touchscreen to turn the consol on etc.

Vagrant Zero
03-05-05, 03:02 PM
It's the software that should innovative, not the hardware. The hardware's job is just to play the software, not innovate for it.

Bad_Boy
03-05-05, 03:07 PM
nintendo:r, sony ps3, ms:xb2 all at e3 this year....should be interesting.

oldsk00l
03-05-05, 03:51 PM
It's good to see Nintendo is finally getting their bankruptcy underway.

Rakeesh
03-05-05, 06:00 PM
LOL this is another one of those threads that is really going to piss people off! My favorite kind of thread honestly. :D

Mr_LoL
03-06-05, 09:08 AM
It's good to see Nintendo is finally getting their bankruptcy underway.

They have pokemon and ds. Do you know the made a profit of 800 million dollars in 2001. :eek: How they did it is beyoned me.
http://cube.ign.com/articles/530/530986p1.html

ralinn
03-06-05, 12:45 PM
because alot of people think Zelda and pokemon make good games. They do. Sure they are getting a bit old but the games are still ace. I'm getting quite sick of the MGS series for the PS2 but I'm playing MGS3 atm and it's bloody fantastic. Not like it does anything new though.

a4164
03-06-05, 02:41 PM
Nintendo is working on some new gameplay feature that will not lend itself to multiplatform titles. But I think Nintendo said Revolution will be backwards compatible with GameCube, so a traditional means of playing games is probably supported as well. I guess if a 3rd Party wants to make a game with the new gameplay feature, that game will not lend itself to being ported to other platforms.

Revolution will probably have an IBM CPU and ATI VPU (like GameCube). Hopefully, its at least as powerful as Xenon (Xbox 2) plus this new gameplay thing. I'm kind of excited.

Slyder
03-07-05, 12:34 AM
There biggest mistake was selling Rareware to Microsoft. Nintendo died the day they did that imho. :rolleyes:

LiquidX
03-07-05, 02:13 AM
There biggest mistake was selling Rareware to Microsoft. Nintendo died the day they did that imho. :rolleyes:

I disagree. Rare has not shown anything worth while since Golden Eye and Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64 IMO. No sence in keeping a company that seems to make only 3 good games a console life span.

Acid Rain
03-07-05, 11:37 AM
I disagree. Rare has not shown anything worth while since Golden Eye and Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64 IMO. No sence in keeping a company that seems to make only 3 good games a console life span.
Oh come on!!! Haven't you played "Grabbed by the Ghoulies"???

That is one sweet Rare product!!!

Rare is now worthless.

nrdstrm
03-08-05, 01:25 PM
nintendo:r, sony ps3, ms:xb2 all at e3 this year....should be interesting.

Jakup and I will come back with lots of Pics and Vids... :) Can't wait for this years E3!!!

Nrdstrm

Marcos
03-08-05, 02:33 PM
all i gotta say is:

River City Ransom Ex is the Mother****ing ****!!!1111

WeReWoLf
03-08-05, 10:34 PM

So StarFox: Dinosaur Adventures didn't beat the million sales mark according to you then? Starfox: DA is quite fun IMO and it really shows off what the GCN is capable of, i just wish it didn't take so damn long to come out.

LiquidX
03-09-05, 09:03 AM
So StarFox: Dinosaur Adventures didn't beat the million sales mark according to you then? Starfox: DA is quite fun IMO and it really shows off what the GCN is capable of, i just wish it didn't take so damn long to come out.

Thats not what I am really saying. My whole point was that there games come out to far and in between. Even if StarFox sold a million they didnt help Nintendo's console because Nintendo it'self decided not to re-new there contract because they were not producing. Gamecube from there relationship should have seen another Donkey Kong Country, Killer Instinct, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark or the greatest FPS ever made GoldenEye but all it saw was a Great that there going to MS and I think Perfect Dark 2 will own them all but still I think they let Nintendo down. I also think MS will see that the 500 million dollars they paid for them was not worth it in the long run after only 3 games are released in the Xbox and XBox Next life span.

oldsk00l
03-09-05, 10:04 AM

I completely agree.

Rare's new game, Cameo, looks like a little kiddy game that might sell 100 copies total. The mistake, was in Microsoft buying Rare...not in Nintendo selling them.

The DS looks stupid, and Zelda wouldn't be ghey if it wasn't the 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000th Zelda game.

THERE IS ONLY ONE good thing about Nintendo, right now, and it's that their head honcho told Steve Ballmer to lick his yellow balls. I nearly bought a gamecube solely because of that, however I realized all the GC games are teh suck and I went with xbox instead.

Mr_LoL
03-09-05, 06:42 PM
surely you havent forgotten about conkers. A truly great game

Heavyd
03-10-05, 09:16 PM
im tired of all these remake games, once was enough, how many times can you actually remake make super mario bros? why don't the do other games like the wario series or excite, did nintendo forget about these?

S.I.N
03-10-05, 09:23 PM
im tired of all these remake games, once was enough, how many times can you actually remake make super mario bros? why don't the do other games like the wario series or excite, did nintendo forget about these?

They could make 20 super marios and I would careless cause all of them so far as been on point except the one for gamecube which I thought sucked. All the marios have felt different while at the same time being mario. Who says more mario? :p

Vagrant Zero
03-10-05, 11:05 PM
THERE IS ONLY ONE good thing about Nintendo, right now, and it's that their head honcho told Steve Ballmer to lick his yellow balls. I nearly bought a gamecube solely because of that, however I realized all the GC games are teh suck and I went with xbox instead.

Hm, hate to break it to you but that interview was a fake. There was no yellow ball licking telling off.