PDA

View Full Version : New US PSP Site Launched

Clay
03-05-05, 07:42 PM
Looks like this page just went live yesterday.

http://www.us.playstation.com/aboutpsp/aboutpsp.aspx

Nothing we didn't alrdady know, just kind of neat to see their official page up.

Bad_Boy
03-05-05, 07:53 PM
definately is.

we should have an official psp type thread, i have a feeling we are gonna see lots more psp threads in the coming weeks. i know i probaly already annoy a few of you with my psp threads :p

Clay
03-05-05, 07:58 PM
Yeah I've thought about that and I think it's a good idea. We won't create a sub-forum for it but I will make an official thread a day or so before the 24th and sticky it for all things PSP-related.

Slybri
03-07-05, 11:20 AM
I definitely want one of these things, but it seems like all the pre-orders are for "value packs" that come with your choice of 2-4 games and cost 400$.
None of these pre-orders even garauntee that they will be available to ship at launch.
Is there anywhere I can get just the PSP for 250$ and buy the games I want seperately? And be sure that it will ship at launch?

|MaguS|
03-07-05, 11:32 AM
Go into your Local Best Buy or Wal-Mart the day of release... I'll be at Wal-Mart at Midnight for sure! :)

Vagrant Zero
03-07-05, 02:32 PM
I definitely want one of these things, but it seems like all the pre-orders are for "value packs" that come with your choice of 2-4 games and cost 400$.
None of these pre-orders even garauntee that they will be available to ship at launch.
Is there anywhere I can get just the PSP for 250$ and buy the games I want seperately? And be sure that it will ship at launch?

There are a few places that allow you to simply order the PSP, no bundle.

http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?sku=5665386

It used to be $250 when I ordered it from there. But they don't charge tax so it almost evens out.

1337_Like_ThaT
03-07-05, 09:16 PM

I think that is one of the gayest things I have seen done for marketing on a console. Requiring to buy games with the system is just outrageous, let alone the price of the PSP is, but needing to spend easily over $100 additional to buy something for the system is lame. Though I do have mine on reserve, not requiring to buy additional games, If the only way I would be able to reserve by this method as the only choice, guess I'd also be in line at walmart at midnight :p I know for a fact that Game Crazy video stores are requiring this sort of pre-order, and when I asked one of the sales associates if your pre-order is guaranteed for you to get it on release date, he said there is already about 1 month wait !!!! :eek: ....Kinda reminds me back when the N64 was preparing for launch date in America during Christmas, wow !