PDA

View Full Version : WTB/Need Abit Serillel2 PATA to SATA converter

superklye
03-05-05, 11:29 PM
Anyone that has an Abit NF7-S mobo and a Serillel2 converter that they aren't using: this message is for you!

I am in dire need of one and I can't seem to find any at any stores online. Rytr was kind enough to send me one of his, since he didn't need it, but it turned out to be just a Serillel (not Serillel2) and apparently, those don't work with the board/Silicon Image RAID controller on my NF7-S.

So, if there is anyone that has a Serilel2 converter that isn't being used, I would love to take it off your hands. We can work out a price, since I don't know how much they even cost. PM me with info, please...I really, really need this!

And if anyone knows where I can buy one online, if no one has one to sell, that would work, too.

Thanks!

stncttr908
03-06-05, 12:39 AM
I have mine from my board that I don't need, but unfortunately it's at home and I won't be there until next weekend.

superklye
03-06-05, 12:51 AM
But...would you be willing to part with it? And you're positive it's a Serillel2?

stncttr908
03-06-05, 12:52 AM
Yeah, I don't think I'd be needing it. And it's whatever came with the board, I haven't a clue if it's SATA2 or not.

superklye
03-06-05, 01:49 AM
That's awesome, and it's not SATA2, it's Serillel2...apparently they made changes to the adapter that make it work with the new boards, but other Serillel adapters don't work with new boards.

It's still just normal SATA.

It'll say on the sticker on one of the sides "Serillel" or "Serilell2." That's how you know.

mattkenn_4545
03-06-05, 03:58 AM
I thought the new ones only made it so It can work with CD-Roms etc...

superklye
03-06-05, 04:01 AM
Nope.

superklye
03-07-05, 03:35 PM
bump...anyone else that has one? If not, and stncttr908 is still willing, for a reasonable price, to part with his, that's fine...but I'd like to know ASAP! :)

stncttr908
03-07-05, 03:40 PM
I'll check it when I get home Friday evening.

superklye
03-07-05, 04:28 PM
Awesome, thanks man. :)

superklye
03-09-05, 09:39 PM
I did another test today, I hadn't actually switched the two converters to the other drive, so I did that and lo and behold, the drive hooked up to the Serillel0 didn't show up, but the other, that had previously been hooked up to it and was now hooked up to the Serillel2, DID work.

So what I think is that either the NF7-S and S rev. 2.0 have different SI SATA controllers on-board, or Rytr's came from a different Abit board. It says on the instructions that the converter is only compatible with the board it came with, so I guess it's a hell of a lot pickier than I had originally thought.

netviper13
03-10-05, 06:34 PM
I did another test today, I hadn't actually switched the two converters to the other drive, so I did that and lo and behold, the drive hooked up to the Serillel0 didn't show up, but the other, that had previously been hooked up to it and was now hooked up to the Serillel2, DID work.

So what I think is that either the NF7-S and S rev. 2.0 have different SI SATA controllers on-board, or Rytr's came from a different Abit board. It says on the instructions that the converter is only compatible with the board it came with, so I guess it's a hell of a lot pickier than I had originally thought.

I have an NF7-S rev 2.0 and am not using the Serillel connector that came with it. I'll be home for spring break after next Friday and can check to see if it's Serillel2.

superklye
03-10-05, 06:57 PM
Jawesome...if things don't work out with stncttr908, this would rule. Thanks!

fldrice
03-13-05, 08:26 PM
you might want to try this: http://www.directron.com/rockethead100.html .

superklye
03-13-05, 08:33 PM
you might want to try this: http://www.directron.com/rockethead100.html .
eh...thanks, but no. I've got two from Abit and the mobo is picky enough there that I don't want to spend $16+ on something that has a 25% or less chance of working.

superklye
03-14-05, 10:53 PM
Bump...I haven't heard back from stncttr908 yet, so if anyone else has one that they are willing to part with for a decent price, please let me know.

Serrasalmus
03-14-05, 11:01 PM
i got one from a abit nf7s rev 2.0 and i would be willing to part with it

superklye
03-14-05, 11:08 PM
Really? Are you sure it's a Serillel2 though?

superklye
03-16-05, 09:03 PM
I'm still in need of one, and I want to spend no more than like $15 for one, please!

d2thez
03-17-05, 02:33 PM
Well I have one, that I use for absolutely nothing.

It came with my Abit IC7-G Max Advance II motherboard. I am almost certain it is a Serrillel 2. I will sell it to you shipped for $17. That is priority Mail.

superklye
03-17-05, 02:41 PM
Hmm...I looked and it's the same drivers for the SATA controller (3112) and it says on the site it's Serillel2, so hopefully that means it would work...

Does it have to be shipped priority mail though? I don't need it at this super fast or anything. Standard mail is $3.35 cheaper and maybe a day or two longer to get here.

d2thez
03-17-05, 02:57 PM
Ok, good deal, I can send it regular mail or however you want it. How does $15 even sound?

By the way, what do you plan on doing with it? I just wondered. I actually built a PC for my fiancee's bro with that mobo and since we didn't utilize it, I took it because I was gonna use it for my optical drive in my MSI K8N Neo Nforce3 build. I never did even end up trying it.

superklye
03-17-05, 03:28 PM
$15 sounds great! I've already got a Serillel2 and it's hooked up to one of my two 160GB drives. I got a serillel0 from Rytr, but that doesn't like the controller on my motherboard, so only one drive shows up, the one on the Serillel2.

I want to run a RAID of my two 160s and this is the only way I can without spending $50 on an IDE RAID controller.

d2thez
03-17-05, 05:06 PM
Well PM me and we will exchange personal info and finalize this deal. Just in case you have any reservations, my ebay feedback is under Lazarus85. I live in Pennsylvania.

superklye
03-17-05, 05:53 PM
ygpm