PDA

View Full Version : Connecting a VCR-Recorder to a 6600GT

SFL
03-06-05, 11:52 AM
Hi,

I would like to connect our VCR to my NVidia 6600GT card. The VCR has 2 connectors at the front: 1 Audio In/Out and 1 TV In/Out.

Which cables do I need? Will it work?

Thanks!

saturnotaku
03-06-05, 12:54 PM
It's not going to work because your video card doesn't support VIVO (video in/video out). Sorry.

ricercar
03-06-05, 01:44 PM
If you do get a VIVO graphics card, be certain that your AC power lines are appropriately grounded. Otherwise you can damage your equipment.

I blew my TiVo video output circuit when my AC power line on the stereo was not wired the same way as my AC on my computer with VIVO. That was an expensive repair.

SFL
03-07-05, 03:22 AM
It's not going to work because your video card doesn't support VIVO (video in/video out). Sorry.Hmmmm... I am using a MSI 6600GT-VTD128 ( http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=NX6600GT-VTD128&class=vga ): it features a TV-out (S-Video Connector) as well as a Video-in (Composite Video).

saturnotaku
03-07-05, 05:31 AM
HAHA, that's my bad then. :spank: I was looking at the specs of the PCI-Express card. Since you have the AGP version, then yes, it should work fine as long as you install the NVIDIA WDM drivers. Those should be on the CD that came with the card.

SFL
03-07-05, 02:15 PM
(...) it should work fine as long as you install the NVIDIA WDM drivers.I am now running the 66.93 driver... so I just have to install an additional driver: the WDM one... right? :)