PDA

View Full Version : So I killed my 6800GT...

psychogmv
03-07-05, 07:45 AM
After a long troubleshooting I discovered that my problem was the 6800GT. I messed with it a lot, removing the heatsinks to add and remove thermal grease several times, and now it died. It produces artifacts all the time. And all of this started because I bought a XFX one and it came with only 900Mhz of memory, and I removed the memory heatsink to see the type of the memory it was. I should have RMA'd it to get a 1Ghz one. But now I learned my lesson. $500 thrown away. Now I bought a eVga and IŽll never mess with it again and void my warranty. So sad, $1000 dollars spent on video cards... :(

bkswaney
03-07-05, 07:52 AM
Sorry to hear that.

But as I always say.... U have to pay to play. ;)

Marcos
03-07-05, 08:02 AM
500 for a gt????

are you in europe or canada i hope?

psychogmv
03-07-05, 08:16 AM
Brazil.... worst than that.... ;)
But, lets burn some money to play at high FPS and image quality.

Marcos
03-07-05, 08:20 AM
brazil is good man i hear every girl there has implants

faraday
03-07-05, 08:26 AM
I hear they don't need implants..

TeaEtchSee
03-07-05, 08:47 AM
After a long troubleshooting I discovered that my problem was the 6800GT. I messed with it a lot, removing the heatsinks to add and remove thermal grease several times, and now it died. It produces artifacts all the time. And all of this started because I bought a XFX one and it came with only 900Mhz of memory, and I removed the memory heatsink to see the type of the memory it was. I should have RMA'd it to get a 1Ghz one. But now I learned my lesson. $500 thrown away. Now I bought a eVga and IŽll never mess with it again and void my warranty. So sad, $1000 dollars spent on video cards... :(

buddy welcome to the club....my EVGA6800gt got messed up within 6 months...i guess its cuz i installed NV silencer 5....REV1..ya way back :)

but now we all learned our lesson...

luv peace n happiness brother

$n][pErMan
03-07-05, 08:53 AM
I hear they don't need implants..
hehehe.... :)

psychogmv
03-07-05, 10:11 AM
brazil is good man i hear every girl there has implants

They are beautiful in nature, donŽt need implants... ;) But I agree with you, the women are great.

TeaEtchSee
03-07-05, 10:41 AM
They don't shave their thighs *shivers*

? thats a preference of the lady...not the entire culture...

please keep that in mind...

i cant stand people sayin 3rd world women are nasty...id rather be with one then an American woman..(no offence people) its just that i like flavor :afro:

mike2h
03-07-05, 11:02 AM
"id rather be one then an American woman"
lol!;)

"its just that i like flavor"
kinda makes your beginning statement(which i liked & agree with) slightly hypocritical. not a flame, just an observation.

JoKeRr
03-07-05, 05:26 PM
They are beautiful in nature, donŽt need implants... ;) But I agree with you, the women are great.

Don't really care about implants, as long as it's nice and juicy.. :D

SH64
03-07-05, 05:28 PM
At least you spent $1000 on a great products ...

Gentle
03-07-05, 05:37 PM

Yes, now you know better than to void your warranty.

I wish you the best with your new card.

Gentle

thecrazykevy
03-07-05, 05:50 PM
:( I die a little everytime I hear someone kill their videocard.

psychogmv
03-08-05, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the replies, folks. Now I feel more comfortable with what I did... :afro:

Just to think I could have bough SLI.... :( ok, its enough... :D

KaXXeN
03-08-05, 06:22 AM
Some cards come at 900mhz instead of 1000 out of the box.. tuff luck about the card though...

offtopic: nice to an brazilian here ;) im Swedish/brazilian =D

H-street
03-08-05, 10:43 PM
you can still try and RMA through eVGA.. 400$ is a lot ot waste and i think most companies realize that..

just explain to them what happened..

the worst that can happen is they say no...

TeaEtchSee
03-09-05, 09:40 AM
you can still try and RMA through eVGA.. 400$ is a lot ot waste and i think most companies realize that..

just explain to them what happened..

the worst that can happen is they say no...

The card has been tampered... Voided warranty...