PDA

View Full Version : XFX 6800 Ultra (AGP)

Tesco
03-07-05, 10:07 AM
Hi all, its been a while since I have been around :)

Got a question on the above card. Its o/c to core - 456mhz memory - 1.15ghz and the temp is at 60c after running HL2 stress test. Are these settings and temp ok?

Thanks

JoKeRr
03-07-05, 05:26 PM
sounds OK to me.. Try that crazy Rbituil (or waht ever test ppl use)

saturnotaku
03-07-05, 05:38 PM
Got a question on the above card. Its o/c to core - 456mhz memory - 1.15ghz and the temp is at 60c after running HL2 stress test. Are these settings and temp ok?

Thanks

If you're simply checking the temperature of the card after the program, the readout is not accurate. After closing a 3D application, the card cools down very quickly, sometimes 5 degrees or more within a matter of a couple seconds.

The program you want to test is called rthdribl - Google it, download it, extract the files, open up the temperature display in the control panel and launch the program. It should run in a 640x480 window so you can watch the temps while the demo is going. After about 15-20 minutes you should know just how hot your video card really runs.

Tesco
03-08-05, 12:56 AM
Thanks for your reply guys, will give it a go :)

Tesco
03-08-05, 03:23 PM
Ok I tried what you have said and the most it got up to was 72c. Is this a good temp...could I o/c it even more? What's a reasonable/acceptable (high) temp for this card on stock cooling when overclocked?

Thanks

JoKeRr
03-08-05, 05:24 PM
cooler the better, that's for sure. Maybe u should get a eVGA copper sink

TeaEtchSee
03-08-05, 09:09 PM
sounds OK to me.. Try that crazy Rbituil (or waht ever test ppl use)

y i dont even remember the tester name...but that really test your temps...

i wonder how hot mine will get with the Temp Bug :)