PDA

View Full Version : Need a utility that can set core/mem speeds without testing first

NvViolator
03-08-05, 04:41 PM
Anyone know of a util that will let u set core/mem speeds with testing the first. I know the gainward util will but it will not go high enough when u flash an ultra with a gt bios.

thanks.

Gentle
03-09-05, 09:22 AM
Why don't you want to test a setting for core/memory before setting it?

That sounds somewhat dangerous...

Gentle

mcolbourn
03-09-05, 09:25 AM
Why don't you want to test a setting for core/memory before setting it?

That sounds somewhat dangerous...

Gentle

I would agree on that one

NvViolator
03-09-05, 05:01 PM
because the test fails at a lot lower than what the card will run at on both core and mem speeds............. :D My card max at the moment is 496 core and 1275 mem only gainwards expertool will allow me to set these because it dont test them it just sets what ever you select.

macatak
03-09-05, 05:24 PM
Isn't there a way to disable the test in the Power User Tab in RivaTuner ??

NvViolator
03-09-05, 06:44 PM
There is entries under the superuser tabs but they dont work. no need now any way ive flashed card with rev4 evga 6800u extreme edition and is has given me a nice little boost plus i can go back to useing expertool..... :D. Still 480 points short of 30,000 in 3dmark01. Im trying to make my up as to weather to get a vapourchill LS and use that for cooling the gpu, or upgrade to a amd 4000 cpu, and mobo,6800 ultra pci express............. :confused:

Edge
03-09-05, 06:46 PM
Isn't there a way to disable the test in the Power User Tab in RivaTuner ??
Yes there is, go to the Overclocking/Global section and set "DisableClockTest" to "1". So I would suggest to the topic creator to use Rivatuner.